Re: Malankara Orthodox Syrian Christian [ MOSC ] Group Letter to Syrian Patriarch by breakaway syrian christians of california

  • alice john
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2006
      Dear George Thomas,

      “Violence begets violence” is the norm of Nemesis. One who sows injustice will reap the same thing. Self betrayal is death that the Jacobite faction has bequeathed from Antioch. It is natural justice that any injustice shown to others will explode from within for one’s own destruction, for which they will have to give answers here and hereafter. They dug their own grave in Syria for the religious atrocities they have done to their own Father and their brethren in Kerala. The word Jacobite is only a name in Syria; they perished to that extent there; and they have started reaping the consequences now in California, and may flare up to the self-named ‘akamana suriani sabha’ of other places. If they realize their emptiness before they come to their doom, it is a good sign that they can mend themselves. It is a merited glory that they have secured in an alien land for doing nothing by including the name of the Syrian Patriarch in our Thubden and constitution. If they are
      prudent enough to understand the gravity of their undeserving halo, they may continue keep it by fostering peace with the Malankara Orthodox Catholicate and the Catholicos, the head of the Orthodox Church that is presided by our Catholicos on the throne of St.Thomas. If one priest by the name Thomas cut the root of Apostle Thomas, another Thomas is likely to come to displace Fr.Thomas. History repeats itself. “Diamond cuts down diamond itself”.

      When the other faction entirely lost their ground in court battles that forced them to have an amicable settlement with us, they started recruiting more clergy for them. If anyone gave Rs.100/-, he could become a priest; such priests are known as ‘Nuru Rupa pattakkatrs’. These foot soldiers of that faction hired any means of doing sabotage works to the church by recruiting militant youths from the sub-cultural streets. Such ‘Nuru Rupa Pattakars’ who borrowed the deviant means in destabilising the church used the violent ways of attacking the church premises by picketing churches and cemeteries, organizing hunger-strikes that displayed the hooligan spirituality in the streets even by the shepherds, allowing the infection of such maladies to the other churches also. These faction fighters who tried to cut the opponents as sorry figures gained momentum by threatening the political parties who became eventually their supporters because of vote-catching baits. Rev.Fr.N.G.Kurien,
      the head master of our first high school, rushed to a class room that became the centre of howling, shouting, roaring and wrecking. When he enquired of it from the students whether the noise was from that particular class room or not, all of them responded positively with a loud noise. Then he asked one by one whether he was the culprit or not. Everyone denied. This is the case in our case. From the Jacobite- dominated constituencies, there are 10 Orthodox Marxist MLAs in our Assembly now, whereas there are only a handful of Orthodox people who believe in Marxist ideology in our State. Just as baptism and Church are sisters, the church and secular politics are siblings in Nazrani culture. The non-Orthodox churches also support the violent faction because they also want to retaliate by dynamiting the original church from where they separated. The political spirituality of the communal Nazrani Christianity is like a rotten egg that is to be discarded into the rubbish bin at
      the earliest; otherwise a dreadful enemy will prowl upon and consume us at any time. This perverted faction is keep strengthening their power by consecrating more bishops and priests of sub-standard quality. It is to be doubted whether the Syrian Government’s, Muslim country, money and tactics are used to destroy the church in Kerala because such dirty diplomatic acumen was found out, as reported probably in this site, in a European country last year. One has to know that the Jacobite hierarchy is only a puppet of the Syrian Government. The communal, political addiction and slum spirituality of the Nazranis are real sisters that consume themselves by infighting.

      E.S.John, Australia
    • alice john
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2006
        “In any way it is not advisable to criticizing a higher priest since they are the representatives of God in Earth. They may be guilty in your eye, but give the judgment to God (Mat 7:1). We really don't know the mind of God. And regarding the usage of “H. B” or “H. H”, the red ink or the black ink, it's up to a great community who believes in the Patriarch as their Highest Priest and Catholicos next to him.”

        Don’t you know Jewish ‘highest priests’ sentenced Jesus to death? The Syrian fathers wrote the cursing prayers against the Jews that we sing, particularly during every passion week. Instead of criticising that church head, should we write cursing prayers against the religious head who pronounced spiritual death to St.Thomas? Why do you want to buy respect and honour that one may not deserve because of trying to walk over the jurisprudence of the Almighty and the Indian Supreme Court? Who has injected into your blood the delusions of the second to none position of that religious head? Church history and theology validates the position of the Catholicos in par with the status of the Patriarch. Blood boils when someone talks step-motherly, gutter spirituality after pushing our spiritual Father, the founder of the Indian church, into the drains and try to loot all his wealth stealthily. We give honour and respect to the Jacobite pontiff by incorporating the name in the first
        Thubden and praying for the prelate in every H.Qurbana. Can you explain the reason for divorcing your spiritual father whom you obeyed and respected till the 1970s? Are you not ashamed to say that we are criticizing a ‘higher priest’, while they have robbed off st.Thomas’ spiritual fatherhood? Even after your ‘higher priest’ jettisoned our father with the Roman pontiff, I received the H.Qurbana from the Jacobite church head in the late 1970s, despite you segregated from us on false pretence. We honour the pontiff’s ecclesiastical authority and position, but not the nasty political spirituality of ‘your father’ for earthly gains. Even if one gains the whole world that loses his credibility both in spiritual and righteous matters, no one with self-respect will adore that person any more. How can a person put trust in a person who cheated God and His apostle? As long as one is not in our fold, the intruder is to be treated as a robber stealing the sheep in the darkness by
        coming through the back door, Jn.3.

        When mar.Ivanios betrayed the Orthodox Church and sought refuge under the Roman yoke from Perunadu monastery in 1930, the prelate wanted thirumeni’s subordinate priest ‘Chandi Kathanar, later Alexios Mar Thevodosius, to obey thirumeni and give the charge of the monastery to thirumeni. Achen said that he had only to obey thirumeni as long as the prelate remained as a bishop of the Malankara Orthodox church. We honour the Jacobite pontiff, but may have to point out the treacherous betrayal of the Saviour’s apostle who shed the light of the Master shepherd in this continent. What do we pray daily? We glorify God and express our gratitude to Him who meets all our spiritual and material needs, despite we ought to pray only for others. If you are grateful to God, you have to thank God by honouring His emissary who transmitted the Heavenly grace to us in India, where Christians are only less than 2% of the population. You have made the Malankara Orthodox Christians as a butt of a
        joke that allows other religions and denominational churches to hunt us like mad dogs. Gratitude is a great and sublime quality of the mind, bereft of which is the land of animal kingdom that predates upon the meek and the noble ones. Have a second thought about your heretical mania.

        “Please pray for the peace in our ancient Church”.

        Who founded the ancient church? Hypocritical spirituality that mocks others looks like innocent flower having serpent under it.

        E.S.John, Australia
      • ronniedaniel1953
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 2006
          > Don't you know Jewish `highest priests' sentenced Jesus to death? The
          Syrian fathers wrote the cursing prayers against the Jews that we sing,
          particularly during every passion week. Instead of criticising that
          church head, should we write cursing prayers against the religious head
          who pronounced spiritual death to St.Thomas?

          Dear John,

          very good humour...
          an ideal song would be

          " Pourohityam rajyam pravachanam ennivayanye
          Syrianmare ningade nilayam sarvam shoonyam "

          rgds
          ronnie