SCHISM IN JACOBITE CHURCH KUWAIT

  • george_cthomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2006
      Dear all,

      Syrian Orthodox church in kuwait has been divided into two.A new group
      called St.Mary's Jacobite Syrian Church has been approved by the
      Syrian Patriarch which broke away from the the existing St.George's
      Universal Syrian Orthodox church after a period of internal fighting
      between Knanayas and non knanayas.
      It has been said that knanayas were ruling nonknanays by holding all
      key posts in the church committee.
      The jacobite church is like UDF where coalition parties will split for
      selfish motives and then became part of the UDF with the permission of
      congress high command.This schism in Kuwait will also happen in Kerala
      when the fued with Malankara Orthodox church ends.

      George T.
      Kuwait
    • MOSC member
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2006
        Mr. Philip Oommen who was an Orthodox by birth is using now a big
        trick to get attention. He will appear with his controversial
        arguments and everyone in this forum are trying to rectify him so he
        seems be the leading figure in this group. He does not have any other
        forum to preach his theories.

        The best way for the Orthodox members in this forum is to just ignore
        his ideas and we need to discuss the subjects that we need to
        discuss. I hope our brothers may find it is a suitable step.

        With regards,
        One of the forum members.
        (Pls withheld name and identity for this posting)
      • alice john
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2006
          Dear George,
          It seems like an epidemic everywhere that the Jacobite members from Melbourne and Sydney Indian Orthodox church parishes have formed their own parishes in those places. It has been proving that division is death because we are brothers sharing the same bread so far. The further sub-divisions prove that " there is something rotten in the State of Denmark". It is the spirit of falsehood that holds the key of this age, the age of delusions and falsehoods, the weapons of the prince of perditions, that invite the antichrist to rule for 7 years, culminating in the coming of the Lord to collect His faithful.