Life is tough- So Am I

  • Manish Wilson
    Message 1 of 2018 , Apr 11, 2006
      Life at any time can become difficult.
      Life at any time can become easy.
      It all depends upon how you adjust yourself to life.
      You cannot always control your circumstances.
      But you can always think positive thoughts.

      The realities of life result from many outside factors,
      none of which you can control.
      Your attitude, however, reflects the way
      in which you evaluate what's happening to you.

      It is not your situation,
      it's your reaction to the situation that's important.
      Things always seem to turn out best for those people
      who can make the best out of the way things turn out.

      There is nothing either good or bad,
      only your thinking makes it so.
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2018 of 2018 , Today at 5:34 PM

        "For there exist, there really exist, ways which are even more important than abstinence from food which can open the gates which lead to God with boldness. He, therefore, who eats and cannot fast, let him display richer almsgiving, let him pray more, let him have a more intense desire to hear divine words. In this, our somatic illness is not a hindrance. Let him become reconciled with his enemies, let him distance from his soul every resentment. If he wants to accomplish these things, then he has done the true fast, which is what the Lord asks of us more than anything else. It is for this reason that he asks us to abstain from food, in order to place the flesh in subjection to the fulfillment of his commandments, whereby curbing its impetuousness."

        St. John Chrysostom, Homilies on Fasting.

        "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."  Galatians 6:9

        The Bible reading for the 12th of Misra, August 18, is:
        22 Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter. 23 And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon's porch. 24 Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly. 25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. 30 I and My Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me? 33 The Jews answered Him, saying, For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God. 34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, `I said, You are gods '? 35 If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36 do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, `You are blaspheming,' because I said, `I am the Son of God'? 37 If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; 38 but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him. (John 10:22-38)
        Commemoration of the Honorable Archangel Michael.
        Cmmemoration of the enthronement of the Righteous Emperor Constantine, the Great.

        The Bible reading for the 13th of Misra, August 19, is: Mark 9:2-13
        The Feast of Transfiguration of Our Lord on Mount Tabor.

        The Bible reading for the 14th of Misra, August 20, is: Luke 5:27-39
        Commemoration of the Great Sign, the Lord had Manifested During the Papacy of St. Theophilus.

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.