Be holy in the lent and always

  • Dr. George Jacob, PhD
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 26, 2006
      Beloved ones,
      "And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I
      come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou
      hast given me, that they may be one, as we are" (JOH 17:11).

      Those who find the light to be their condemnation because their deeds
      are evil (JOH 3:19-20), cannot find communion with a Holy Father. 1JO
      1:5-7 says, "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and
      declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
      If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we
      lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the
      light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus
      Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." We cannot claim the atonement
      of Christ and walk in sin. We cannot have discord with brethren and
      claim to walk in the light and that we have fellowship with God.

      Any who have never seen that they are sinners who need cleansing in the
      Fountain Opened for All Sin and Uncleanness are still walking in
      darkness. 1JO 1:8-9 says, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive
      ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is
      faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all
      unrighteousness."

      Even the Prophet Isaiah was overcome with the hateful nature of his sin
      and the sins of the nation when he received a revelation of the Holiness
      of God. ISA 6:5 says, "Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because
      I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of
      unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts."

      Certainly we who have a fallen nature filled with imperfections will be
      filled with holy awe when we receive a true sense of the holiness of our
      God. See how the apostles reacted at the mere performance of a miracle
      of the Lord Jesus. LUK 5:8-10 says, "When Simon Peter saw it, he fell
      down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O
      Lord. For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the draught
      of the fishes which they had taken: And so was also James, and John, the
      sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto
      Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men."

      Our Holy Father, who Himself is infinitely holy, infinitely hates sin!
      Wicked men who have no thought of the infinite holiness of God become
      fearful in the presence of holy men who reflect the image of their God.
      MAR 6:18-20 says, "John had said unto Herod, It is not lawful for thee
      to have thy brother's wife. Therefore Herodias had a quarrel against
      him, and would have killed him; but she could not: For Herod feared
      John, knowing that he was a just man and an holy, and observed him; and
      when he heard him, he did many things, and heard him gladly."

      Our Holy Father's hatred for sin out of holiness and its just reward
      cries out unto us from the cross of His only begotten Son. MAT 27:46
      says, "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying,
      Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast
      thou forsaken me?" The Father forsook Jesus while He suffered such
      agony, bearing our sins on the cross, because you and I deserve to be
      forsaken eternally. The human mind cannot comprehend the hatred God has
      for sin, that He would endure such a cry from His own Son.

      Even though the love our Holy Father had for us was so strong that He
      could restrain the love He had for His own Son as He cried from
      Calvary's cross, yet He would rather give His only begotten Son than
      sacrifice His holiness. Holiness is His nature. He is holiness itself.
      He could not bring those He loved back into union and communion with Him
      without being cleansed from sin. HAB 1:12-13 says, "Art thou not from
      everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O LORD,
      thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast
      established them for correction. Thou art of purer eyes than to behold
      evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them
      that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked
      devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?" The Lord looks on us
      in Christ and restrains His wrath on us because He has restrained His
      wrath on His own Son. This does not give us license to sin. It should
      make sin so hateful.

      As we learn to rightly prize Our Holy Father's love in giving His only
      begotten Son to appease His holy wrath upon our sin, we can learn what
      the Apostle Paul said in ROM 1:16-18, "For I am not ashamed of the
      gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one
      that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is
      the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written,
      The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from
      heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the
      truth in unrighteousness."

      Holiness is our Holy Father's principle glory. See what we find in that
      Song of Moses that shall ring in the heavens throughout all eternity.
      EXO 15:9-11 says, "The enemy said, I will pursue, I will overtake, I
      will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw
      my sword, my hand shall destroy them. Thou didst blow with thy wind, the
      sea covered them: they sank as lead in the mighty waters. Who is like
      unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in
      holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?"

      See what a calling this gives us unto holiness as we see in 1PE 1:13-16,
      "Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end
      for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus
      Christ; As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the
      former lusts in your ignorance: But as he which hath called you is holy,
      so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be
      ye holy; for I am holy." No trifling of sin will ever enter heaven. The
      word conversation means your whole manner of life. The work of grace is
      to make us holy, fit in character, to inherit with the saints in light.

      To worship the Holy Father in Spirit and in truth is to praise Him for
      His holiness and adore Him for His mercy in giving His only begotten Son
      to redeem us from all iniquity. PSA 99:2-5 says, "The LORD is great in
      Zion; and he is high above all the people. Let them praise thy great and
      terrible name; for it is holy. The king's strength also loveth judgment;
      thou dost establish equity, thou executest judgment and righteousness in
      Jacob. Exalt ye the LORD our God, and worship at his footstool; for he
      is holy." His holiness commands our praise and awe.

      See how we should prize holiness. It is the ultimate of Christ's mission
      for His Bride, that we might be holy as He is holy. We are predestined
      to be conformed to His image. EPH 5:25-27 says, "Husbands, love your
      wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
      That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the
      word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having
      spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and
      without blemish." Christ gave Himself for His Bride that He might
      sanctify her. He came to wash us, to cleanse us and to purify us so we
      could dwell with Him in glory.
    • Shirley Chacko
      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 27, 2006
        God the Lord is King; before Him
        Earth with all Thy nations, wait!
        Where the cherubim adore Him,
        Sitteth He in royal state;
        He is holy; He is holy;
        Blessed, only Potentate!

        God the Lord is King of glory,
        Zion, tell the world His fame;
        Ancient Israel, the story
        Of His faithfulness proclaim;
        He is holy; He is holy;
        Holy is his awful Name.

        Laws divine to them were spoken
        From the pillar of the cloud;
        Sacred precepts, quickly broken!
        Fiercely then His vengeance flowed;
        He is holy; He is holy;
        To the dust their hearts were bowed.

        But their Father God forgave them
        When they sought His face once more;
        Ever ready to save them,
        Tenderly did He restore;
        He is holy; He is holy;
        We too will His grace implore.
      • Omanakutty Eapen
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 27, 2006
          The grass withers, the flower fades; but the word of our God will
          stand for ever. Isaiah 40:8
        • Manish Wilson
          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 27, 2006
            The truth is what it is.
            It's neither good nor bad.
            It's simple reality.

            Tailor your concepts to fit reality,
            instead of trying to stuff reality into your concepts.
            No matter what you believe,
            it won't change the facts.

            If we all worked on the assumption
            that what is accepted as true is really true,
            there would be little hope of advancement in the world.

            If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it's still a foolish thing.
            Successful people are realistic
            and aren't trapped by false appearances.

            Stay realistic on the road to success.
          • bindusirs
            Message 5 of 29 , Apr 5 6:16 AM
              Dear Members,
              The resurrection of Jesus Christ is proof of His divine identity, His victory over death, and is our hope of our own resurrection and eternal life.

              As Paul says in 1 Corinthians 15:17, if Jesus was not raised from the dead, the Christian faith is futile. We are all still lost in our sin.
              That means that we have no hope of eternal life. This is all there is and there is no reason for hope.Paul writes that it is of first importance that Christ died for our sins, that He was buried and that He was raised on the third day. He appeared to Peter and then to the twelve apostles and later to more than five hundred at the same time. Then He appeared to James and to all the apostles. 1 Corinthians 15:3-9
              He ends his list of appearances with “and last of all, He appeared to me…” This was the radical conversion of a former persecutor and murderer of Christians to the great evangelist and warrior of the faith. Acts 26

              The resurrection of Jesus Christ is central to the Christian faith and dear to our hearts. There is no doubt in my mind that Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected three days later, defeating death and assuring us of eternal life.

              HAPPY PASCHA and EASTER GREETINGS

              Yrs
              Bindu Scaria, IRS
              Group Moderator: MOSC Group
            • Philip Oommen
              Message 6 of 29 , Apr 6 7:43 PM
                Dear Bretmus
                Thanks for your comments. I am glad I win many Christians and Non Christians for God showing God's word
                Sincerely
                Philip