They are traitors

  • John Abraham
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 25, 2006
      Dear Ones,
      "Betrayest thou the Son of Man with a kiss?"-Luke 22:48

      The kisses of an enemy are deceitful." Let me be on my guard when the world puts on a loving face, for it will, if possible, betray me as it did my Master, with a kiss. Whenever a man is about to stab religion, he usually professes very great reverence for it. Let me beware of the sleek-faced hypocrisy which is armour-bearer to heresy and infidelity. Knowing the deceivableness of unrighteousness, let me be wise as a serpent to detect and avoid the designs of the enemy.

      But what if I should be guilty of the same accursed sin as Judas, that son of perdition? I have been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus; I am a member of His Holy Church; I share the communion : all these are so many kisses of my lips. AM I sincere in them? If not, I am a base traitor. Do I live in the world as carelessly as others do, and yet make a profession of being a follower of Jesus? Then I must expose religion to ridicule, and lead men to speak evil of the holy name by which I am called. Surely if I act thus inconsistently I am a Judas, and it were better for me that I had never been born. Dare I hope that I am clear in this matter? Then, O Lord, keep me so. O Lord, make me sincere and true. Preserve me from every false way. Never let me betray my Saviour. I do love Thee, Jesus, and though I often grieve Thee, yet I would desire to abide faithful even unto death. O God, forbid that I should be a high-soaring professor, and then fall at last into the la!
      ke of fire, because I betrayed my Master with a kiss.
    • Dr. George Jacob, PhD
      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 26, 2006
        Beloved ones,
        "And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I
        come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou
        hast given me, that they may be one, as we are" (JOH 17:11).

        Those who find the light to be their condemnation because their deeds
        are evil (JOH 3:19-20), cannot find communion with a Holy Father. 1JO
        1:5-7 says, "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and
        declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
        If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we
        lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the
        light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus
        Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." We cannot claim the atonement
        of Christ and walk in sin. We cannot have discord with brethren and
        claim to walk in the light and that we have fellowship with God.

        Any who have never seen that they are sinners who need cleansing in the
        Fountain Opened for All Sin and Uncleanness are still walking in
        darkness. 1JO 1:8-9 says, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive
        ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is
        faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all
        unrighteousness."

        Even the Prophet Isaiah was overcome with the hateful nature of his sin
        and the sins of the nation when he received a revelation of the Holiness
        of God. ISA 6:5 says, "Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because
        I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of
        unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts."

        Certainly we who have a fallen nature filled with imperfections will be
        filled with holy awe when we receive a true sense of the holiness of our
        God. See how the apostles reacted at the mere performance of a miracle
        of the Lord Jesus. LUK 5:8-10 says, "When Simon Peter saw it, he fell
        down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O
        Lord. For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the draught
        of the fishes which they had taken: And so was also James, and John, the
        sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto
        Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men."

        Our Holy Father, who Himself is infinitely holy, infinitely hates sin!
        Wicked men who have no thought of the infinite holiness of God become
        fearful in the presence of holy men who reflect the image of their God.
        MAR 6:18-20 says, "John had said unto Herod, It is not lawful for thee
        to have thy brother's wife. Therefore Herodias had a quarrel against
        him, and would have killed him; but she could not: For Herod feared
        John, knowing that he was a just man and an holy, and observed him; and
        when he heard him, he did many things, and heard him gladly."

        Our Holy Father's hatred for sin out of holiness and its just reward
        cries out unto us from the cross of His only begotten Son. MAT 27:46
        says, "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying,
        Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast
        thou forsaken me?" The Father forsook Jesus while He suffered such
        agony, bearing our sins on the cross, because you and I deserve to be
        forsaken eternally. The human mind cannot comprehend the hatred God has
        for sin, that He would endure such a cry from His own Son.

        Even though the love our Holy Father had for us was so strong that He
        could restrain the love He had for His own Son as He cried from
        Calvary's cross, yet He would rather give His only begotten Son than
        sacrifice His holiness. Holiness is His nature. He is holiness itself.
        He could not bring those He loved back into union and communion with Him
        without being cleansed from sin. HAB 1:12-13 says, "Art thou not from
        everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O LORD,
        thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast
        established them for correction. Thou art of purer eyes than to behold
        evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them
        that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked
        devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?" The Lord looks on us
        in Christ and restrains His wrath on us because He has restrained His
        wrath on His own Son. This does not give us license to sin. It should
        make sin so hateful.

        As we learn to rightly prize Our Holy Father's love in giving His only
        begotten Son to appease His holy wrath upon our sin, we can learn what
        the Apostle Paul said in ROM 1:16-18, "For I am not ashamed of the
        gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one
        that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is
        the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written,
        The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from
        heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the
        truth in unrighteousness."

        Holiness is our Holy Father's principle glory. See what we find in that
        Song of Moses that shall ring in the heavens throughout all eternity.
        EXO 15:9-11 says, "The enemy said, I will pursue, I will overtake, I
        will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw
        my sword, my hand shall destroy them. Thou didst blow with thy wind, the
        sea covered them: they sank as lead in the mighty waters. Who is like
        unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in
        holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?"

        See what a calling this gives us unto holiness as we see in 1PE 1:13-16,
        "Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end
        for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus
        Christ; As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the
        former lusts in your ignorance: But as he which hath called you is holy,
        so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be
        ye holy; for I am holy." No trifling of sin will ever enter heaven. The
        word conversation means your whole manner of life. The work of grace is
        to make us holy, fit in character, to inherit with the saints in light.

        To worship the Holy Father in Spirit and in truth is to praise Him for
        His holiness and adore Him for His mercy in giving His only begotten Son
        to redeem us from all iniquity. PSA 99:2-5 says, "The LORD is great in
        Zion; and he is high above all the people. Let them praise thy great and
        terrible name; for it is holy. The king's strength also loveth judgment;
        thou dost establish equity, thou executest judgment and righteousness in
        Jacob. Exalt ye the LORD our God, and worship at his footstool; for he
        is holy." His holiness commands our praise and awe.

        See how we should prize holiness. It is the ultimate of Christ's mission
        for His Bride, that we might be holy as He is holy. We are predestined
        to be conformed to His image. EPH 5:25-27 says, "Husbands, love your
        wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
        That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the
        word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having
        spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and
        without blemish." Christ gave Himself for His Bride that He might
        sanctify her. He came to wash us, to cleanse us and to purify us so we
        could dwell with Him in glory.
      • Shirley Chacko
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 27, 2006
          God the Lord is King; before Him
          Earth with all Thy nations, wait!
          Where the cherubim adore Him,
          Sitteth He in royal state;
          He is holy; He is holy;
          Blessed, only Potentate!

          God the Lord is King of glory,
          Zion, tell the world His fame;
          Ancient Israel, the story
          Of His faithfulness proclaim;
          He is holy; He is holy;
          Holy is his awful Name.

          Laws divine to them were spoken
          From the pillar of the cloud;
          Sacred precepts, quickly broken!
          Fiercely then His vengeance flowed;
          He is holy; He is holy;
          To the dust their hearts were bowed.

          But their Father God forgave them
          When they sought His face once more;
          Ever ready to save them,
          Tenderly did He restore;
          He is holy; He is holy;
          We too will His grace implore.
        • Omanakutty Eapen
          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 27, 2006
            The grass withers, the flower fades; but the word of our God will
            stand for ever. Isaiah 40:8
          • Manish Wilson
            Message 5 of 29 , Mar 27, 2006
              The truth is what it is.
              It's neither good nor bad.
              It's simple reality.

              Tailor your concepts to fit reality,
              instead of trying to stuff reality into your concepts.
              No matter what you believe,
              it won't change the facts.

              If we all worked on the assumption
              that what is accepted as true is really true,
              there would be little hope of advancement in the world.

              If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it's still a foolish thing.
              Successful people are realistic
              and aren't trapped by false appearances.

              Stay realistic on the road to success.
            • bindusirs
              Message 6 of 29 , Apr 5, 2006
                Dear Members,
                The resurrection of Jesus Christ is proof of His divine identity, His victory over death, and is our hope of our own resurrection and eternal life.

                As Paul says in 1 Corinthians 15:17, if Jesus was not raised from the dead, the Christian faith is futile. We are all still lost in our sin.
                That means that we have no hope of eternal life. This is all there is and there is no reason for hope.Paul writes that it is of first importance that Christ died for our sins, that He was buried and that He was raised on the third day. He appeared to Peter and then to the twelve apostles and later to more than five hundred at the same time. Then He appeared to James and to all the apostles. 1 Corinthians 15:3-9
                He ends his list of appearances with “and last of all, He appeared to me…” This was the radical conversion of a former persecutor and murderer of Christians to the great evangelist and warrior of the faith. Acts 26

                The resurrection of Jesus Christ is central to the Christian faith and dear to our hearts. There is no doubt in my mind that Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected three days later, defeating death and assuring us of eternal life.

                HAPPY PASCHA and EASTER GREETINGS

                Yrs
                Bindu Scaria, IRS
                Group Moderator: MOSC Group
              • Philip Oommen
                Message 7 of 29 , Apr 6, 2006
                  Dear Bretmus
                  Thanks for your comments. I am glad I win many Christians and Non Christians for God showing God's word
                  Sincerely
                  Philip