You must not slip

  • Dr.Siby Chacko
    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 21, 2006
      Dear MOSC members,
      Then shalt thou walk in thy way of safety, and thy foot shall not stumble. (Proverbs 3:23)

      That is to say, if we follow the ways of wisdom and holiness we shall be preserved in them. He who travels by daylight along the highway is under some protection. There is a way for every man, namely, his own proper calling in life, and if we devoutly walk therein in the fear of God He will preserve us from evil. We may not travel luxuriously, but we shall walk safely. We may not be able to run like young men, but we shall be able to walk like good men.

      Our greatest danger lies in ourselves: our feeble foot is so sadly apt to stumble. Let us ask for more moral strength that our tendency to slip may be overcome. Some stumble because they do not see the stone in the way: divine grace enables us to perceive sin and so to avoid it. Let us plead this promise and trust in Him who upholds His chosen.

      Alas! Our worst peril is our own carelessness, but against this the Lord Jesus has put us on our guard, saying, "Watch and pray."

      Oh, for grace to walk this day without a single stumble! It is not enough that we do not actually fall; our cry should be that we may not make the smallest slip with out feet but may at the last adore Him "who is able to keep us from stumbling." ~Siby
    • bindusirs
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 8, 2006
        Dear Members,
        The rights invested in a Episcopa, includes both administrative ( Kalpanas) as well as spiritual dutys ( KALKAZHUGAL, Chief celebrant status) etc..

        To my knowledge "KALKAZHUGAL" is done in all over Kerala, wherever we have a bishop officiating the HASHA- week. The same applies elsewhere, and since we have some good publicity depts in the west, this service gets highlighted, but at home we dont publicise much.

        Yrs
        Bindu Scaria, IRS
        Group Moderator: MOSC Group