Kids mail: Elisha man of God II

  • Jemy Eapen
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 28, 2006
      Dear Elders and kids of MOSC,

      "Go and wash in the Jordan River seven times," Elisha's servant
      told Naaman, "and your skin will be cleaned, and you will be
      healed of your leprosy."

      Everything was going so well for Naaman, the commander of the
      Syrian army, until the day that he discovered he was a leper and
      was going to DIE!

      The young girl who waited on Naaman's wife had told her about the
      Prophet Elisha, and Naaman had come ALL the way from Damascas to
      be healed from his leprosy. But now Elisha would not even come out
      of his house.

      "Look! Did you hear THAT?" Naaman asked his servants. "I thought
      surely the least he would do would be to come out and talk
      face-to-face with me! I figured he would call on the name of the
      Lord his God, strike his hand over the leprosy on my body, and CURE
      me!

      "Aren't the rivers back in Damascus better than all these muddy
      rivers here in Israel? If it's rivers I need, why can't I just go
      home, wash in our OWN rivers, and be clean?"

      The Bible says, "He turned and went away in a RAGE."

      Well Naaman's servants weren't going to just let him turn around
      and go back home after coming all THIS distance! They gathered
      around him and respectfully pleaded with him: "If the prophet had
      told you to do some great thing, wouldn't you have done it? How
      much more then should you listen to his words and simply go wash
      and be cured?"

      So Naaman went down to the muddy Jordan River and began to dip
      himself into the water, as the prophet had told him to do.

      ONE...TWO...THREE...

      Nothing was happening.

      "Don't stop now!" his servants called to him.

      ...FOUR...FIVE...SIX...

      "Still no change," he called to them on the shore.

      "The prophet said SEVEN times," they answered back.

      Muttering to himself, "See! This is NOT going to work. Not even one
      spot of leprosy has BEGUN to leave," Naaman dipped himself into the
      muddy Jordan River one last time.

      ...SEVEN!

      As he came up for a breath of air, his skin changed right before
      his eyes, into skin that looked like it belonged to a healthy
      little child, and he was -

      HEALED!

      How exciting! He was instantly cured from the leprosy that had
      plagued him. He wouldn't die, after all!

      Naaman couldn't wait to show the Prophet Elisha, so he and all who
      were traveling with him returned to the prophet's house.

      This time, Naaman met Elisha face-to-face. "Look at me!" he told
      the prophet. "At last, I now KNOW that the God of Israel is the...

      ...ONLY God in ALL the earth!

      "Now please accept these gifts from me," he told the Prophet
      Elisha.

      But Elisha replied, "As the Lord liveth, before whom I stand, I
      will receive none of them."

      Naaman urged him again to take them, but he flatly refused.

      "Well," Naaman said, "all right. From now on I will never again
      offer any burnt offerings or sacrifices to any other gods except
      the Lord."

      "Go in peace," Elisha said. So Naaman climbed up in his chariot and
      began the journey home.

      Gehazi, Elisha's servant, watched the departing chariot and said to
      himself, "My master shouldn't have let this fellow get away without
      taking the presents he brought." He decided right then and there to
      run after him and get something from him since he offered it
      anyway.

      So Gehazi caught up with him. When Naaman saw him running
      after him, he climbed out of his chariot to meet him.

      "Is everything all okay?" he asked.

      "Yes. Everything's fine," he said. "My master has sent me to tell
      you that two young prophets just arrived at our house. He wants to
      know if you could please give them some silver and two changes of
      clothing."

      "Here. Take this silver and a little more," Naaman insisted. He
      reached into the chariot for two bags, put the money in them, and
      tied them up. Then he took two expensive robes out of the chariot,
      and had two of his own servants carry all the gifts back to the
      house for Gehazi because it was too much for him to carry by
      himself.

      When Gehazi came to the hill, he took the things from the servants
      and put them away in the house. Then he let the men go, and they
      left.

      Afterwards, he went in and stood before his master. Elisha asked,
      "Where have you been, Gehazi?"

      "I haven't been ANYWHERE," he answered.

      But Elisha knew better. "Don't you realize that I was there in
      spirit when Naaman stepped down from his chariot to meet you? Is
      this the time to take money, or to accept clothes, and olive farms
      and vineyards, and sheep and oxen, and servants? Because you have
      done this, Naaman's leprosy will cling to you and your children,
      and your children's children FOREVER."

      And Gehazi walked out of that room, his skin white as snow with
      leprosy.

      ************
      THINK!
      How did Naaman expect Elisha to heal him?
      Do you think Naaman would have been healed if he had ducked seven
      times in the river back home in Damascus instead?
      What did Gehazi do when he heard Elisha refuse Naaman's gifts?
      What happened to Gehazi?

      REMEMBER
      Sin is much worse than leprosy and only the Blood of Jesus can wash
      us clean from our sin.

      A VERSE TO LEARN
      "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old
      things are passed away: behold all things are become new"
      (2 Corinthians 5:17).

      LET'S PRAY
      Dear God, thank you for making me clean from the
      ugly spots of sin. Remind me to tell others about
      your wonderful power. In Jesus' name. Amen.

      CAN YOU FIND THIS STORY IN THE BIBLE?
      (2 Kings 5:11-27)
    • ronniedaniel1953
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 1, 2006
        Hello Bobby,

        Yes, I agree with you. Mr. George has twisted the truth.
        Saying 9 orthodox in place of 3 orthodox was wrong.
        People gets some times excited when saying their version of the
        story.

        Rgds
        Ronnie

        --- In
        MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "bkarukayil"
        <bkarukayil@...> wrote:

        > Dear Ronnie:
        >
        > I did not have any secret agenda by posting the message. Just
        couldnt
        > stay away from exposing the truth. Look at the way the guy who
        reported
        > the message signed off:

        > source:Mathrubhumi dated 25th feb 06
        > George T.
        > kuwait

        > And, I only provided the link for the same source (Matrhubhumi
        daily
        > dated 25th feb 06) that he was referring to. Any one could see
        how the
        > truth was twisted in George's message and how it differed from the
        news
        > that was reported in the actual source. As I agree with you that
        the
        > news expressed both versions of the story. But, it never said
        that 9
        > Orthodox members were hospitalized from attack by the Jacobites,
        instead
        > it was 3 from the Orthodox faction, and 6 from the Jacobite
        faction. I
        > do not think that any logical person who values truth could agree
        with
        > George's version of story and I do not wish to have further debate
        on
        > this issue, coz Truth is TRUTH.
        >
        > slomo
        >
        > Bobby

      • george_cthomas
        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 2, 2006
          dear all,
          actually it was 3Orthodox christians and not 9 who were hospitilised
          iam sorry for the error.
          We can only pray for our Orthodox brothers who are being tortured
          in Ernakulam dist. by the hands of Jacboites since (udf)govt is not
          ready to implement either High court or Suprmeme court verdicts
          George T.
          Kuwait
          --- In
          MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "ronniedaniel1953"
          <ronniedaniel@...> wrote:

          > Hello Bobby,
          >
          > Yes, I agree with you. Mr. George has twisted the truth.
          > Saying 9 orthodox in place of 3 orthodox was wrong.
          > People gets some times excited when saying their version of the
          > story.
          >
          > Rgds
          > Ronnie
          >
          > --- In
          > MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "bkarukayil"
          > <bkarukayil@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear Ronnie:
          > >
          > > I did not have any secret agenda by posting the message. Just
          > couldnt
          > > stay away from exposing the truth. Look at the way the guy who
          > reported
          > > the message signed off:

          > > source:Mathrubhumi dated 25th feb 06
          > > George T.
          > > kuwait

          > > And, I only provided the link for the same source (Matrhubhumi
          > daily
          > > dated 25th feb 06) that he was referring to. Any one could see
          > how the
          > > truth was twisted in George's message and how it differed from
          the
          > news
          > > that was reported in the actual source. As I agree with you
          that
          > the
          > > news expressed both versions of the story. But, it never said
          > that 9
          > > Orthodox members were hospitalized from attack by the Jacobites,
          > instead
          > > it was 3 from the Orthodox faction, and 6 from the Jacobite
          > faction. I
          > > do not think that any logical person who values truth could
          agree
          > with
          > > George's version of story and I do not wish to have further
          debate
          > on
          > > this issue, coz Truth is TRUTH.
          > >
          > > slomo
          > >
          > > Bobby

        • manojcgeorge
          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 2, 2006
            Dear Mr. Thomas,

            And please do also pray for the poor jacobites who are being deprived
            of their right to worship in the churches built by their forefathers,
            for the jacobites who are denied the rights to bury their dead and the
            jacobites who are attacked and beaten up.

            And please do explain what did you mean when you wrote the government
            is not implementing the verdict. Do you want the verdict to e
            implemented flly or only the parts that suit you because that is what
            has been happening all these years.

            There was a suggestion to remove the word syrian from the orthodox
            church. Please do put forward this suggestion to your legal cell. They
            will be more concerned about this than we jacobites.

            Best Regards
            Manoj George
          • ronniedaniel1953
            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 2, 2006
              Dear George

              Take it easy my friend..
              What you said is one way right...
              All are Orthodox..
              As someone else said in another forum, there is only one church as
              Orthodox and Jacobite factions were united in 1958.
              What we see today is not Jacobite faction; but " HH Zakka Faction "
              or " HB ThomasI faction ".
              So, I think you are right when you say 9 Orhtodox were hospitalised.

              Ronnie

              --- In
              MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "george_cthomas"
              <george_cthomas@...> wrote:

              > dear all,
              > actually it was 3Orthodox christians and not 9 who were
              hospitilised
              > iam sorry for the error.
              > We can only pray for our Orthodox brothers who are being tortured
              > in Ernakulam dist. by the hands of Jacboites since (udf)govt is not
              > ready to implement either High court or Suprmeme court verdicts
              > George T.
              > Kuwait
              > --- In

              MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "ronniedaniel1953"
              > <ronniedaniel@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello Bobby,
              > >
              > > Yes, I agree with you. Mr. George has twisted the truth.
              > > Saying 9 orthodox in place of 3 orthodox was wrong.
              > > People gets some times excited when saying their version of the
              > > story.
              > >
              > > Rgds
              > > Ronnie
              > >
              > > --- In
              > > MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "bkarukayil"
              > > <bkarukayil@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Dear Ronnie:
              > > >
              > > > I did not have any secret agenda by posting the message. Just
              > > couldnt
              > > > stay away from exposing the truth. Look at the way the guy who
              > > reported
              > > > the message signed off:

              > > > source:Mathrubhumi dated 25th feb 06
              > > > George T.
              > > > kuwait

              > > > And, I only provided the link for the same source (Matrhubhumi
              > > daily
              > > > dated 25th feb 06) that he was referring to. Any one could see
              > > how the
              > > > truth was twisted in George's message and how it differed from
              > the
              > > news
              > > > that was reported in the actual source. As I agree with you
              > that
              > > the
              > > > news expressed both versions of the story. But, it never said
              > > that 9
              > > > Orthodox members were hospitalized from attack by the
              Jacobites,
              > > instead
              > > > it was 3 from the Orthodox faction, and 6 from the Jacobite
              > > faction. I
              > > > do not think that any logical person who values truth could
              > agree
              > > with
              > > > George's version of story and I do not wish to have further
              > debate
              > > on
              > > > this issue, coz Truth is TRUTH.
              > > >
              > > > slomo
              > > >
              > > > Bobby

            • alice john
              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 3, 2006
                Dear Believers,

                Should We Fast?

                Should we fast? The outright answer is ‘yes’. Why?

                It is the gravitational law that says that “every action has an equal and opposite reaction” that happened by Eve eating the fruit and the earth feeling the wound, ascertaining the law of giving a part of this life on earth to the devil who hijacked mankind from the vicinity of God. “So I find it to be a law that when I do not want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inmost self, but I see in my members another law at war with the law of mind and making me captive to the law of sin which dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am……” Rom.7: 21-25. This law of darkness snatches away the good seeds that are sown in our heart, Mt.13: 19, enveloping this darkness all over the members of our body. Jesus says, “The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is sound, your whole body will be full of light; but if your eye is not sound, your whole body is full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!....You
                cannot serve God and Mammon”, Mt.6: 22-24. This body darkness is the breeding ground of all our failures and diseases. The eye is the eye of the heart, the inner eye that is the nucleus of God’s image and likeness that is bestowed upon us as a token of God’s mercy and kindness to His pinnacle creation. The stain that is accrued in our soul and body can be rooted out by penitential tears that consume or washes away our inner guilt and also body toxicity by fasting from food. Fasting from food only can result in anorexia, whereas praying by fasting at the same time can multiply the positive results in exponential progressions. Fasting that cleanses the body by consumption of body acids and toxin precipitate the soul to travel in different dimensions of other celestial planes. The simultaneous fasting and prayer only can purify the body that launch the soul to fly in transcendental heights. Erasing the darkness from our body system is the only way to find peace and harmony in the
                earthly plane of treachery and betrayal. As there is toxin production by sexual feats, one is certainly to be freed from the conjugal union during fasting period. The vacuum that causes religious fasting of any type is filled by the unseen food from the storehouse of the Spirit of God. To drive away Satan from our presence is to go close to God by denouncing all the infernal darts of the devil, Js.4: 7-10. “Resist the devil….cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you men of double minds”.

                Every soul is similar to a rose flower that looks enticing and saturates the vicinity with fragrance which invites flies and men. The plant that is planted in mud and crushed by the prickles and thorns from the same and other shrubs and plants is able to produce attractive and fragrance-producing surroundings, which is a thing of beauty and joy for ever. Our flesh is the mud that nurtures the soul by our own chaste faith and deeds and Divine Grace, just as a rose plant sucks its nutrients and water from the filth of the soil but is grown profusely by sunlight and air. Since vindictiveness, intrigues and shifty behaviours of all types create chemical pollutions in the body, we can’t afford to have such extravaganzas at any time at all.

                Passions of Christ

                As Christ is our role model and His ambassadors are the authorized agents on earth, fasting and praying that identify us with their passions ignite our soul to be with their sufferings which can cleanse and modify our lives for better. Fasting twice a week for realizing the sufferings of the birth and death of Jesus recall us His wailings and His mother’s agony in bringing up Jesus and witnessing the unnatural death of her son. It will be quite beneficial for our regeneration of our soul and body by being in union with their passions. Heaven also rejoices by our sincere attempt in emulating Jesus and his mother and apostles. Fasting, praying and taking part in the liturgical observances, coupled with righteous deeds, that the church stipulate during the relevant seasons are our gold coins that can make our entry into the land of the Living . This is how the Bride is made herself ready at the Groom’s coming. The Bride is made ready for the marriage supper with the Lamb by ‘ granting
                her to be clothed with fine linen, bright and pure- for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints’, Rev.19: 7-9.

                Fine Linen

                This fine linen of the saint is the garment of in corruption that gets while one is in his mortal frame. It is the gift of the H.Spirit for one’s good woks, words and deeds that includes the sacramental observances because it is a sacrifice for one to go by fasting and praying and singing and worshipping the Lord in His Temple and elsewhere. This sort of continuous and painful way of purification makes tremendous changes in our body and inner man, burning the inner eyes glow for the making of the white garb by the light luminous substance of ether. This adorns the halo and aura of the inner man. One has to earn one’s white linen while he is on this earth by our continual penitence and charity work.

                “It is a question very relevant for our time today”, dear friend. Whatever are our adverse circumstances or tides against the time, it is our prime duty to try sincerely at least, for salvation doesn’t come from our merits but by His Grace.

                E.S.John, Australia

                E.S.John@..., Australia@... wrote: Dear All,
                While today’s dieticians, nutritionists and medical science that steadfastly stand against fasting, they themselves advocate for restraining from certain foods which is harmful for triggering our body health adversely. We follow their medical advice like gospel truth, whereas the religious abstinence prescribed by spiritual warriors and ethicists is treated as monumental ignorance. Such biomedical experts vehemently oppose the concept of not breaking the ‘breakfast’ in the morning, believing that it allegedly pervert the metabolic functions of the body. I have seen that even the wives of clergy reprimanding their husbands to break the myth of fasting the breakfast meal because of inviting ill health for no reason. The interference of medical ethics in life dynamited the bastions of religious prescriptions and age-old conventional natural treatments that are based on the science of the spirit of man and Nature. The replacement of the esoteric with exoteric hallucinations that brought
                spiritual anorexia is a thing to be lamented upon. However, none can fight against the tsunamis of sacrilegious spirits that are allowed to be predated upon the age of falsehood.
                Fasting, the nutrient fuel that runs every church and every religion has been the life of the soul since the beginning of creation, even God seems to have taken an allegorical fast or rest after creating the world and all its creations. The never- sleeping God apparently took a nap for our sake, so that every sleep, the time we do neither toil nor eat nor drink, nor feels the presence in this planet, looks like a fasting from the labours of the day. This is the reason why we call our morning food as ‘ the break fast’ that means breaking the fast’. We have to have a fasting from everything that we do, fasting from sleep also is needed for our prayers. Despite we go to bed with numberless woes, we get relieved from them after the sleep. Sleep, therefore, is the best fasting that permits the soul to be in union with the Creator who nourishes us with unseen foods, Jn.4: 32. A similar effect is also felt during our abstinence from food. Fasting from food, just like from sleep, has been
                the food of the great warriors who broke the bastions of this world that is baffled by the assumed owner, Satan, of this planet, Mt.4: 8-9.

                In spite of a strict commandment was not given for fasting, it has in all ages, and among all nations, been much in use in times of mournings, afflictions and sorrow. It looks like inspired by Nature to supplement the needed energy to surpass the crises, or in other words, fasting is an essential ingredient imbedded in our system. Despite there are no clear-cut examples of fasting before Moses, yet it is presumable that our Patriarchs fasted at the time of necessities. Mournings by Abraham for Sarah, gen.23: 2, and Jacob for his son Joseph, Gen.37: 34, implied that they also abstained from food. Moses didn’t strictly enjoin any fasting, except that upon the Day of Atonement, Lev.23: 27-29. Joshua and the elders of Israel remained prostrate before the ark from morning until evening, without eating or drinking, Josh.7: 6; Judge. 20: 26. The Israelites assembled and fasted at Mizpeh and fasted till evening for defeating the Philistines, 1.Sam.7: 6. David fasted for his sick child, 2.
                Sam.12: 16. There have been so many instances where the leaders proclaimed fasting when they were facing utter dangers. Ezra proclaimed a fast, 8: 21; and Ninevites, Jonah. 3: 5, too, so also Joel, 1: 14, Esther, Nehemiah, Daniel, 6: 18, and so on. Zech.8: 10.

                The long fasting by Jesus, Moses and Elijah are exceptional ones, for 40 days, Exo.34: 28; 1.Kin.19: 8; Mt.4, reminiscent of the 40- day transit by the soul after death through ‘Oyar’. Moses seemed to have either taken to heaven before death or by assumption because the burial place of Moses is a mystery, casting doubt about his demise because both of those apparently immortal people appeared again on the transfiguration day on Mount Tabor, Mt.17. Jesus inferred that His followers also would continue the fasting tradition, Lk.5: 33-35, with enough sincerity, Mt.6: 16: Mk.9: 29. Fasting that the Lord set an example was followed by His believers, Acts.10: 30; 14: 23; 27: 33; 1.Cor.7: 5; 2. Cor: 6: 5. The church also has been adhering to this vital principle of fasting ever since from its cradle as John the Baptist, harbinger of Christ, and Jesus Himself started their mission of vanquishing Satan by fasting and praying continually, even the former lived on uncooked food.

                Science Behind Fasting
                As everything that is constrained within a universal formula, God also works within the periphery of the same principle, which governs our life, and the working of these planetary systems. Loving our enemy doesn’t allow the secretions and acids adversely affect the body that secrete them involuntarily in so many detrimental ways, hence the teaching of ‘ love your enemy’, not hating, is the lifeblood of Christian ethics. Similarly, fasting also falls within the perimeter of science that is shrouded with a religious scent. ‘A sound mind in a sound body’ is a derivative of Christian perception that was taught with a Christian conviction by St.Paul and all other religious stalwarts, 1.Cor.3: 16-17; 6: 18-20. The melting away of body toxin during fasting is a scientific truth that is conjoined with the bioethics of all religions. Adam’s violation of the first commandment defiled the body that God created, eventuating in depositing the ingredients of the infernal menu in him. If the first
                commandment that infringed upon the principle of fasting in its implicit dimension, the inevitable necessity of fasting became imperative in excreting the poison that was a part of the forbidden fruit. If the body and thought /mind is not pure, the super- terrestrial travel to be in communion with the Infinite becomes an impossibility. One can liberate the soul that is entangled in the lustful body system only by purifying it by contrition and tears of fasting of the body that contain the impurities of the whole ecosystem. Fasting is a spiritual exercise that put to death of all the earthliness, so that one must be free from one’s sins that are committed in word, thought or deed.
                Poison

                There are more ways of cleansing the body, either by pumping out the poison by shedding the penitential tears or by consuming the body toxin by abstaining from food. When the food that is needed for the body is not supplied, the poison that is deposited in the system becomes the food for consumption. The lethargic body also can be activated by the exercises of mind and body. A religious life that aspires for the salvation of the soul requires both mental and physical exercises, not by sports and athletics only, focusing on the Creator who gives us life for every moment. Food is only a secondary menu for the body, whereas the comforting Spirit of God sustains the whole seen and unseen body. Man is able to live by water and air alone for days or couple of months. The body becomes immobile and lifeless by the absence of the H.Spirit. The yogic therapy prescribes only fruits and nuts for the healthy sustenance of the body, not any cooked food because it contains acids and other unwanted
                essences. “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God”, Mt.4: 4. This is the theory behind Jesus’ teaching, “ Gluttony is a sin…”. Alcoholics, this is an excuse for you to hide your face because nothing is stated here directly about the alcoholic drinks. This could be the reason for ‘ The Nazrani’s to get indulged in alcoholic beverages even while they do observe the Lenten fasting. Know that food includes drinks of any kind. “ Do not labour for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures for eternal life, which the son of man will give you”, Jn.6: 27… It is the Spirit that gives life, the flesh is no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life, 6: 63.

                If the word of God is the real food, He said and gave it during the Last supper, “ Take, eat; this is my body….” Drink of it, all of you; for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.” Mt.26: 26-29. “ This is my body which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me”, Lk.22.19. If one has to continue this remembrance till His coming, only His ambassadors who are assigned to provide His mystical body can only do it. Only the stainless Body of the mystical Christ can recycle the irreparable and irreversible damage done by the fruit of disobedience. This mystical body is given only to the pure and undefiled worshippers. Hence the purity of thought, mind and body are the indispensable inevitabilities to receive the Body of Christ. For this purpose, penance, penitence and contrition that inevitably shed tears as a sign of washing the perishable system, is automatic and spontaneous. Fasting and prayers that only can drive out the demons
                from our daily life is the second system of breathing that is imbedded in our mortal body for the purgation of the soul.

                Fasting Calendar
                Despite the Episcopal churches have a year round calendar for fasting, the other denominations have their own modus operandi in this affairs. Apart from the main fasting days that concentrate upon the passions of Christ, there are other fasting periods focusing on the pillars of church, for example, for venerating St.Mary, st. Peter, st. Paul and so on. The commercialized pattern of the high-flying technology and the inter-rivalry sophistications among the churches have forced the heads of the churches to dilute the observances that have destroys the spirit behind these fasting regularities. We have so many excuses in liberalizing them and destroying the essence of the age-old rituals and celebrations. The ideal fasting that was done by Jesus, Elijah and Moses to confront Satan and get victory has proved to be impossible in this sub-cultural age. It is a fact that the high-tech life that drives everybody from the family to the lap of social and club life, for example even for
                children spending their life among the TV and toy worlds in the baby sitting places and elsewhere, it is hardly possible for anyone to fast like Jesus, Elijah or by our bygone generations.

                Nominal fasting
                As fasting has become like the Pharisee’s yeast or only for namesake, spiritual life has dwindled down to zero, propelling people to become the prey of social vices that drive them to be in a lunatic world of George Orwell’s ‘ Animal Farm’. Abstaining from some food and switching on to some other richer food is not fasting that can liberate our minds to be transported to be in union with celestial heights. Not only fasting days but also every day of the year are allotted for prayers and penance that intoxicate us with the wine of pure worship and charitable works, eliminating our crude and naked ego and selfishness. Such fasting by shedding tears can only evaporate the toxicity that is accumulated in our body. Some churches used to observe Wednesdays, being the birth of Christ, and Fridays, the crucifixion of the Saviour, but the birthday is deleted to tally us with the extreme denominations that find solace on Friday on account of their salvation that they already received by the
                death of Christ. It has become a grieving reality that there is only death, no birth, for Jesus, whereas it is diametrically opposite to the saved ones. The Friday prayer group that fast till noon has become a mere cult that roots out the vitality of simple and natural spirituality which gives us abundance of life in our private and inner life. Singing some convention songs, reading few chapters from the Bible and somebody makes idiosyncratic speeches are not the norms of a real pious life. Despite they sing and make vibrant speeches, the feud and infightings that is escalated by petrol money cannot give a new fuel for making a different dimension of their spirituality. Fund- raising and food providing and many other outside agenda that bring in acrimony between individuals and groups that delete the spiritual equanimity from the vicinity of worshipping places and individual lives.

                However, the present day fasting that is diluted to the maximum is only a gesture of participating with the passions of Christ that gave us a new path to emulate. As we do a pseudo fasting, it doesn’t cleanse us free from our inner guilt that escalate the chronic diseases day after day. Make it a point that we don’t fast for reducing the toxic level which is for reducing the fat and poison of the body but only taking part in the passions of Christ; the automatic reduction of toxicity is a process that is inherent within it. It is also a true fact that those who do staunch fasting become bodily sick, as they don’t get enough calories in their daily food, yet a rich soul can inhabit in a sick body. The real fasting is killing the passions that boil our blood, and doing charity work with the money that saves by the abstention of our food and other extra possessions. “ Is not the fast that I choose: to lose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the thongs of the yoke, and to break every yoke?
                Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh”?, Is.58.3-7. We cherish a spiritual life that looks after our own self interests, similar to one that the Pharisees who didn’t enter, as a sign of dissociating with the gentiles on the Passover festival days, the courtyard of Pilate, a gentile of Roman origin, but to betray the innocent blood that was shed at the Calvary was an imperative for seemingly saving their own positions and an expression of fanatic self-righteousness. Our charismatic and celebration Christianity is a synonym of our self-conceit and self-complacency that go in tune with the hypocrisy of Christ’s crucifiers. Our show case spirituality that has only a lamp trying to be lit without the oil of faith and righteousness, will certainly betray us at the Lord’s second coming.

                Prophet Jonah and the Ninevites’ Fasting
                Jonah tried to escape from God’s mission of preaching to the sin- sedated Ninevites, and sailed to a different direction, yet a slow- to- anger God didn’t forsake him. Despite he was thrown into the whale-infested ocean, God protected him within the belly of the animal that should have digested him. Realizing his sin of omission, he went to Nineveh and preached during the forty day fast that was declared by the king of the land. A seemingly vindictive type of OT prophet didn’t like the conversion of the whole inhabitants who he thought would be punished in accordance with ‘ an eye for an eye’ concept, instead of forgiving them all. “ But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was angry”, Jonah.4: 1-2. We are also sailing in the same boat of Jonah who did the task of God unwillingly, but became revengeful by seeing an opposite result of what he expected. We profess as the chivalrous workers of God due to the blessings that we get from God, but when God helps our brethren, too, we
                become angry like Cain who killed his brother, as He was pleased at Abel’s sacrifice.

                There is a vital element that also is ingrained in us, that it was Jonah who took pains in preaching for their conversion, after going through a period of sufferings. Firstly, he became a scorn to the whole people who were in the ship, secondly, his dreadful and agonizing life in the belly of the whale that vomited him on the dry land. Thirdly, he walked for four days to reach Nineveh with the fear of him being killed if the King didn’t receive him. Going through such awful sea of sufferings, Jonah became annoyed for God’s forgiveness that didn’t tally with the Mosaic commandments. Forgiving without any punishments that don’t agree with God’s justice system was an apparently alien element of the pre-Christ era. Though we may find fault with Jonah, point the finger at ourselves and see where we do stand in the mercy era. In spite of our preaching to forgive and reconcile, we still cultivate vengeance against our own people who are our guardians and close friends. Self-justification
                that blinds our inner eyes tries to find fault with others and make wrong judgements that is not compatible with the Christian morals. We enjoy in the downfall of others, even if they are our well -wishers and protectors.
                We may be, therefore, tempted to conclude that the success in life depends on the quality of our minds, whether we belong to any super religion or not.

                We are all modern Jonahs who preach the Christian love and faith, yet cherish a religion of paganism. We enjoy in the sufferings of others, not the enjoyments that elevate them to be in par with our life style. Forgetfulness of the wrongdoings of others or erasing the vindictive mentality is a blessing that only comes from a God who forgave the sins of the Ninevites. O what a big zero I am; I preach what I can’t practice! Rom.7: 14-25. This could be the reason for the three-day fasting before for preparing us to the Lenten fasting of fifty days that the Lord gave Himself to Satan to be tempted in the wilderness for forty days. “ And Jesus, full of the H.Spirit, returned from the Jordan, and was led by the Spirit for 40 days in the wilderness, tempted by the devil”, Lk.4: 1-2. Just as Jesus was handed over to be tempted by the devil after His baptism, every baptized one is prone to be a toy of the demon. The three- day fasting that purify us our ego and self-righteousness should make
                us ready to confront the dart of the infernal one during our great lent that is supposed to have equipped us to be in unison with the passions of Christ who conquered the Hades by His own self-sacrifice which is the great sign of the victory of resurrection.
                Prayer and fasting only can drive away the devil and all his cunning malevolence. The food that escalates the lust of the body has been an irritant to our spiritual downfall from the days of Eden defeat. Fasting, coupled with continual take in of spiritual food, is the only panacea that enhances the spiritual journey of man through this earthly wilderness of Satan’s abode. Fasting from all vices and leading a penitential life of Christian virtues are the milestones of upward journey that decides the magnitude of our fruitful destiny. “ But take heed to yourselves lest your heart be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a snare…, Lk.21: 34.

                -----------------
                The only forum for all Christians to express their views freely.
              • george_cthomas
                Message 7 of 22 , Mar 4, 2006
                  dear Mr.Manoj

                  Russian orthodox church was formely under Greek Patriarchate and the
                  present name of Russian Church is Russian Orthodox church and not
                  Russian Orthodox Greek Church.
                  Indian Orthodox church's syrian connection started only after the
                  arrival of Mar Gregorios of Jerusalem.
                  The congress politicians and Catholic church want Malakara Orthodox
                  church to be divided inorder to reduce its importance
                  According to Indian Constitution any citizen is free to practice or
                  leave any religion but nobody is allowed to capture other's
                  church's or properties.
                  You jacboites should leave all the properties and churches of
                  Malankara orthodox church and build new churches for your new
                  religion Jacobite Syrian(or Statusquo) Church
                  90percent of kashmiris want to leave Indian Union but Kashmir will
                  remain an integral part of India.
                  90percent of Kosovo is muslim but Kosovo is the cradle of Serbian
                  civlization and contains numerous Orthodox Churches and monastries.
                  If Jacobites cannnot accept the Indian Catholicos and constitution
                  (church's and Nation's) they should goback to syria instead of
                  playing dirty politics with the help of Mr.Oomen Chandy and
                  karunakaran.
                  Universal Syriac Orthodox church is a misnomer,syrian patriarchate
                  has it georgraphical boundaries

                  George T.
                  Kuwait

                  --- In
                  MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "manojcgeorge"
                  <manojcgeorge@...> wrote:

                  > Dear Mr. Thomas,
                  >
                  > And please do also pray for the poor jacobites who are being
                  deprived
                  > of their right to worship in the churches built by their
                  forefathers,
                  > for the jacobites who are denied the rights to bury their dead and
                  the
                  > jacobites who are attacked and beaten up.
                  >
                  > And please do explain what did you mean when you wrote the
                  government
                  > is not implementing the verdict. Do you want the verdict to e
                  > implemented flly or only the parts that suit you because that is
                  what
                  > has been happening all these years.
                  >
                  > There was a suggestion to remove the word syrian from the orthodox
                  > church. Please do put forward this suggestion to your legal cell.
                  They
                  > will be more concerned about this than we jacobites.
                  >
                  > Best Regards
                  > Manoj George

                • manojcgeorge
                  Message 8 of 22 , Mar 5, 2006
                    Dear Mr. George,

                    First and foremost, the Syrian Patriarchate has no geographical
                    boundries as we believe the church to be catholic in nature.
                    Everyday at least two times we affirm this while reciting the nicene
                    creed. Or else we may have to amend the nicene creed. Given the
                    track record of IOC such an amendment wont come as a surprise.

                    There is a difference between the relationship between the Russian
                    and Greek orthodox churches and the Syrain and Malankara Orthodox
                    churches. The whole world considers the Russian Orthodox church as
                    an autocephalous church while it is only the IOC which claims the
                    malankara church to be autocephalous. Even the supreme court order
                    which is so dear to you ruled that the Malankara church is a part of
                    the Syrian Orthodox church with the Patriarch as its supreme head
                    and not autocephalous as you may love to claim. At the same time the
                    Malankara church is autonomous and the temporal administration of
                    the church rests with the Malankara metropoiltan. We have no dispute
                    regarding this. We are only asking you to accept the fact that
                    spiritually the Patriarch is the head of the church. If your leaders
                    are saying otherwise they are lying.

                    You say the syrian connection started only after the arrival of Mor
                    Gregorios. I say the syrian connection is as old as the fourth
                    century at least. If you are ready for an constructive discussion I
                    am ready to continue this discussion.

                    You say all Jacobites should leave the malankara church properties.
                    We say all IOC should leave the malankara church properties. There
                    is not even a single Indian Orthodox church in dispute. It is only
                    the Syrian Orthodox churches in dispute. So please do vacate these
                    Syrian orthodox churches and let the rightful owners claim the
                    possession of these.

                    Best Regards
                    Manoj George

                    ---------------------<<Moderators Note>>--------------------------

                    To this day the 1st Thubdane readings mention HH Mar Ignatius Patrirach of Antioch and only then Catholicose Baselious of Malankara and Patriarch Gregorios of Jerusalem are mentioned in order. MOSC does respect HH Mar Ignatius and considers him the spiritual elder of HH the Catholicose HH Mar Baselios. The newly formed MJSC church however is heading on collision course with IOC.

                    ---------------------<<Moderators Note>>--------------------------
                  • george_cthomas
                    Message 9 of 22 , Mar 5, 2006
                      Dear Mr.Manoj for your information ,jsc was formed by capturing 428
                      parish churches of Malankara Orthodox Church by Fr.C.M.Thomas and
                      with the help of k.karunakaran statusquo was granted.jacobite syrian
                      church exists on statusquo granted by a crook politician.
                      a new theology(petrine primacy) which is nonexistent in Orthodoxy
                      was also created by Fr.C.M Thomas with the help of Catholic church
                      to retain the churches he captured.
                      As per the recent high court verdict regarding kanyattunirappu
                      church only those who allegience to 1934 are eligible to vote.If
                      supreme court also issues a similar verdict,then what will be the
                      fate of Jacobite Syrian(or Statusquo)Church.

                      <manojcgeorge@...> wrote:

                      > Dear Mr. George,
                      >
                      > First and foremost, the Syrian Patriarchate has no geographical
                      > boundries as we believe the church to be catholic in nature.
                      > Everyday at least two times we affirm this while reciting the
                      nicene
                      > creed. Or else we may have to amend the nicene creed. Given the
                      > track record of IOC such an amendment wont come as a surprise.
                      >
                      > There is a difference between the relationship between the Russian
                      > and Greek orthodox churches and the Syrain and Malankara Orthodox
                      > churches. The whole world considers the Russian Orthodox church as
                      > an autocephalous church while it is only the IOC which claims the
                      > malankara church to be autocephalous. Even the supreme court order
                      > which is so dear to you ruled that the Malankara church is a part
                      of
                      > the Syrian Orthodox church with the Patriarch as its supreme head
                      > and not autocephalous as you may love to claim. At the same time
                      the
                      > Malankara church is autonomous and the temporal administration of
                      > the church rests with the Malankara metropoiltan. We have no
                      dispute
                      > regarding this. We are only asking you to accept the fact that
                      > spiritually the Patriarch is the head of the church. If your
                      leaders
                      > are saying otherwise they are lying.
                      >
                      > You say the syrian connection started only after the arrival of
                      Mor
                      > Gregorios. I say the syrian connection is as old as the fourth
                      > century at least. If you are ready for an constructive discussion
                      > am ready to continue this discussion.
                      >
                      > You say all Jacobites should leave the malankara church
                      properties.
                      > We say all IOC should leave the malankara church properties. There
                      > is not even a single Indian Orthodox church in dispute. It is only
                      > the Syrian Orthodox churches in dispute. So please do vacate these
                      > Syrian orthodox churches and let the rightful owners claim the
                      > possession of these.
                      >
                      > Best Regards
                      > Manoj George
                      >
                      > ---------------------<<Moderators Note>>--------------------------
                      >
                      > To this day the 1st Thubdane readings mention HH Mar Ignatius
                      Patrirach of Antioch and only then Catholicose Baselious of
                      Malankara and Patriarch Gregorios of Jerusalem are mentioned in
                      order. MOSC does respect HH Mar Ignatius and considers him the
                      spiritual elder of HH the Catholicose HH Mar Baselios. The newly
                      formed MJSC church however is heading on collision course with IOC.

                      > ---------------------<<Moderators Note>>--------------------------

                    • alice john
                      Message 10 of 22 , Mar 7, 2006
                        Impact Of Fasting

                        The necessity of Fasting

                        In this high-tech age when the Orthodox faith that has been boiling the Orthodox mysticism is extinct and endangered, it is the prime duty of the clergy to nurture and cultivate the core elements of the age-old faith, as the laity is divided on account of ‘diamond cuts down diamond itself’ reality. If regaining the lost Paradise is our aim, we have to fast from both food and sexing because the result of the violation of breaking the fast of forbidden fruit was the birth of nakedness, Gen.3: 7: 2: 25. What is lost for man in sexual union is regained in his progeny, whereas the accumulation of toxicity of food that caused by chemical actions of the digestive system and the venoms that result out of vituperative life style, such as slander, back biting, intrigues of many types, vendetta and the like make the body inhospitable for the dwelling of the soul and the Spirit of God. One, therefore, should be free from all the food that stimulate sexual impulses, nuptial pleasures and any
                        sort of wicked character that defile our body by sinning against God and man during the fasting season in particular. Abstaining from stimulant food is the least important out of these 3 necessities that are outlined above. Refrain from sexing that secrete acidities and wastes is very important as this is a prelude to live eternally in a land of sexlessness that exists beyond the grave. Vana Prestham, the last stage of our life as prescribed by the Hindu yogis, is replete with wisdom and truth. The propagation of human race on earth has only a secondary role, whereas serving God in perpetuity is the basic and primary role. While a married person cannot live as a monk, at least he has to avoid conjugal pleasures that deposit wastes in his system during the Lenten periods. All the wastes that are deposited by our animal life style are to be consumed as food during the time of fasting. Despite the digestive, respiratory and other autonomous systems have their own way of excreting the
                        impurities, the eating away of body waste that cleanses the body during the fasting period is immensely potential than any other methods. The prayerful life during the fasting period that recreates man as a living dynamo by the unseen Spirit of God is beyond the comprehension of human language.
                        Effect of fasting
                        Despite Jesus, Moses and Elijah fasted for 40 days, prophet Daniel and his companions, Esther, Nehemiah, Ninhevites fasted by taking only minimal food. One Marthommite who laughed at fasting by abstaining from some food items, in his opinion that reflects the hypocrisy of the Pharisees, should follow the fasting of Daniel who did only eat minimal items of vegetable food and taught the lion, the king of animals and his predator as to how to fast. Everybody cannot do everything; Elijah fasted for 40 days without eating and walked alive to heaven, while Daniel could prophesy the rudiments of the 4 kingdoms and related events that led to the future coming of the Son of man for gathering the faithful in the mid air. The fire that weave the white linen, white garment of incorruption, inside man by the promptings of the H.Spirit is powerful than the multitude of earthly fire. This is the celestial fire that played as shields around Daniel and his friends and st.Paul when they were thrown
                        into the burning and blazing fire ovens. This fire helped Moses to shine like sun after his 40 days’ fasting. Eliah who also fasted for 40 days brought down this fire to destroy the false gods and their worshippers. While the spiritual fire that burns in us consumes the body wastes and inner stains, the chemical fire that emanates by our multiplicities and duplicities of character decay and stifle our body from proper function that cast dark shadows with in our body and soul. This darkness, the cradle of all vices, spins our body to ruin and degradation and converting the body as the basin of multiples of disabilities.
                        This is the fire that the yogis of the Himalayas and its foothills imbibed by their detachments and denunciations of the lust of their bodies and the world, contributing the 2 epics of old, despite we have only a total of 5 of its kinds in the world. These epics that finger point Jesus in implicit way, like the prophesies of Daniel and st.John’s Revelations, the birth of Prajapathy, Mahabeli and Janardhanan and many other mysteries of their kinds, are the ground work of mystics who devoted their whole life in penitential meditations and ruminations. The ‘ cithalputtu’, termite soil or termitarium that makes by some ants on some trees, that clothed Valmeki while in his meditation is nothing but the weightlessness of the body that he felt by the liberation of his spirit, paramalmavu, into the celestial world. We know that chithalputtu that has no weight crumbles into soil dusts while we pat on it. He became a ‘yogi’ by witnessing a savage hunter, Satan, shooting down one of the
                        birds of a pair, the Bride of the Bridegroom- the church and Jesus- at the culmination of the time. While Sadhu Sunder Singh, known as Asiatic Christ, was travelling in the Himalayas, he saw a motionless hermit in a cave meditating. He later confessed to him that he was an Egyptian Christian who was meditating there for the previous 500 years. He showed him a manuscript of the book of prophet Isaiah. They discussed so many mystical things while they had transcendental, cosmic travels that ended all of a sudden by the landing of the ‘sadhu’ alone in a valley of the Himalayan ranges. The Christian era witnessed so many such monastic fathers who walked away from the carnal world that live in treacheries of all types of this 3-dimensional world that they converted it to be the launching pad towards the celestial multi-dimensional planes. This type of communing with the white brotherhood of the ethereal world is called meditation and fasting that uplifts us from this sordid plane to the
                        metaphysical zones of the spiritual worlds. All the apostles and Christian warriors participated in such supernatural planes as their solitude, while they were brutally persecuted and caricatured by the mundane animal instincts of this world.
                        How To Fast
                        Do fasting that forces us to come out of our earthly mould and commune with the Infinity that only can give an escape from our carnal instincts and emotional gullibility. “ Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise in the heights..”, Ps.148. Praising the Lord alone is not enough for the lower earthlings, while the yogis and monks worship God in their solitude by detaching away from the madding crowd of technological slums that traverse in all the realms of our social and club life. As we come under such earthlings of multiple personalities, we have a duty to care and nurse our brethren who are storm tossed by the modern terrorisms of carnivorous and omnivorous origins. Charity work and clean and clear worship of the Lord is the only remedy left for those who are living in two worlds, one is dead and the other is powerless to be born. Read Isaiah 58 that ask us to share the yoke of the sufferings of the exploited multitude. This is the other side of fasting that rejuvenates the whole
                        being.

                        E.S.John, Australia

                        alice john <john_aliceau@...> wrote: Dear Believers,

                        Message 11 of 22 , Mar 14, 2006
                          Pros And Cons Of Fasting
                          In this age when everything is contained in pills, spirituality also is put in par with the symptoms of modernity. Don’t treat the Lord’s Prayer as a spiritual pill only; that which is given there is to be followed meticulously at every moment of life in details. For more details about prayers and the Lord’s Prayer, visit the following site. No one is a born saint and no one can become a saint unless one undergoes through the fire of the sufferings that is lit by Satan in multiple ways. As piety is the inseparable combination of both spirituality and morality mingled together, avoiding certain food for some seasons and continuing the stereotyped life style is only a pedestrian type of religiosity. Fasting or abstaining from various essentials of life that makes room for prayer is the mode of life that God has built in while He formed us. As the food, forbidden fruit, that sustains life on earth is only one of the priorities, God used it as the primary element of testing man in His
                          war against His archenemy. If nakedness was the impending result of the first test, together with it came the 7 major vices that are the products of the affinity and attraction between the sexes, giving in to the war or affinity between the sexes. The congenital problems that directly confer with sexual maladies are the root causes for the upheavals of the modern world that produces morose morons and moral imbeciles due to the naked reality of sexual vices. God destroyed such a promiscuous world, Gen.6: 1-8, by a great flood during Noah’s time; the present world that is a copycat of Noah’s time it will be destroyed by a conflagrating global fire because of genital profligacy, irreligiousness and Epicureanism. Unless we fast from voluptuousness, gluttony and drinking that kindles all other vices, our fight in life to regain the once lost Paradise becomes impossible. While Jesus was discussing on divorce and marriage, He explained the background of 3 types of eunuch-hood and asked
                          them to choose, “He who is able to receive this, let him receive it, Mt.19.10-12. God has given a number of probabilities for man to take his own destiny in his hand, the church also, therefore, has to follow this method of inculcating all the pros and corns before a member playing with one’s own life. One can lead the horse to the stream, but he cannot make it drink. Thus it is the sole responsibly of the church to impart with the knowledge of fasting and all other sacraments that help one to climb the ladders of spiritual progress.

                          When I write religious or moral topics, I expose only what the church teaches; I don’t write as a man who already has become a paragon of Christian virtues. As every one is a bundle of flesh and blood, each one is prone to err. I brood over these things and put in black and white for the sake of the budding generations that are the products of technological addicts who are alien to the bygone Orthodox mysticism. There are great and small in Heaven, depending on one’s teachings that go with practicing, Mt.5: 19; Lk.7: 28. Fasting is the only medicine that can cleanse our body and soul together, if supplemented by tearful prayers and the effect of which is triggered by righteous life of almsgiving and Good Samaritan works. Abstaining from some food for the sake of a Pharisee image is harmful to our spiritual progress, rather we lose the moral vindication that only reflect our transparent hypocrisy, the best recipe for the gnashing of teeth in the abysmal darkness. What goes into the
                          stomach is not more important than that comes out of one’s tongue or other members of the body. The Heart is holier than the tongue, the propeller of our body, whereas the former is the compendium of all our body and soul put together. Hypocrisy is the one that roots out all our qualities of character. “Do not fear those kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell”, Mt.10: 28. The church doesn’t demand fasting from the members who are mentally or physically unfit. There are so many exceptions and exemptions for those who find it difficult to do fasting during their seasons. The duty of the church is to teach the doctrines very zealously and stringently for those who can follow them. Usually,” those who can do a thing will not; those will, cannot”. The consequences of a self-righteous, hypocritical fasting are worse than that of no fasting, mt.24: 51. Read also the article’ Self-righteousness’ in the site for 03/06
                          http://www.lightoflife.com

                          Message 12 of 22 , Mar 15, 2006
                            Fasting And Sex Restraints
                            The eye is the messenger that conveys the message. One priest told me that a section of the clergy is in favour of advocating sexing prior to taking part in religious worship, including Sunday’s worship, on the condition that a shower or bath is taken after that. That even in logical and pragmatic sense, fasting is like a car that needs servicing that includes, changing parts, oil, grease, and the like and immobility while doing the servicing. Man doesn’t live by bread or sex alone; he also needs relaxation, sleep that forces him to abstain from food, medical treatment, etc. The herbal or Ayurvedic treatment has also the imperatives of abstaining from food, sexing, or hard labour, so also the relaxation and pure worship are the inevitabilities for the treatment of the soul. Any medical treatment prohibits certain food and other harmful daily routines. The rejection of all food is not a strict imperative for fasting, but the rich food that stimulates sex is to be abstained,
                            sending the naked message that both healthy food and sex are forbidden fruits while fasting, on account of the following reasons. The return journey to Adam’s Paradise or the Tree of Life is through the gateway of the abstention of sex that is the outcome of eating the forbidden fruit. Hence both the causes, food and nakedness, that made the effect of losing Paradise should be avoided during the fasting season. The science behind the elimination of chemical garbage that is deposited in our body and soul, rubbish tip, by the fruit and the resultant effect will have to be consumed as food while fasting. Sex that consumes our mental and physical prowess, despite the sensual pleasure is only a commission given to the proprietors, is meant only for the reproduction of the race, not for time pass or hobby riding. The sexual excesses lead to mental sterility and physical lethargy. Any more sexing more than twice a month is a luxury that is forbidden by the Indian mystics because the
                            harmonious working system of the body cannot afford more than that owing to the fact that it can nullify our inner development and physical well being. Such sexual vandalism that makes us as preys of disabilities and sicknesses is harmful in the long run. The medical and religious pundits who have studied these things in details by experience and theory have prescribed this panacea as the right formula. Fasting and praying that rejuvenate our inner energy is a good catalytic agent for the sustenance of our life in green pastures. Sex, therefore, is allowed only in marital life with stringent constraints has been the preaching of every community since the beginning of time, but was torpedoed lately by vote-catching secularists of the Apocalypse.
                            In essence, marriage is not good for man in his endeavour of pursuing the hidden tree of Life. “It is well for a man not to touch a woman…it is well for a person to remain as he is….he who refrains from marriage will do better. 1.Cor.7. Hence the lust of the eye that breeds further sinning, st.Paul’s prescription holds valid scientifically and spiritually. “…And there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven”, Mt.19: 12. Hence the lust of the eye that is the gateway of sexual profligacy is not to be allowed not only during the fasting periods but also although out one’s life. Food therefore is not the only ban that is imposed during the lent. Every member of our body should fast, so also our thoughts that transport us to the nomadic lands of infernal profligacy. The Sex organ that lies at the outer periphery of our inner man should be put to sleep, while we are travelling towards the arena of the Tree that gives us Eternity. As sexuality
                            is imprinted in every cell of the body, the sex impulse is a deterrent in launching our inner man that is wriggled within the cells of our body. Fasting is the rehearsal of our body to be tuned in rhythm with the celestial planes that is our abode which is devoid of sex magnetism. Behold womenfolk, womanhood is constrained only within the terrestrial plane, hence there is no room for female clergy here or hereafter.
                            Celibacy
                            Comparing to the number of saints among clergy, count and see that there are only a handful of saints from the laity; it again dwindles down to the finger counting when we take the number of saints among the married laity. While the virgins of the whole past generations can be limited in thousands, the ordinary chosen ones are a vast number beyond the oceans. Rev.14. Nearly almost all our saints are from the unmarried clergy or yogis, flashing a vital truth that sex restraint is the cradle that weaves the saintliness of a person. The inner castration of sex and its related paraphernalia is the edifice upon the spiritual sensibility and its eventual progress built. Celibacy or sensual eunuch-hood, coupled with tearful prayers, that mainly weaves the crown of life is a mystical fire that is given to everyone. Despite we have millions of unmarried people for each generation, the real celibates are limited in finger count. The power and magnitude and dimensions of celibates’ mental
                            planes are only found in our imaginations. God was moving in the midst of Adam and Eve before they were preyed by nakedness. This is the reason for st.Paul to put to death what is earthly in his body by remaining as a celibate, the potential state of being in communion with God. We read in the book ‘The soul after Death’ that Jesus dictated the celestial truth to St.Paul who after few centuries whispered the Heavenly wisdom to the golden-tongued Mar Ivanios (?). Such celibates who are the darlings of the celestials are the lodestars who inspire in guiding our destiny. The Protestants and the ignorant ones of our folks, pray to those spiritual warriors who have spun their crown by the imbibing of the H.Spirit.
                            Fasting is the weapon that God has ordained for fighting against the dark legions that sow the seeds of darkness in our mortal frame. This infernal gloom that vanquishes our body can be cleansed only by fasting and prayer that eventually vaporises our darkness, the image of the inferno.
                            There are also exceptions that run side by aide. If pure virginity and prayerful fasting life can do eventual progress in our spirituality, repenting prayer and fasting by the sinners also come to fruition of high spiritual elation in exceptional cases; st.Augustine and Mary Magdalene are the monumental examples of this category.

                            Orthodox church Published Christianity

                            ---------------------------------

                          • alice john
                            Message 13 of 22 , Mar 24, 2006
                              Meaning of Lent

                              If you have read all my 7 previous postings on the subject of fasting that came since the beginning of this lent in this site, I believe that you would have erased most of your apprehensions. Nature’s common phenomena of mutations, transmutations, hibernation, shedding of peripheral growths and seasonal falling off of leaves are all healthy signs of their growth that continue keeping the virginity of the species, so also the biological man, a product of Nature that condition him with the symptoms of growing up and ageing, is subjected to keep his body in good condition and health that decides the launching of the jet plane, soul, to its zenith. The body chemistry of man that dumps so much of chemical garbage in the system which is rectified by conditioning and recycling of the 3 or 4 litres of blood for the whole life cycle that he receives at his birth. If the drainage system is not cleaned once in a while, the whole detrimental wastes that clog the system will break down the whole
                              body. The autonomous system of the body excretes the waste, so also the digestive and reproductory system that invites rest and servicing also will have to be garaged during certain seasons for the improvement of the quality work. Monthly time clock, pre-natal and post- natal periods are all meant by Nature for our cleansing and resting also. Our bygone generations who worked in the field used to have a hibernating season of herbal treatment once in a while. There is so much to write here that the site finds it difficult to post. Hence I stop the vast subject here. However, fasting in the similar fashion is for purifying our body that also helps the soul to be purified for its unfathomable work. While at fasting, the body consumes the toxin as food, the inner man burns out all the accumulated sins by repentance that helps the soul in continuing communion with its Creator.

                              The fruit of the forbidden fruit is nakedness. Just as Jesus on His ascension skipped the 20 aerial toll-houses of the Devil, Ps.24, Man also will have to over jump the gall fruit and its fruit, nakedness, on his mission of dehydrating Satan, while he is reconquering the lost territory, Paradise, by fasting, de-sexing and praying.

                              Just as we have ‘introduction, main body and conclusion’ for an essay, Genesis 1st chapter, the introduction of the narration of the creation, 2nd chapter the main body where the topic is detailed meticulously and the 3rd chapter about the fall that evicted them into the domain of curse. An omniscient God who created the first parents meticulously designed them with urinary organs, to be also used as an alternate way of genital organs in case the fruit would be tasted, but not with sexuality, the fuse of which would be turned on from the electricity that run the forbidden fruit. There was nudity of urinary organs before the fall, but no nakedness or sexuality, just as there is no sensuality or femininity in Heaven.

                              A merciful God validated the sexuality that our first parents bought with a high price, and blessed it, also as leverage for God to come down and redeem the fallen race. Despite I said that sex was for the propagation of the species, God also made sexuality as a link to chain and cement the couple together till their death, as long as they maintain their body healthy and sound. Fasting is a servicing that keep the body chaste and clean from our everyday vices and misdoings. Even after the stopping of the monthly period, God allows long safe sex period, without conception, for them to enjoy their relationship at the evening of their life for all the pains they have carried on their shoulder for giving birth and raising up children for the service of God. The church also gives this concession of nearly 2 months without any fasting for the troubles they have taken for 50 Lenten days. There is nothing else other than an ideal family life in the worldly sense that can enjoy this life
                              because a celibate’s or spinster’s life is clouded with so many uncertainties, emotions and worries. Just as the Body of Christ is the food of the soul, the body of the spouse and its service is the food of the other spouse. One marriage proposer invited the couple for reception after their wedding. The hostess’s advice to them was that first there might be having some sort of sourness in the relationship, but in the long run, it is sweet like that of the gooseberry fruit, nellikka, that starts with bitter taste but sweet thereafter till the end... Although man defied his creator, God didn’t shun him because he happened to be meat in between the sandwich, in the duel fight between God and Satan. As procreation/reproduction is a service for God, no pre-marital or extra-marital sexual profligacy that defiles the temple of God is an abomination to God. The sexual restraint during fasting period that elates the soul in its upward travel for the cleansing of the soul and body should be
                              done by the explicit consent of the spouse. No conjugal enjoyment should defile the marriage bed.

                              This is a disservice that tries to shut the door to other religions and philosophy. A loving God revealed His redemptive schemes to all of His children in the pre-Christian era, as mainly in the form of parables for Jews, as mythologies for the gentiles, especially Greek and Indian mythologies that finger point indirectly in certain occasions Jesus as the real Saviour. As the mysteries in the bible are hard nuts to crack, we have thousands of cults and denominations that live in the darkness of divine eclipse. The blind trust, with out practicing, that the Jews put in God alienated them from the real Light that came to save them, so also is the case of Christian fanaticism that divorces them from Christ. If we had a real glimpse of Indian mysticism that was revealed to the yogis of the past, the fire of the Spirit of God would have prompted us to evangelize and conquer the Hindu heartland long before, whereas we are consumed by eating one another within ourself with denominational
                              hatred and infighting. If we could teach the mysteries of Hinduism that waits for the incarnation of Prajapathy, Mahabali and Janardhanan, the whole of the orient would have been in the hand of the real God. We are the ones that shut Christ away from others. Once when we are deep rooted in real Orthodox mysticism, go out and plunder the wealth of other religions; but don’t go with only a handful of biblical verses that will betray us into other religions and cults. ‘Kamasuthra that I haven’t read should be read by married people if it is purely based on body science, not on amorousness.

                              As the devil has no flesh, it can’t have sexual feats. Because the devil is the author of all vices and immoralities, he takes the form of beautiful individuals and lures us to sexual ecstasies. St.Ignatius of Antioch was tested by a beautiful woman of Devil’s brand, but as the fire from the saint consumed the woman, he is known as ‘theekkadutha Mar Ignatios’. If you read my other postings in connection with this topic, You will realize that I haven’t meant that sexual restraint makes a person saintly. My statement only emphasises that sex restraint makes a sound personality that either can make him as a son of God or the son of the Devil. Sexuality is the most dominant stimulant factor in executing the complementing functions of the family, and sex restraint at every stage of life is imperative for a long healthy life, including safe sexing life. The fasting period is a self disciplined time for sex abstinence that gives more vitality and eagerness for a prolonged life. A sex maniac
                              can’t cultivate finer aspects of life that is needed for nurturing the values which upholds the personality and sharpening the moral equilibrium. Anything excess is bad, particularly sex indulges.

                              E.S.John, Australia

                              alice john <john_aliceau@...> wrote: Fasting And Sex Restraints