Re: Attention those who disciuss about women priesthood...

  • Biju Skaria
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 31, 2005
      Hi Danny,
      The myths of female disqualifications for priesthood were demolished by MOSC. What have you to say about that? Shall I sit at your feet now and un-learn what I just learnt? I remember one member of your organisation by name Shebaly. This priest claims that whatever he speaks is orthodoxy. I remember Shebaly making an allegation that someone falsely posted a message on his behalf.The Group Elder himself refuted that allegation.(#245). When a priest can lie in public what can we expect from his organisation.

      The eminent members of this Group are not fake Ph.ds as you trying to
      say. Neither have they lost common-sense.Even the Phd of your
      thotapuram achen may be from some protestant seminary.
      I have one final advice to you Danny boy, either say something
      sensible which we can all follow or keep silent.

      Yrs on His service
      Biju Skaria
    • ronniedaniel1953
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 1, 2006
        Well, Mathew you have sufficient knowledge to raise issues which are
        factional in nature. ROCK issue is one of them.
        You have one name Mathew G.M. I am sure your parents call you by
        another loving name... not Mathew.
        Same is the case with Rock, Grass and Wood.

        Now about building the church on Rock, I can talk pages and pages
        about it. However, I agree that Simon Peter was the leader of the
        Apostles as the Holy spirit first revealed to him the truth about
        who Jesus was. But, that doesn't mean that he is the only Rock on
        which the church is built. He is one of the Rock or Pillars of
        Church. It is built on another 11 Rocks as well. In the new
        testament we see that St. Paul was a much larger Rock than St. Peter.

        Or let us agree that there is only one Rock. How come there are
        dozens of different churches built on the same rock ?? Especially
        when we say in the Nicean creed that there is only ONE church which
        is Catholic and Apostolic.
        We will disucss in detail at another time.

        Rgds
        Ronnie

        --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "dhinuus"
        <dhinuus@y...> wrote:

        > Did apostles change name? NO. Peter was just Peter until death on
        earth.

        > Dear Sir,
        >
        > My knowledge of the Bible is not extensive. I have only read it
        cover
        > to cover two times. So I will be first one to confess my
        ignorance.
        > But here is my understanding...
        >
        > Peter's original name was Simon. Peter or Khepha (in Syriac) means
        > ROCK. He is not know by his origina name Simon but by the name
        Peter
        > or Khepha after our Lord told him that he will build his church on
        > that Rock.
        >

        > Is this not right ?
        >
        > In Christ,
        > Mathew G M

      • Philip Oommen
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 1, 2006
          Dear Moderator/Mathew G M
          Jesus called the name Peter for Simon, when he was called for ministry.One can easily remember it. Any Child can remember. Your child will say names of 12 disciples in one minute. But can he say the names of our 25 bishops without reference.No way!.Why this complication in names?
          Why should our priest's name change when he becomes bishop? If priest's name is Thomas, call him Bishop Thomas.Make everything simple to say and understand. I am sure Thomas Sleeha did not change his name in India. We say we are St.Thomas Christians. Why does a Kerala village boy has to change names 4 times (at the time of baptism, ordination as priest,ordination as Ramban,Ordination as Bishop) by the time he becomes a bishop. Does God command clergy to take such hard to remeber names. Church leaders command poor laymen to remember their names in all their prayers.

          Sincerely
          Philip

          -----------------
          The only forum for all Christians to express their views freely.
        • Kiran George
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 2, 2006
            Hi Philip,

            Even if it is hard to remember ,ppl do remember these
            names.
            Isn't that wonderful.
          • dhinuus
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 3, 2006
              Dear Ronnie,
              Please don't read between my lines. Mr Philip asked if the apostles
              ever changed their names and I just gave an example which I knew,
              where Simon changed his name to Peter or Kepha.

              I was not talking about any Thrones or Crowns be it in Antioch or in
              Devalokam.

              Please forgive me if I have offended anyone or brought up anything
              controversial. Atleast that was not my intention.

              In Christ,
              Mathew G M