Re: Book of Revelations - Orthodox Interpretation inquiry

  • groupelder
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2005
      Dear Manoj,
      The books included in the Bible are for reading and it is for those who have the Holy Spirit in them -they may interpret.
      Most of the non-orthodox commentaries on this book are nothing but half facts and illusions, which the author feels. Some are so silly that you can laugh them away. Now if you wish to take any of these commentaries seriously, it�s again that someone has managed to get you into his line of thinking.

      My understanding is that this book is very complex and cannot be
      interpreted by a lay -man. Only one who is virtuous and living in
      fellowship with God can understand this book. Unfortunately we live
      in a generation where they charge you money even to preach the word
      of God. It is true in seminary they teach them not to deliberate about these books as it has been noticed that heresies usually originate from such flawed inferences.

      Origen and Augustine both are very controversial figures in orthodox
      history. They have their own share of good and maladies. The church
      didn�t stop reading these books because of what they said. In fact if
      you read the book, it pronounces a blessing on all who read and
      listen. It�s the only book, which says so openly.

      I have read the book many times. I am utterly fascinated, excited
      and overjoyed and have many good things to say about it. Here is the summary.

      "Our God is in full control over all his creation and our lives. Our
      destiny is safe in His hands. The earth and her joys/sorrows are
      temporary. All this will fade. Only those who abide in the Son of God
      have life. All others will perish. Jesus Christ is the eternal judge.
      He is our father and deliverer. What love God has for Jesus, the same Jesus has for all mankind. As Jesus abides in the bosom of God one day all of us will be united in Him and we will live for-ever. "

      In her intercession who is called Mother of God, Mary! May we find
      favor with your son and your God; our God, Jesus the Christ -to him
      we belong and to him we will return; one-day..Amen

      Group Elder
      Owner: MOSC forum
    • Biju Skaria
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2005
        Ok Bindu and thnx Manish. Can M-Achen clarify why hes posting in MOSC Group and why not in other groups. We all got the invitation from Mor Eprem thirumeni about his group, How come no one posted in there this series. Honest Abe..looks like a new fanatic on the prowl.

        In His service
        Biju
      • alice john
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 11, 2005
          Dear Moscelder,
          As far as I can remember, the Supreme Court had decided in 1997 that a wife can't be a member of a decision-making body in all the levels of the church even if her husband passes away. It has been our theological teachings for the 6000 years. This tradition cannot be changed due to the biblical and patristic traditions and teachings. "...for it is a shame for womwn to speak in the church" 1.Cor: 14:35; Eph.5: 22-32;1.Ti.2:8-15....No girl is allowed to serve at the altar owing to so many implicit and explicit theological and practical inhibitions that I can't portray due to length and time.

          Despite the modern generation dub St.Paul as a male chauvenist, no one can do that because " I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught, but by the revealation of jesus christ" Gal.1: 11-17. The Satan who used woman as his ploy to defeat God in the beginning of history is hijacking her again to fight against God so as to grab the fruit from the tree of Life, H.Qurbana , that couldn't do in Eden -Mt.24:15. Today's mimicry of women's sex power is nothing but the mockery of Satan against God.

          St.Mary a model for all human beings

          If one has understood the meaning of the heading that is given above, no woman will ask for power sharing because the mother of God didn’t take any theological role other than giving birth the Son of Man and nurturing and caring Him in the proper manner. As the role of women has been delineated in symbolical languages in Bible as well as in other religious literatures in biological, social and spiritual sense, the church has been following those principles and teachings for the last 6000 years without any serious challenges. God has created man and woman for specific and particular well-defined implicit roles and purposes. If single sex human beings could solve the problems of God in fighting against Satan, He didn’t have to take pains in moulding Eve by doing a meticulous and delicate surgery. The age of feminism that threatens the theological as well as pragmatic concepts of the role and duty of man and woman in a militant style explicitly portray the coming down of God and
          transplanting the faithful in a different galaxy of light and luminance. Listen to the Indian mystics who understood the wisdom of practical and divine functions of life that is given in ‘ Neethisaram’.
          “ Kareyshu Manthri, karuneshu dhasi, rupeshu lakshi, shayaneshu vesha, shamaya dharithri, sal karma narri, guna dharma pagni”. Woman is the home minister of the house, servant of mercy, beautiful in her physical and inner make up that includes character, giver of extreme pleasure in conjugal life, the incarnation of earth that is cultivated, excavated and explored with all sharp weapons and apparatuses, yet serves the living creatures in endurance, thus she is the incarnation of all exemplary things in life”. Such a noble woman is the ideal wife of man.
          Perchance if happens otherwise, Nethisaram continues: she becomes: “ agrasini, anya graha prevesini, swaya artha chorini, pathi dhosha bhashini, bharayam thegel puthra dhasa presthuthika”. “ Without giving care to her dear household members she eats first, call in into the other houses, stealing her own household money and wealth, propagating ills of her husband everywhere. Such a woman should be divorced even if she is the mother of ten children”.
          In this age of sex dynamics that disseminates dating, sexism and feminism that triggering divorce and all sexual profligacy, nothing of these values that are imbedded in our body system can work as Eros and Cupid, the gods of erotic love, takes vengeance upon the Creator of man at the fag end of time. All the prophesies will have to be fulfilled stage by stage.

          Dear Ruth,
          Women are not members of the MOSC church. Infact the supreme court after observation wanted women also to be included in all meetings and associations of the church, to involve them in decision making.
          Ofcourse now; Eph.: u can see some movement in this direction. We
          have to be reminded by gentile courts to run the church properly. Such is our condition.

          MOSC Group is in favor of women entering altar and sharing
          responsibilities with men equally. Priesthood is for the Holy Synod
          to decide.

          Yrs
          Itoop Korah
          MOSC ELDER

          -----------------
          The only forum for all Christians to express their views freely.
        • moscelder
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 12, 2005
            Dear John sir,
            I agree with you. MOSC is asking for equality in all apsects. Though
            we are content with asking the Holy Synod to decide about madbaha
            entry and ordination. Ruthamma wants entry into church Administrative
            side only. She is content with women remaining out of madbaha. Elcy
            says there is no point even talking about such things. Phillip Oommen
            got a juicy topic, which he wants to exploit to his full protestant
            pleasure.

            Yrs
            MOSCELDER
            -----------------
            The only forum for all Christians to express their views freely.
          • ronniedaniel1953
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 12, 2005
              Dear Mr. John

              You wrote :

              > St.Mary a model for all human beings
              >
              > If one has understood the meaning of the heading that is given
              above, no woman will ask for power sharing because the mother of God
              didn't take any theological role other than giving birth the Son of
              Man and nurturing and caring Him in the proper manner.

              I have a question for you :

              Why should we do the intercession of St. Mary if St. Mary had no
              theological role. Why do we always qoute that famous verse in the
              Marriage of Cana (where St. Mary intercedes to her son on behalf of
              the host at the marriage reception in Cana) to justify intercession
              to satins and prayer for the dead. How could that intercession be
              different from the intercessoin a Priest or Bishop while offering a
              sacrifice.
              What you wrote about the 6000 years teaching is the teaching of Jews
              which was flatly rejected by Jesus Christ.

              Yes, what you said about the continuation of the sin of Eve on all
              generations of women is right if you are a Jew. Because Jews doesn't
              believe in Jesus as the son of God.
              Eve concieved sin with the word from satan through the serpant.
              St. Mary conceived salvation for all human being on earth through
              the Word of God from Angel Gabriel.
              The same way Adams sins were removed by Jesus christ, Eve's sins were
              removed by St. Mary. I think those who say women are theologically
              inferior never believed in Jesus christ in the first place.

              Secondly, we find this man vs. woman disucssion jiucy and
              interesting because we beleive that we are the citizens of this
              world we are living today.
              Jesus said we are the citizens of the kingdom of god. What is one's
              sex in the kingdom of god ?? Male of Female ??

              Adam and Eve found they were naked after they eating the fruit. I
              think that was the first time they realised their gender. Right ??
              Then they tried to cloth themselves.
              That means our current realisation and concern about our gender
              proves that we are a bunch of sinners. Thats why we dont look beyond
              the shape of our body. Thats why we see a person on the altar as a
              male or a female, not as a humanbeing. Do we differentiate our
              children as male and female.
              We dont see a humanbeing as a man or woman in a world Jesus came to
              establish. We dont see them as man or woman in a world Jesus will
              agian come to establish.
              We all should get back to the pre-sinning stage of Adam and Eve.

              Rgds
              Ronnie