"Who Are You?, Whose business are you minding, Jesus or IBM

  • Elaine Jose
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 28, 2005
      Dear members,

      “Please… tell me who you are and what you want. And if you think those are simple questions, keep in mind that most people live their entire lives without arriving at an answer.”

      How deeply can you answer this question? Please realize that you are the only one who can answer it. No one else can tell you who you are. You must discover this for yourself. And the challenge of knowing ourselves is no easy task.

      We hope this question excites rather than intimidates you. There’s so much more to you than you know at present! Isn’t this intriguing? Perhaps it’s time to go exploring….

      “Mysterious and intimidating to contemplate, the human brain is the most complex thing there is and the most difficult task it can undertake is to understand itself.”

      “I don’t think God cares where we were graduated or what we did for a living. God wants to know who we are. Discovering this is the work of the soul – it is our true life’s work.”
    • Shirley Chacko
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 29, 2005
        Mourn not the dead that in the cool earth lie,
        Dust unto dust—
        The calm, sweet earth that mothers all who die
        As all men must;

        Mourn not your captive comrades who must dwell,
        Too strong to strive—
        Within each steel-bound coffin of a cell,
        Buried alive;

        But rather mourn the apathetic throng,
        The coward and the meek—
        Who see the world’s great anguish and its wrong
        And dare not speak.
      • Shirley Chacko
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 30, 2005
          Jesus stooped from His throne
          To pluck a brand from the fire.
          A wretch that had nought of his own,
          Not even a holy desire.
          My only inheritance sin,
          A slave to rebellion and lust;
          Polluted without and within,
          A child of corruption and dust.

          Such was I when Jesus looked down,
          When none but Himself could relieve;
          What could I expect but a frown?
          Yet kindly He smiled, and said, "Live!"
          And shall I impatiently fret
          And murmur beneath His kind rod?
          His love and His mercy forget,
          And fly in the face of my God?

          Dear Jesus, preserve me in love,
          And teach me on Thee to rely;
          Give wisdom and strength from above,
          Nor let me against Thee reply;
          Then I Thy great Name will adore,
          And cheerfully bear up the cross,
          Nor wish Thee to lessen the power
          Which purges my conscience from dross.
        • kuriakose corepiscopa moolayil
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 30, 2005
            Introduction

            I had been reading and noting a serial of postings from one young friend, Georgy from Bangalore in the IO Forum. I have seen many of the over enthusiastic IO supporters praising him and his views as the panacea to counter all SO pleas against the claims of Catholicose faction. I wrote to one of my critics in a different MO Forum that I will be responding to Mr.Georgy when he finishes his series.
            I find that he finished his presentation a week ago and I was busy otherwise and I could not start my response then and there.

            I am sending these responses to IO, MO and SO Fora, even though I don't know whether it will be published by them all, especially the IO forum. I had some experiences of editing or rejecting some of my postings. I don't have any complaints on these because as ours theirs is also a moderated forum.Nevertheless I mentioned this to notify that the authenticity of my articles will be in the version available in the SO forum. I don't have any bad experience with MOSC group till now on my postings there. I hope they will keep their tradition to these series too. The IO moderator's have cut suited one of my postings which I wrote by their solicitation.

            I must first and foremost congratulate Georgy for his journalistic talents and the beauty of his language. I also put on record his enthusiasm and willingly taken time and effort to articulate in a convincing way to like minded readers. The respectful and modest way of referring to opponent leaders are again to be praised. He is surely not prompted by emotion but by the maturity of affection and regard to the partisan spirit that was inherited in him and to the notions articulated in him by his factional environs. But his methodology of analysis is of a praise worthy standard and is really attractive.

            I express my congratulations.

            Please bear my uncouth expressions, unscientific presentation and unskilled language.

            I write this not to convince my friend Georgy or any other factional IO promoters. But I am trying to prepare a soliloquy to defend my own convictions in the light of reading the myth field of self justifications the IOs had to built in the last one century to protect the schismatic groupism created in the Malankara Church.

            My general observation on Georgy's presentation is that he has made nothing new other than presenting the same old wine in the new caskets. His skills in journalism (if I am correct about his career!) and command of stylish English is simply employed here in the analysis of Church issues.

            I have selected this title 'Myth field of Journalistricks' partly from Georgy's caption and partly my own coining of words. I don't know whether someone has combined these words and used before to express the idea of 'journalism and tricks' combined. If this is not an authentic usage please accept my explanations on it.

            My apologies to all those who wish to respond then and there. You have the freedom to air your views at any time. But I will not be replying to anyone until I finish my whole responses to Georgy's.

            Next: Mythfield of Journalistricks, Part 1, 'Nationalism and OO Churches'

            Lovingly, Moolelachen.
          • ronniedaniel1953
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2005
              Dear and Respected Cor Episcopo Achen,

              Achen, your introduction tells a lot about your intentions in the
              comming days, weeks and months.
              I would love to read it if it is informative and helps the learning
              process.
              However, I doubt whether your casting the author of the Myth series
              in a bad light will help us any way in the learning.

              Let us disucss issues.. Not persons. You have painted the author as a
              trickster and I think it was not the right thing to do.
              Achen, you thought that the MO forums will edit your post.
              Means achen you tend to pre-judge things.
              I think Achen you should do a LVM ( little voice management ) before
              starting replying to the Myth series.
              The little voice ( LV ) in your subconscious mind tells you that MOC
              forum will edit it.
              Your LV tells you that ICON will edit it.
              Your LV tells you that Georgy is a trickster.
              Georgy put forward arguements, some old and some new. Let us discuss
              it instead of finding fault with him or his profession.

              rgds
              Ronnie