God bless you Catholicose

  • Biju Skaria
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 30, 2005
      May HH Didimous-I, lead us into the green pastures and not the court rooms and the old saga.

      ICON group which claims to be the defenders of IOC were sleeping when the new Bawa was elected. Our loving SOCM bretheren were the first ones to report this matter. "The grass is greener in the IOC fence".

      btw these JSC people didnt answer my questions yet? Is there any body higher in JSC heirarchy so that I can contact them. Rank and file cadre doesnt seem to have answers to my questions.

      Yrs in His service
      Biju
    • Dr.George Jacob,Ph.D
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 31, 2005
        "These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you,
        and that your joy might be full." JOH 15:11.

        PHI 4:4 says, "Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice." The
        root of our joy is in the Benefactor who has given us the robe of
        righteousness and gives us our crown. The measure of this joy is
        determined by our daily walk in the footsteps of Christ, and our
        fellowship and communion with Him as we see in 1JO 1:3b-4, "Truly our
        fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these
        things write we unto you, that your joy may be full." Our fellowship
        with the Father and His Son gets turned off like a light switch when we
        start to serve sin, when our heart departs from our heavenly Bridegroom,
        when our heart becomes set on anything but Him.

        The following verses reveal how this fellowship can become so easily
        broken. 1JO 1:5-7 says, "This then is the message which we have heard of
        him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness
        at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in
        darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as
        he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood
        of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

        Our happiness or success in present circumstances does not measure the
        joy of Christ spoken of in our text. The joy of Christ is quite
        independent of these as we see in ACT 16:23-25. "And when they had laid
        many stripes upon [Paul and Silas], they cast them into prison, charging
        the jailor to keep them safely: Who, having received such a charge,
        thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the
        stocks. And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto
        God: and the prisoners heard them." They had the joy and peace of Christ
        because what they had suffered was according to the will of God. The
        peace and joy of Christ are not found in tangible things.

        Entering into the joy of our Lord often is best realized when
        circumstances are the worst. Where you see prosperity in this world, it
        is often accompanied by spiritual famine. You seldom see a man
        prospering greatly in the world and spiritually as well. ISA 54:10 says,
        "For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my
        kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my
        peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee." The things of
        this life will all be removed. When circumstances are the most trying,
        the peace of God is the most precious. During the worst circumstances we
        are able to give it all into His hands.

        The pathway that leads into this perfect peace and joy of our Lord is
        found as we keep our Saviour's commandments. This is so against human
        nature. The love of Christ unto His dear children was harmless,
        innocent, inoffensive, self-sacrificial. Loving one another as He loved
        us is the fulfilling of the law. ROM 13:9-10 says, "For this, Thou shalt
        not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou
        shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any
        other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely,
        Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his
        neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."

        The law is not abolished. These verses name the last six commandments.
        Christ came to fulfill the law in a legal sense, and you and I must
        fulfill the law in the form of gospel obedience. Right after our Lord
        Jesus commanded, "that ye love one another, as I have loved you," He
        went on to qualify the extent of that love. JOH 15:13 says, "Greater
        love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his
        friends."

        Our love for God or our neighbor is best measured by the extent of
        sacrifice we are willing to make to express that love. Abraham loved God
        so much that he was willing to sacrifice his son. God will bring
        circumstances to test whether we will pay the price to obey. Christ lay
        down His life for His friends while they were still at enmity with Him
        in their heart. ROM 5:6-8 says, "For when we were yet without strength,
        in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous
        man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare
        to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
        yet sinners, Christ died for us." Can we heap coals of love on our
        brother's head when he is doing evil to us, that we may melt his
        rebellion and bring him to repentance? This Choice is ours .
      • Shirley Chacko
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
          "All I ask is equal freedom. When it is denied, as it always is,
          I take it anyhow." -- H. L. Mencken
          (1880-1956) American Journalist, Editor, Essayist, Linguist,
        • Leny Thomas Vaidyan
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
            OBITUARY

            It is with deep sorrow that we inform the demise of prof.G.George(Thankachan) (73),Vazhatharayil,Pallippadu.
            Retd. Professor from Catholicate College Pathanamtitta.
            He is survived by his wife, K.G. Saramma(retd. Sales Tax Officer) hailing from Vaidyan Family Kaleetharayil Thevalakara,
            and children Saju George, Shiney Saju(USA),Suju George,Josheph Chandy(USA), BIju George .
            The funeral service took place at St. Stephens Cathedral ,Makkamkunnu at 2:00 PM today (31St October),conducted by
            His Grace Philipose Mar Eiosebious and His Grace Kuriakose Mar Koorilose.
            From..........Leny.
          • Omanakutty Eapen
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
              "Every one then who hears these words of mine and does them will be
              like a wise man who built his house upon the rock; and the rain fell,
              and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, but
              it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25
            • Dr.K.Georgekutty
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 13, 2007
                OBITUARY
                Mr. K.C Alexander, (Baby) (76 yrs.) Member of St.Gregorios Indian
                Orthodox Church, London Parish has been called to the eternal abode.
                He was a founder member of this Parish. He was an ardent observer of
                the Tradition of the Church and served as the 'Church Warden' for
                more than twenty five years. Many readers of this forum, who have
                visited LONDON parish, would have had personal contact with him, as
                he had never missed a Sunday in the Church. From the inception of the
                parish in the 60's, and through the struggling early days, he had
                served the church in many capacities. Not only had the members of the
                London parish but all the parishes of the Indian Orthodox Churches in
                UK and all the Keralites in London felt profound grief at the demise
                of Alexander.
                Alexander is survived by his wife, Mrs. Dedy Alexander, daughter Mrs.
                Anita Mary Alexander, son-in-law Mr. Benjamin Easow, and grand
                daughter Ms. Georgia Easow. May the departed soul take rest in the
                laps of Abraham Isaac and Jacob.

                The funeral service will be at 9:00 AM on Saturday, 17 March 2007, at
                our Church in Brockley and at 10:30 AM at the Camberwell New
                Cemetery, Brenchley Gardens, London SE23 3RD
                Kindly do pray for the rest in peace of the departed soul and the
                comfort of the
                bereaved family.
                Dr.K. Georgekutty,
                St.Gregorios Indian Orthodox Church, London,