Re: What does the Bible say about women in ministry?"

  • alice john
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005
      Dear Bindu,

      All along the course of human history of 6000 years women's priesthodd has been a forbidden fruit for us. This is the last sign of the Lord's coming ( Mt.24: 15)when this forbidden fruit molest the Orthodox churches. This new trend is on account of feminism that found shelter in the secular Women's liberation Movement. When we allow this agnostic secular currents to wash away the sanctimonious religious or spiritual values from our life, see that the end is not far away. A handful of Thirumenis cannot decide on this topic because the pressure from the lobbeying groups are so vehement that cannot be overlooked by the H.Synod. Nip in the bud. We didn't do it; we allowed the girls after the bapism to be kissed the H.Altar. It can't be stopped there because now the pressures groups with the help of their spouses and supporters are trying to get the authority of getting equality in the parish and church decision- taking bodies. The next step is ordination that giving in for consecration
      as happening in other churches. Can't we open our eyes and see the days of terorism and the cataclysmic calamities are the birth pang for a ne age? All these forces will conglomerate together for the fiery furnace -Mal.4, that has consume the whole world and its inhabitants.Women's equality in the religious venues is unspiritual, unnatural, impracticable and unscriptural. Read my books, though inadequate as it was written about 1.5 decades ago, and see whether it can give some food for thought.

      E.S.John, Australia

      ---------------------------------

      The only forum for all Christians to express their views freely.
    • alice john
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005
        Dear S John,
        As my 1st letter to you didn't deliver, writing again. I can't trace the link in this site go to http://www.lightoflife.com and read ' Is woman a pawn, 12/02( 2 messages, the other in another month) and ' Women's Ordination, 6/04. The books( 5th volume) you can get from Current Books or National Book stall or other shops in Kottayam or St.Paul's Mavelikara. Also you can get from Mar Basulius Foundation, Prakkanam, Pathanamthitta mbecs@... .

        E.S.John, Australia

        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005
          Dear bindu,

          I overlooked one point that you raised. The early church had deaconesses because they were selected to help and counsell the old women converts. As it is a fiery area, the bishops or the priests were not allowed to give care and counselling to mature women. This is what I say as impracticality in my previous message. The equality in decision- making venues can lead to sexual immorality that is entirely barred in spiritual arena because there is no sex in Heaven. However, the the role of deaconesses also faded away, may be on account of sex corruptions that is notoriously prevalent in the western churches in these days, costing billions of dollars as compensation. Therefore, keep this subject alive, so that the real believers can get a clear idea of the complications and implications it can deliver. The pressure from with in is so forceful to change the status quo; how long our H.Synod can resist this storm. The end comes when it is due to come, any way.