Re: Slave attitude

  • P. V. Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2005
      Dear ones,

      I read the posting dated 1st October from Mr. Manoj Mathai with great interest. Since I had the opportunity to stay near one of the very old Churches of JSC, ( the Karingachira Pally near Tripoonithura), I can understand his feelings very well. He is very true about the impression in the minds of JSC brothers about IOC. The question is how this impression got created? Who are responsible for that? How it can be changed?.

      May I add here my impression about them. They are very nice and God fearing people. Very simple and helpful. I have seen the discipline and spirituality they maintain in their 'Perunal Rasa', and other functions in their church. We, at least our churches in central Travancore, should learn from them on these things.

      How these good people got such a bad impression about the IOC members? As I feel, the reasons could be:

      1. Our intolerance, arrogance and the language we use against them ( the messages circulated in this forum are good examples). Some may say that they are also using similar language. But, remember, being Christians, we do not have the right to use bad words or live by the Babylonian Laws (Eye for Eye).

      2. Lack of real spirituality in our inner heart. We are not afraid of God in our talks or dealings.

      3. It is a fact that the people in Northern Kerala consider the 'Thekkan Keralites' as people who cannot be believed. ( How this happened? )

      4. Mr. Manoj could be correct when he says ISC is supporting the wrong people from JSC. This was clearly demonstrated in the " Niragraha Satyagraham" initiated by the Thirumeny who came from that side. Later he went back. That incident has tarnished IOC image a lot.

      5.Their church leaders and Priests (who are afraid that they will be loosers, financially and position wise ) have succeeded in giving wide publicity for the weaknesses of IOC members ( What weakness? read the items above).

      So, what can be done to resolve the situation?

      a.. Change the response, words and behavior of IOC members. There is no use writing harsh words against JSC.
      b.. Initiate creative discussions at all possible levels and platforms, with utmost respect to the JSC side.
      c.. Pray intensely to God for union of the IOC and JSC brothers in the name of the common factor 'C' (Christ) and forget the IO / JS factors.
      d.. Wear the most important piece of clothing above all, which is Love that binds us all together in perfect harmony in the name of Jesus.
      P. V. Thomas.

      ------------------
      The only forum for all Christians to express their views freely.
    • ronniedaniel1953
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2005
        "4. Mr. Manoj could be correct when he says ISC is supporting the wrong
        people from JSC. This was clearly demonstrated in the " Niragraha
        Satyagraham" initiated by the Thirumeny who came from that side. Later
        he went back. That incident has tarnished IOC image a lot. "

        Dear PV

        Good people with bad judgment I would say.

        Your above para points to who are the problem makers.
        Who brought the " Satyagraha" culture in to the church ??
        Who brought the culture of attacking a priest conducting Holy
        Qurbana ???
        Who brought the culture of keeping their ladies with babies on their
        lap to stop a priest of bishop from entering the church??
        Who brought the culture of creating noise in the middle of Holy
        qurbana ??
        Who brought the fanatic side of religion into our church??
        Who threaten people for giving their opinion in these forums ??
        This is not part of our Indian Christian culture
        You said " Later he went back " - May be more will follow.
        Because it is not our culture to attack a church or a priest or kill
        each other in the name of God. May be he had difficulty surviving in
        our culture. Thats why he went back.
        We consider it is better to build another church than shedding the
        blood of our brother.
        That doesn't mean that we should not try all legal and civilized means
        to get justice.

        We had similar situations in the past as well.
        But, at last truth will prevail.

        rgds
        ronnie