ONAM GREETINGS

  • alice john
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 29, 2005
      Man and the universe runs on certain delicate formula of laws and rules. Our faith and worship also reciprocates around this principle of relativity. Twisting any sacrosanct principles on the basis of biblical verses and social norms is the intrinsic beauty of God�s word by that either man selects his own gutter spirituality or attains spiritual maturity. Most of the simple sentences in the Bible have multifarious meanings that focus on mystical many-sidedness. Making generalizations for serious mystical judgements ends up in confusion that derails our thinking and personality.
      We have many celebrations like moranaya perunals and sacramental observances that adore the greatness and glory of God. As we are only a puff of the wind, we don�t have any right to celebrate any of our ephemeral greatness. Anything other than worshipping God is deity worship. The first 4 Mosaic commandments pulverize the statutes and covenants given to the Israelites. Many of them who became the prey of the wrath of God couldn�t grasp the underlying principles involved in it because they were only the shades of mysteries that are to be accomplished by the sacrifice of the Lamb. We cannot blame the Jews because they were living in the shadows, but we can�t be exonerated by whatever excuses we present now. The church for 20 centuries haven�t got involved in any deity worship; despite we have accepted some customs like � thalikettu�that doesn�t participate any idol worship, whereas Onam celebration has a deity to whom the Hindus make arrangements of receiving Maveli with various forms of decorations. One should realize that we haven�t done such things for all these years; inviting such things into the Body Of Christ is idol worship, the god of which is the prosperity gospel of real estate and corporate commercial spirituality. Any one in this global democratic set up can enjoy or do whatever one wants, but the church that caters spiritual food for all members can�t bring any form of profligacy into the parish or church life. The present Orthodox Church is the likely product of the Pharisee and Sadducee religion that like marble covers a multitude of infirmities. These developments are the product of the association with other religions and faith, affluence boom and the interdenominational matrimony, the root cause of the demise of virgin faith. Apart from the adverse influence of heretical churches of right and left, there are influence from other ingredients of observances and rituals.
      Pharisee Elements
      Celebrations like 8-day fasting that embraces the falsehood of immaculate conception, birthday and wedding day drunken melee, father�s and mother�s day business enterprises, equality in parish decision- making venues that definitely will lead to ordination and consecration of members of both sexes, shastipurty and sapththy� celebrations that leads to vandalizing the spiritual arena and so many other paraphernalia, inviting a spiritual pandemonium in the Orthodox church venues. These are the arts of mortals trying immortalize themselves.
      Sadducees Elements
      There is no church that has not been affected by charismatic Christianity. The Emotional Christianity that mainly runs by the fuel of ego, self-propulsion, selfishness, etc that exemplifies in all these celebrations of the flesh erases out the contrite heart of glorifying God. This image of Lucifer is the one that kills the pure church at the end of this aeon. Embracing the yeast of both sections of Christianity invited the death of Orthodox life. No control at all in our daily life that is pulverized with drinking, dancing, participating in cultural programmes that glorify the epicurean philosophy and sexual immoralities. The dead are gone, no meaning in praying for them because it is the business of God to look after them, they teach. Fasting and prayer are not needed because God knows our frailties.
      So many such things run the churches of today; I don�t have room to explain all these. While cherishing a life of leavened bread, such people attribute their yeast on others nicknaming others as of Pharisees and Sadducees bread. Even gluttony is a sin, or loving their spouse and children without giving the highest glory to God is a sin. Then what to speak of deifying that edifies our personality greatly by accepting the celebrations of other faiths. We have only excuses, not dedications in correcting ourselves. We all filter mosquitoes while swallowing elephants. At least try to stick on to the externals, so that they might open up our inner senses that lead us to the unending ocean of realties one day.
      E.S.John, Australia
    • Dr.GeorgeJacob, Ph.D
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 1, 2005
        Dear MOSC members,

        "The fear of the wicked, it shall come upon him: but the desire of the
        righteous shall be granted." PRO 10:24.

        No grace is as extensive as desires. This should not discourage us into
        thinking that we do not have grace because our desires fall so short.
        Who loves as he desires to love? We will never fully satisfy our desire
        to love in this world because we still have that old, cold-hearted
        nature. Who believes as he desires to believe? Our belief is so mixed
        with unbelief and struggles, though our desire is to believe without
        question. Who lives in godly fear as he desires to live? We see our
        shortcomings; we see that our desires exceed the granting of those
        desires, but we will never see them fully satisfied in this life because
        we are still in the flesh and no flesh can glory before God. As long as
        we are in the flesh, our souls will remain hungry, though we are fed at
        times. We will always labor under a load of sin and become hungry again
        and need to be fed again.

        Our desires far exceed what is possessed. ROM 9:3 says, "For I could
        wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen
        according to the flesh." The Apostle Paul had such an urgent desire to
        see his kinsmen believe. He even wished himself "accursed from Christ"
        if they could be saved in his place. He had a yearning desire for the
        fellowship of his kin, but that desire far exceeded what he saw
        fulfilled.

        The righteous desire far greater faith, love, and holiness than they see
        in their own hearts. As we see more and more of who and what we are in
        the flesh, our desires continue to grow for more holiness, faith, and
        love. The prophet said in ISA 64:1, "Oh that thou wouldest rend the
        heavens, that thou wouldest come down, that the mountains might flow
        down at thy presence." The burning desire of his heart was to see the
        glory of God break forth and sin dissolved, but that desire was not
        gratified. The desire of his heart exceeded the grace that he saw.

        The desires of the righteous are after things of eternal value, as we
        see with Moses in HEB 11:25-26. "Choosing rather to suffer affliction
        with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
        Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in
        Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward." Both
        Moses and Balaam saw how desirable it was to die the death of the
        righteous, but Balaam desired the wages of unrighteousness, while Moses
        gave up his throne and kingdom, choosing to suffer with the people of
        God because the wages of unrighteousness had no appeal to him.

        The desire of the Lord Jesus Christ, that His church might be reconciled
        with His Father, was granted. 2CO 5:17-18 says, "Therefore if any man
        be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold,
        all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath
        reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the
        ministry of reconciliation." The desire of the Lord Jesus Christ was
        fulfilled, but what did it cost Him to fulfill those desires? Just as
        Moses, He gave up a kingdom in order to come down to earth to eat and
        drink with sinners. He humbled Himself and become "obedient unto death,
        even the death of the cross." He had to die unto sin.

        The desire of the righteous brings them into the footsteps of their
        forerunner in the way of the cross. That is what happened to Moses, and
        that will happen to you and me if we have the desire of the righteous.
        We read in LUK 12:50, "But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how
        am I straitened till it be accomplished!" He yearned for fulfillment,
        so He stepped into the waters of baptism, the way of the cross and the
        wrath of the Father, to take away the penalty of sin.

        The righteous desire to be conformed unto the blessed image of Christ,
        which we find in ROM 6:10-11; "For in that he died, he died unto sin
        once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye
        also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through
        Jesus Christ our Lord." The Lord Jesus Christ desired to die unto sin.
        If we are in Christ, then our desires must die unto sin. Sin becomes
        our greatest enemy.
      • Babu Johnson
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005
          Be like a star and make your best even better. Lord, source of my joy, if I am shining I will brighten the day for both myself and those around me.
        • alice john
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005
            Dear Bindu,

            Despite I made a detailed letter to you, it disappeared before posting. Let me be very concise, therefore. What is meant by reformed age? modernity is not the question of date but of outlook. This reformation is the signal for a volatile change. Equality in professionalism doesn't comply with the complementing functions of man and woman what God and our religious hierarchies have been advocating for. This apparent equality certainly invites the sign of the Lord's coming. Religion should run against the social patterns or evils. The question was what the Bible teach about the role of woman in the church? Therefore your answer is not enough. That is what I was referring to. Our aim is not to confine within the demand of the Mosc members, our yearning is what the church and the religion teach on this subject.

            I adore priests as ambassadors of God. I don't criticise any individual priest. While there is only one Bride for the Groom, how come there are 2300 denominations and many other cults that work against the true faith. How long one can overlook the corruptions within the clergy ranks and the abuse of women on the basis of equality and freedom? we have to follow the teachings that have been our life blood so far, but everything changed by the flowering of Kaliyuga. Instead of going along with the current turn back towards the chaste teachings that we have been following all during the bygone centuries. Hope you realise what I stand for. Claiming equality by overlooking the complementing functions is suicidal.

            E.S.John, Australia
            ---------------------------------
            The only forum for all Christians to express their views freely.
          • ronniedaniel1953
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005
              "Claiming equality by overlooking the complementing functions is
              suicidal."

              Dear John

              Equality has nothing to do with functions. Those who look at the
              woman and man as two living bodies of slighly different shapes will
              always see them as not equals. We must gain the power to look beyond
              that. To look at the soul living in them. That soul is the
              representative of God. A humanbody has all the charectors of an
              animal if we take out the God's soul from the equation. There are
              some very good examples of people amongst us who behave like
              animals. Right ??

              So, when we define functions, we have to define it as 1. Body's
              function and 2. Souls function.

              To deliver a baby is Body's function. Whereas to invoke holy spirit
              is souls function. What stops a woman from invoking the holy spirit
              in a Holy Qurbana, unless we beleive that her soul is something
              inferior.

              The redemption of mankind starts with the appearance of God's angel
              to St. Mary. Based on this can we say that Mary was superior to
              Joseph. Jesus after resurrection appeared to a woman first and the
              message of peace was conveyed to her first. Does this say that woman
              is superior.

              Lesson: Both has been bestowed with equal measure of soul and the
              body functions complement each other. So, Biblically equal and
              bodily equal as well since some of the bodily functions are
              complimenting each other.

              rgds
              ronnie
            • alice john
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005
                Dear Ronnie,

                If you believe in the Orthodox Christianity, the mysteries of which the H.Fathers have revealed by communing the unseen secrets of the Infinite worlds, please don't stick on with our reasonings and some odd biblical verses. The christianity that we see today is the product of petrol money that has raked up a spiritual revolution in tune with the nether worlds, from where the petrol is pumped out. This christian culture is needed for the termination of our life in this planet that is ruined by global warming and global dimming, the author of which is the black gold and its products that have made us as the pigmies of the spiritual world- 1.Cor.1: 19-25.

                E.S.John, Australia
              • sjohn129
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005
                  Dear Mr Ronnie & Mr Alice John,

                  Could you please write in detail , as I could not understanding
                  whether your answer is YES or No. Thanks in advance.

                  +Prayers+
                  S John
                  ----------------------------
                • sjohn129
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005
                    Dear Mr Alice John,

                    Where can I get a copy of ShunnayamakkunnaMletchatha ?

                    Can I have a link to your post on Ordination as I could not find it?

                    Thanx
                    S John
                    ---------------------------------
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005
                      When you lose your temper, you lose. Lord, help me to be patient with those around me, but most of all, help me be patient with myself.
                    • Sherin George
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005
                        1 pkg Super moist yellow cake mix
                        1/4-cup water
                        1/4 cup butter or regular margarine, softened
                        1/4 cup packed brown sugar
                        2 eggs
                        1-cup cut-up dried apricots
                        1/2 cup drained chopped maraschino cherries
                        Powdered sugar

                        Heat oven to 375 F. Grease and flour a jelly roll pan; 15 1/2 x 10
                        1/2 x 1 inch. Beat half of the cake mix (dry), the water, butter,
                        brown sugar, and eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium
                        speed or mix using a wooden spoon. Blend until smooth. Stir in
                        remaining cake mix, the apricots, and the cherries. Spread evenly in
                        the pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick
                        inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Sprinkle
                        with powdered sugar. Cut into 6 rows by 5 rows. Yield: 30 bars
                      • bindusirs
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005
                          Dear John and Ronnie,
                          I'm not against women in priesthood. MOSC Group members are also open
                          to this subject. Even the venerable Abba Brown ( you all know him as an
                          expert in orthodoxy), is in favor of women priests.

                          However this subject is not in our discretion. Its for the Holy Synod
                          to decide . Abba tells me that the early church had women deacons , and
                          these women didnt become priests solely because these holy women felt
                          they didnt have the call. And not because they were denied priesthood
                          on account of womenhood. I believe in the same.

                          However lets go about this discussion giving deference to our elders,
                          thirumenis and spiritual people. Let them decide what is right.

                          Yrs

                          Bindu Scaria
                          Group Moderator: MOSC Group
                        • alice john
                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005
                            Dear Bindu,

                            All along the course of human history of 6000 years women's priesthodd has been a forbidden fruit for us. This is the last sign of the Lord's coming ( Mt.24: 15)when this forbidden fruit molest the Orthodox churches. This new trend is on account of feminism that found shelter in the secular Women's liberation Movement. When we allow this agnostic secular currents to wash away the sanctimonious religious or spiritual values from our life, see that the end is not far away. A handful of Thirumenis cannot decide on this topic because the pressure from the lobbeying groups are so vehement that cannot be overlooked by the H.Synod. Nip in the bud. We didn't do it; we allowed the girls after the bapism to be kissed the H.Altar. It can't be stopped there because now the pressures groups with the help of their spouses and supporters are trying to get the authority of getting equality in the parish and church decision- taking bodies. The next step is ordination that giving in for consecration
                            as happening in other churches. Can't we open our eyes and see the days of terorism and the cataclysmic calamities are the birth pang for a ne age? All these forces will conglomerate together for the fiery furnace -Mal.4, that has consume the whole world and its inhabitants.Women's equality in the religious venues is unspiritual, unnatural, impracticable and unscriptural. Read my books, though inadequate as it was written about 1.5 decades ago, and see whether it can give some food for thought.

                            E.S.John, Australia

                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005
                              Dear S John,
                              As my 1st letter to you didn't deliver, writing again. I can't trace the link in this site go to http://www.lightoflife.com and read ' Is woman a pawn, 12/02( 2 messages, the other in another month) and ' Women's Ordination, 6/04. The books( 5th volume) you can get from Current Books or National Book stall or other shops in Kottayam or St.Paul's Mavelikara. Also you can get from Mar Basulius Foundation, Prakkanam, Pathanamthitta mbecs@... .

                              E.S.John, Australia

                              Message 14 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005
                                Dear bindu,

                                I overlooked one point that you raised. The early church had deaconesses because they were selected to help and counsell the old women converts. As it is a fiery area, the bishops or the priests were not allowed to give care and counselling to mature women. This is what I say as impracticality in my previous message. The equality in decision- making venues can lead to sexual immorality that is entirely barred in spiritual arena because there is no sex in Heaven. However, the the role of deaconesses also faded away, may be on account of sex corruptions that is notoriously prevalent in the western churches in these days, costing billions of dollars as compensation. Therefore, keep this subject alive, so that the real believers can get a clear idea of the complications and implications it can deliver. The pressure from with in is so forceful to change the status quo; how long our H.Synod can resist this storm. The end comes when it is due to come, any way.