They also want Bible study program

  • Biju Skaria
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 28, 2005
      After seeing MOSC group immersed in spiritual discussions, with so many emminent and distinguished writers expounding the Bible and giving lectures, ICON group members are also pleading for a regular Bible study program. Now isn't that a change? WOW.

      Maybe Elders who write here can send them a weekly dose.
      Biju Skaria
    • bindusirs
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2005
        Dear Siby,
        This is a wonderful step suggested. I request all members of MOSC to
        follow this heartily.

        We are in reciept of your good and encouraging wods from time to time
        and appreciate your comments.
        Yrs
        Bindu Scaria
        Group Moderator: MOSC

        --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "Dr.Siby
        Chacko" wrote:
        > Dear Elders and members,
        > I propose a sabbath in MOSC. It can be any day of week, when we
        will not write or say anything harsh to any member here. A day when
        all of us will contribute a spiritual, question , solution, or prayer
        or some experiences of good , for the welfare of our spirit and
        brotherhood. ~ Siby

        > "There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God." (Hebrews
        4:9)

        > God has provided a Sabbath, and some must enter into it. Those to
        whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief;
        therefore, that Sabbath remains for the people of God. David sang of
        it; but he had to touch the minor key, for Israel refused the rest of
        God. Joshua could not give it, nor Canaan yield it: it remains for
        believers.

        > Come, then, let us labor to enter into this rest. Let us quit the
        weary toil of sin and self. Let us cease from all confidence, even in
        those works of which it might be said, "They are very good." Have we
        any such? Still, let us cease from our own works, as God did from
        His. Now let us find solace in the finished work of our Lord Jesus.
        Everything is fully done: justice demands no more. Great peace is our
        portion in Christ Jesus.

        > As to providential matters, the work of grace in the soul and the
        work of the Lord in the souls of others, let us cast these burdens
        upon the Lord and rest in Him. When the Lord gives us a yoke to bear,
        He does so that by taking it up we may find rest. By faith we labor
        to enter into the rest of God, and we renounce all rest in self-
        satisfaction or indolence. Jesus Himself is perfect rest, and we are
        filled to the brim in Him.
        > Siby
      • ronniedaniel1953
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
          Good Idea.
          Let me start with a question.
          Is Anger a Sin Biblically?? How can we control anger ??
          I have learned that when Anger and Emotion goes up Intelligence
          comes down. How far this is true ??

          Rgds
          Ronnie

          --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "bindusirs"

        • alice john
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
            Dear Ronnie,
            'Be angry, but sin not' is the old precept' ps.4: 4., but Jesus says that ' everyone who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgement-mt.5: 22. Knowing that man is a slave of the flesh, He asks us to forgive the sins to others first. He again reminds us that one who does't forgive the sins of others his sins will not be forgiven by the Father. Vengeance also has a demon that will boil up our flesh and mind unless we forgive the sins instantaneously. St.Paull says not to give room to the demons. Cultivating anger against others is a recipe given by the devil who is always trying to hijack us to his domain. Jesus emphasises this live ienergy in the " Lord's Prayer' . 'Forgive our debts as we have forgiven others'. The first step is forgiving others by us, the 2nd step of forgiveness of our sins by the Father is automatic and spontaneous. This is a cardinal point that God won't forgive our sins, unless we forgive others. This is why love is the only lingua-franca of the
            Christian age. I know this truth, but when I climb one step up, I fall over 5 steps down. Therefore, forgive 7 times 70 because one's brother is a mould of different connotations.
            Salvation is only by Grace, not on our merrits, therefore.