The MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian Group

  • Group Elder
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2004
      Dear Friends,

      This is with response to some queries about our group. The aims and purpose of this group is well defined. Do spend some time browsing the front page of the group , everything is well explained.

      Also we have a POLL currently in session.Do not forget tocast your vote. Our Church CALENDER for the month SEPTEMBER 2004 is also ready .A lady member ( who doesnt wish to to mentioned by name) sent me the RICE PAYASAM RECIPE and it works; i tried it out . Pls see DATABASE for the RECIPE.

      I will be happy to post your RECIPES if u mail them to me. If you are a good / professional cook, you will be given access to make your own postings.

      Please make your stay a happy one. Come forward with your views and in the spirit of christ forgive and let go. Some articles / letters are critical; but no one is targetting any individual I have seen some postings and boy were they harsh! But is it not ; a view point of one of our fellow brothers? Some may disagree while some others may agree and unless we disseminate views we can never get to know each other .

      I encourage you to say your mind. Dont be shackled by your thoughts neither get provoked by others view point. This group intends to bring all Malankara Christians togther. Always remember-- "Split / divisons have occurred hundred of years ago and cannot be solved in a day or month. "

      May i draw your attention to the plight of churches in the US. So many churches are up for sale. I have participated in so many distress sale and i can tell u " It is very sad" . US was built not by this generation of jazzing / sleep over / weekend people. US was built by piligrim fathers who came to Boston for sake of living a prayerful life. But now another generation has arisen " which knows not God nor his ways". Our church is in a similar stage. Lamentable is our younger generations growing up having nothing to do with the church. Imagine what is going to happen to our views / our church / our culture if we have no one to continue in our footsteps. Once we were living on Kanji and Payar and our fathers prayed 7 times a day. Now we are full of all luxuries and our children refuse to go to church.

      Conclusion:

      I am sure with the passage of time, views and postings here will begin to reflect on our actual needs and the initial outburts will be soon forgotten.

      yours

      GROUP ELDER