Re: Revival – Need of the hour in Malankara

  • Philip Oommen
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 5, 2005
      This message is posted only to show how even a good person, with good intentions , can speak in a faith , which is alien to Orthodox church and traditions. I urge all orthodox faithful to counterthis type of protestant view type which is so abundant in our churches.

      Dear Brothers & Sisters

      I teach people about Mathavu what God's spirit wrote in the Bible. I honor Mathavu more than I honor my own mother.I observe 8 days lent for many years now, but don't attend church service on these 8 days except on Sunday. Reason is, priest lead innocent people for shrine worship just after giving Jesus's body and blood to believers.It is idol worship in the Holy of Holy place ( Madhbaha) and going around with candle and buring censors. I teach people it( shrine worship after taking Jesus's blood) as spiritual abortion by clergy.

      What do I teach people about Matahvu
      (1) Mathavu believed angel's word from God and gave birth to the Saviour Jesus. So should do Christian woman (Luke 1:46-55). Mathavu recited Ps 34:2,3;138:6,71:19;103:17,98:1,98:3). Our women should stop singing cinema songs,stop children from entering commercial film world, and all other ungodly life styles. Its a shame to see our girls/women come to church with body revealing dresses. No bishop/priests open mouth against it incase they lose money to Holy Church. Church should not accept one paisa from non believers in Christ.
      When she was pregnant, she sang the most beautiful song about God( Our ungodly leaders and elders wrote Mathavu worship songs during last centuries according to Lucifer's plan)
      (2) Mathavu sought disciples help to see Jesus( Study Mathew 12:46-50). Disciples intercede to Jesus to talk to Mathavu and Jesus's brothers and sister. Jesus teaches that spiritual sonship/brotherhood/sisterhood is much more important that biological motherhood/brother hood and sisterhood. Mathavu submits to Jesus's decision to wait outside the house to see . Our early leaders and elders reversed God's plan and taught that JESUS's MOTHERHOOD is more important than spiritual sonship/brother hood etc.That is why I say its Lucifers plan. I tell people to respect teachers of Gospel than teachers of traditon.
      (3) Mathavu didn't rise with body to heaven as early church leaders taught. I believe Parumala Thirumeni's write up in his book on Israel trip. He saw Mathavu's tomb in Israel. Christians in Turkey claim Mathavu's tomb is there. Worshiping Mathavu's soul/spirit is a sin according to Bible. Holy Spirit is the mediator for mankind in this world to interced according to God's will(Rom 8:27) Until 20th century people prayed directly to Mathavu according to old Greek teachers of tradtion. With the revival in the 20th cnetury, IOC/JOC inserted the word "intercessory" before the word prayer to Mathavu.
      (4) Mathavu had fellowship with apostles after Jesus's ascension to Heaven. She was filled with Holy Spirit and spoke in tounges. (Acts 2:1-4). She knew the power of Holy Spirit. There are 100s of women (RCC,IOC,JOC,) who speak in other tounges when they attend evangelical meetings. Church should allow evangelical teams to conduct meeting in the our conventions.
      (5) Mathavu accepted Jesus's command to accept disciple John as her son and go with him. (John 19:26).What would our people say this century. Sorry Jesus! we would go back to my NRI parents/brothers who will feed me with meat and milk.Your disciples have only black coffee. We are ancient christiants from St.Thomas time.What would leaders say to Jesus. Our Greek,Roman,Babylonian leaders had better ideas than yours. We will use her name as intercessor and make money for church. We will tell them what Pope Pius taught in the 4th century, about "NERCHA (VOW) KURBANA", NERCHA(VOW) MADYASTHA PRARTHANA to get blessing. We won't teach people to follow Mathavu's life style as told in the Bible.

      Last week I asked one 75 year old great grandmother why do you observe 8 day lent. She said "Ayo,with out Mathavu's intercession God would do nothing. I have priests for centuries in our families". She stands in the church with lit candle for SPECIAL NERCHA INTERCESSORY PRAYER to MATHAVU to get visa for her grand daughter to Dubai". She is praying for this to all passed away saints for the last 365 days. Nothing happened. I told her I will interceed for her request and conforted her mind accroding to Bible.She believed me the first time in her life that Jesus hears and answers the prayer of believers without the so called intercession of any passed away saints.

      I love my people,church and leaders and elders. May God bless them. It is painful to see people go away from Jesus. It is painful to see people dishonor body and blood of Jesus which they take every Sunday, due to ignorance about God's principles for blessing. Its sin to serve/pray to spirits of people (live or dead).

      Sincerely
      Philip
    • alice john
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 6, 2005
        Dear All,

        St.Mary’s Birthday

        The apocalyptic times witness the turmoil of the Orthodox Christianity that has been cherishing its unblemished faith for all the bygone times. We celebrate only Jesus’ birthday that embraces the birthday of each individual believer who are even yet to be born. His birth that paved the way for our redemption is full and complete, so also is His resurrection that cannot be blemished by other celebrations and observances. Therefore, we don’t observe the memory of any saint on Sunday, despite this concept is violated by even our church hierarchy of today. The Immaculate Conception that we remember as the birth of st. Mary on sep.8th is a sin in its abhorrent nature, which cannot be absolved by any other means because we elevate her as equal to the Saviour who bled for us. If she were immaculate, she also should have ended up on the cross. Jesus’ birth and death is a surplus commodity if she were immaculate and bear the burden of humanity, validating the feminist’s argument of
        epitomizing Jesus as a woman. Just as we don’t fast or celebrate the feast of the saints on Sunday, the remembrance of the birthday of the Mother of God is an anathema. The 8- day fasting that starts 1st sep has been a pagan stuff added on to our virgin faith that is being molested by importing the mary cult for materialistic gains. If birthday celebrations were of primordial importance, a God who handed down the genealogy of people for 4000 years would have recorded the birth date of each prominent biblical character. As He lives in us and we in Him, we don’t have separate celebrations for our own birthday. Elevating our level to God, or denigrating Him to our grade are both unpardonable sins. We are only a breath. He is all in all for us.

        As death is only a departure from this planet, we remember them through our prayers, so that they may be taken abode with Him in Eternity. Burial is a send off occasion for the departed and a birthday celebrations of our departed among the celestials. This is the importance that we give to the Soonoyo celebration that falls on the 15th of August. Many are not aware of the coming and going away of this perunal- celebrations, whereas the modern faithful are faithfully and fabulously celebrating this alien celebration of birthday with so much pretence and assumed repentance. Our clerical hierarchy is keen in their birthday to be celebrated. We remember the days of Annunciation, birth of John the Baptist, the revelation of the angel to Joseph in connection with the birth of Jesus. Those are the heralding events of the birth of Jesus. Some say that we have set aside a Sunday for John the Baptist or st. Joseph, but not as their birthdays because we don’t know the particular day the Baptist
        or St.Joseph were born. We know that Jesus was either conceived or born on Wednesday and crucified on Friday. Hence we are obliged to fast and pray on these immensely important days. How many of us are doing such fasting on those days. This also has become a mania recently to have Friday fasting and prayers without giving the due importance to the Passions of Christ. The Wednesday fasting is wiped off even from the clergy’s colander because the prosperity gospel of 8-day fasting is more beneficial than the Wednesday fasting. This has virtually become a showing off business of the set agenda of the Pharisees’ spirituality or hypocrisy. No real meaning in the cosmetic celebrations of the apocalyptic spirituality, everything has ended up in the gambling of real estate and commercialized versions of religiosity.

        When the Groom is with us for 40 days after the resurrection, we are not expected to fast, even if our dear ones depart from us. We can assume that He gives allowance to those souls who departed during that period. Whether we do fast or do any spiritual sacrifices, it is God who gives the rewards at the end of the day. As a person gets stomach problems by eating Wednesdays and Fridays after the resurrection, he still continues fasting for those 2 days continuously for the whole year. Waiting to get an authentic advice for this doubt.

        However, a total eclipse of Orthodox spirituality is imperative in the coming of the Lord- Lk.18: 8.

        E.S.John, Australia
      • alice john
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 6, 2005
          Dear Philip,
          A spiritual revival is indispensable in our church and personal lives, but to import the teachings of the leftist and rightist churches' leavened bread is detrimental to orthodox faith. I am writing against this yeast that are lately borrowed by some members of laity and clergy and brutalised our churches. Despite ettu nombu is a feast in most of our churches, there have not been this celebrations in our infant parish for the last 25 years. This proves the point that this a weed that parasiting upon our chaste faith lately.

          Both abnormality and sub-normality are harmful to our normal life, so also in our religious lives with regards to deviant faiths. What ever we give as gifts and presents to our dear ones on this earth, they all perish at their graves; our permanent gifts are our prayers for their spiritual rejuvenation that helps them at the Last Judgement. Prayers to the departed and for them have been one of the keynotes of our faith for all the bygone 6000, and if you convert our believers with your yeast by playing double roles only will tell upon your salvation. The saints are the relaying stations of our prayers to the celestial spiritual hierarchies, and we breathe our spiritual air by their supplications and prayers for us. The saints' benedictions are the ' golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of incense- Rev.5: 8.you may have different interpretations for such verses, I believe.
          I can't go on writing forever. If you like read the book, ' Annammayum Pastarum' by Fr.K.Ghevarghese and my book " Is it biblical to pray to the dead' . The absence of the status of the departed make such believers as demi-gods who pretend that God is the one who gives this head weight to them; know that it is the working of the pretended angels of darkness. The notion that we can supplicate direct to God is mere crap that leads to eternal oblivion from the angels of light. Don't ignore the spiritual hierarchy that serves the Lord in Eternity.
          despite I can refute your arguments one by one, I don't do it for various reasons. You are not quite conversant with our church traditions that are very important to build our faith. St. Mary was buried but the assumption took place from the tomb. How can you criticise the assumption without knowing that part of the myster? All the apostles took part in that assumption despite they were doing mission work for the Lord in the other parts of the world. If you are keen to be in conversant with such traditions, listen to the Promeons, sedra and other prayers that are read every Sunday and all other important occasions, festivals and perunals. Learn first in depth before starting criticism. Most of us do criticise before learning just like putting the cart in front of the horse. such approach definitely lead to the domain of Lucifer.
          First obey, then question.

          E.S.John, Australia
        • Abe Brown
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 7, 2005
            No amount of good advice is going to put this mans sense in order. I
            strongly object to the way he is using your good offices to spread
            rumors about the Holy Mother. This is not the first time, and this is
            not the first time he has been advised to refrain.

            O virgin St. Mary O mother of God pray for us sinners , now and at all
            times even at the hour of our death. amen

            Abba Brown
          • Philip Oommen
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 8, 2005
              Dear John uncle
              Praise God that you come out of shell to tell some truth about some our practising sins in the church worship system. Recently one young orthodox priest confessed that "they study bible thoroughly in the seminaries, but don't teach /speak biblical truth fully in public, since many orthodox people will stop reading bible" (and leave the church later).
              Malankara Orthodox people attend other bible based churches because they don't get sufficent spiritual food in our churches.
              It is the Holy Spirt that brings the truth out. May God open your heart fully and help us hear more. . Then only our church will stop rituals and start preaching and teaching truth in the services
              Sincerely
              Philip
            • alice john
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 9, 2005
                Dear Philip,

                Thank you for your good words. I am ready to fight against any corruptions in our faith, but not against the Orthodox basics. Prayer to the dead and for the dead is as old as life itself. 40 or 30 days of mourning in the old. T. is a classical example. Why did Moses inscribe the names of the dead on the tablets? Read the relevant books and understand these basics.

                The protestants are real protestants against the real christian values; don't follow them. Obedience is better than sacrifice. The first Israelite king who was anointed by God fell into the trap of the evil spirit to disobey the Lord, the net result was that he was haunted by the evil spirit that forced him to commit suicide that denied him a proper burial. There are 2 kinds of spirits- the Spirit of God and the spirit of this world, 1.Cor.2. If we are not the tools of the Spirit of God, automatically we become a prey of the evil spirits, the lord of those is Lucifer. I don't mean to say that all of the protestants are the followers of Lucifer; what I want to convey is that we can be forced into their traps, unless we are meticulously careful in our faith ingredients. You don't like to bite any baits that are put for you; you make some postings without any body's provocations, like the terrorist attacks that comes all of a sudden. If we go by our own logic, the head weight of Lucifer
                is the fruit that we get. Challenge is good only for a noble cause, not for all spiritual footings. This is a battle of devotional Christianity versus emotional Christianity- Charismatic. Instead of sailing in both of them, choose between the two. Treat it as a spiritual test.