Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 2036 , Jul 31, 2005
      "It often happens that saints born of a saint retain from him birth both according to the flesh and according to the soul. In this way Abraham became the father of Isaac, Isaac of Jacob, and Jacob of Joseph; for they are descended from them in a human sense and also imitators of their virtue. Esau was begotten of Isaac only according to the flesh, since he was a stranger to him in intentions, for he became worthless. Seth, then, born to replace a just man, generates Enos: the just engendering one who is just; and the latter, instead of having a proper name of his own, is called `man.' Such a naming demonstrates the virtue of his soul which preserved that which was "in the image," and the truly real state of man, for in Hebrew Enos signifies `man.'"

      St. Didymus the Blind.

      "Gird Your sword upon Your thigh, O Mighty One, With Your glory and Your majesty. And in Your majesty ride prosperously." Psalms 45:3-4

      Prayer Requests:

      The Christian Minority in Noshara, Pakistan.
      Fadia - Breast Cancer.
      Merna - 9 yrs old girl with brain hemorrhage - multiple skull fractures. Merna is conscious and talking but apparently she had lost hearing in one ear. She is doing better overall.
      Tara - Systematic Lupus and financial and family problems
      George k - Cancer
      Frances - Brain Tumor
      Delaney - 8 mon. old baby, hospitalized with severe burns and possible limb amputation.
      Peter, Bishoy and Neveen - healing from the loss of both their parents.
      Alber - Cancer
      K - Depression, anxiety, addiction, pride and spiritual estrangement
      E. Tawadros - confusion and depression.
      Andrew Eskander - car accident. Andrew is out of the hospital and is doing great
      E. Sidhom - Cancer.
      Adel Gendy - 10 years old with kidney failure, needs a kidney transplant.
      Bernard - Various drug addiction problems
      Joseph - Prostrate Cancer
      Mary - Breast cancer
      A.K Matthew - Colon Cancer
      Enyat - severe diabetes.
      Safwat - Kidney problems and Anxiety.
      Samy - Bone cancer.
      MS - Mercy, Comfort, Strength, Healing and Protection
      AAM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
      MM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
      SE -- Love, Healing
      GE -- Love, Comfort, Strength, Support, Guidance
      Helen - severe epileptic seizures.
      Stephan - 48 years old, muscular dystrophy, diabetes, stroke.
      Scott - 4 months old baby desperately in need of a bone marrow donor.
      Douglas McLead - Cancer and kidney failure.
      Mrs. McLead - Parkinson disease.
      Fr Benjamin, Photini, Marina, Miriam, Moses.
      Nicholas - constant back pain.
      Michael - 9 years old boy with a progressive brain tumor.
      Sarah - Back problems and might need an operation soon.
      Mayrvat and her 3 kids. She has been separated from her kids.
      Elizabeth - bi-polar disease and other problems.
      Fr. Constantine S. Palassis - suffers from symptoms of dementia.
      Heidy - Depression and other problems.
      Esther - Intestinal problems.
      Nick - chemotherapy.
      Sue S. - Advanced Cancer.
      Helen P. - severe depression and diabetes.
      Pamela P. - chronic depression and financial difficulties.
      Shafika - kidney failure.
      Mary Beth - Obesity & Diabetes.
      Jean - Neurological back problems.
      Therese - Emotional problems.
      Reggie - Cancer.
      Detra - Stress related health problems.
      Walter Sr. - Depression.
      Denise I. - Breast Cancer.
      Cuba Plain - cancer that is high up in the breast.
      Zouhair - stomach cancer.
      Magdy - brain tumor.
      John Rittel - cancer of the lymph node and voice box.
      Eugene - completion of immigration procedures and securing a job.
      The mission of the Coptic Church in Africa and throughout the world.

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2036 of 2036 , Sep 21 5:19 PM

        "Upon awakening, first give praise to God and, having asked His intercession, begin your most important work, that is, to pray in the heart, purely and without distraction...We are commanded to bring the first and best as offering to God, that is our first thought which we must direct straight to our Lord Jesus Christ in a pure prayer of the heart..."

        Monks Callistus and Ignatius.

        "But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God, That I may declare all Your works."  Psalm 73:28

        The Bible reading for the 12th of Tut, September 22, is:
        13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am? 14 So they said, Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets. 15 He said to them, But who do you say that I am? 16 Simon Peter answered and said, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. 17 Jesus answered and said to him, Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. (Matt. 16:13-19)
        Commemoration of the Archangel Michael.
        The Assembly of the Third Ecumenical Council at Ephesus to Judge Nestorius, Archbishop of Constantinople.
        The Translocation of the Relics of Sts. Clemus (Aklimos) and His Companions.

        The Bible reading for the 13th of Tut, September 23, is: John 10:1-16
        Departure of Pope Mattheos II, 90th Patriarch of the See of St. Mark.
        Commemoration of the Miracle performed by St. Basilius (Basil), Bishop of Caesarea, Cappadocia.

        The Bible reading for the 14th of Tut, September 24, is: Luke 10:21-28
        Departure of St. Agathon the Stylite.

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.