Spiritual Words.

  • M S
    Message 1 of 1418 , Jul 30, 2005
      (What then shall we call this power which is an activity neither of
      the senses nor of the intellect? How else except by using the
      expression of Solomon, who was wiser than all who preceded him: "a
      sensation intellectual and divine." By adding those two adjectives, he
      urges his hearer to consider it neither as a sensation nor as an
      intellection, for neither is the activity of the intelligence a
      sensation, nor that of the senses and intellection. The "intelligent
      sensation" is thus different from both. Following the great Denys
      [Dionysios the Areopagite], one should perhaps call it union, and not
      knowledge. "One should realise," he says, "that our mind possesses
      both an intellectual power which permits it to see intelligible
      things, and also a capacity for that union which surpasses the nature
      of the intellect and allies it to that which transcends it.)

      St. Gregory Palamas.

      "O God, You are more awesome than Your holy places. The God of Israel
      is He who gives strength and power to His people." Psalms 68:35

      Prayer Requests:

      The Christian Minority in Noshara, Pakistan.
      Fadia - Breast Cancer.
      Merna - 9 yrs old girl with brain hemorrhage - multiple skull
      fractures. Merna is conscious and talking but apparently she had lost
      hearing in one ear. She is doing better overall.
      Tara - Systematic Lupus and financial and family problems
      George k - Cancer
      Frances - Brain Tumor
      Delaney - 8 mon. old baby, hospitalized with severe burns and possible
      limb amputation.
      Peter, Bishoy and Neveen - healing from the loss of both their parents.
      Alber - Cancer
      K - Depression, anxiety, addiction, pride and spiritual estrangement
      E. Tawadros - confusion and depression.
      Andrew Eskander - car accident. Andrew is out of the hospital and is doing great
      E. Sidhom - Cancer.
      Adel Gendy - 10 years old with kidney failure, needs a kidney transplant.
      Bernard - Various drug addiction problems
      Joseph - Prostrate Cancer
      Mary - Breast cancer
      A.K Matthew - Colon Cancer
      Enyat - severe diabetes.
      Safwat - Kidney problems and Anxiety.
      Samy - Bone cancer.
      MS - Mercy, Comfort, Strength, Healing and Protection
      AAM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
      MM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
      SE -- Love, Healing
      GE -- Love, Comfort, Strength, Support, Guidance
      Helen - severe epileptic seizures.
      Stephan - 48 years old, muscular dystrophy, diabetes, stroke.
      Scott - 4 months old baby desperately in need of a bone marrow donor.
      Douglas McLead - Cancer and kidney failure.
      Mrs. McLead - Parkinson disease.
      Fr Benjamin, Photini, Marina, Miriam, Moses.
      Nicholas - constant back pain.
      Michael - 9 years old boy with a progressive brain tumor.
      Sarah - Back problems and might need an operation soon.
      Mayrvat and her 3 kids. She has been separated from her kids.
      Elizabeth - bi-polar disease and other problems.
      Fr. Constantine S. Palassis - suffers from symptoms of dementia.
      Heidy - Depression and other problems.
      Esther - Intestinal problems.
      Nick - chemotherapy.
      Sue S. - Advanced Cancer.
      Helen P. - severe depression and diabetes.
      Pamela P. - chronic depression and financial difficulties.
      Shafika - kidney failure.
      Mary Beth - Obesity & Diabetes.
      Jean - Neurological back problems.
      Therese - Emotional problems.
      Reggie - Cancer.
      Detra - Stress related health problems.
      Walter Sr. - Depression.
      Denise I. - Breast Cancer.
      Cuba Plain - cancer that is high up in the breast.
      Zouhair - stomach cancer.
      Magdy - brain tumor.
      John Rittel - cancer of the lymph node and voice box.
      Eugene - completion of immigration procedures and securing a job.
      The mission of the Coptic Church in Africa and throughout the world.

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1418 of 1418 , Mar 2 7:42 PM

        "God immediately forgives everything to those who ask forgiveness in a spirit of humility and contrition and who ceaselessly invoke His holy name. As the Psalmist says, 'Confess to the Lord and call upon His holy name' (cf. Ps. 105:1)."

           St. Gregory of Sinai.

        "One thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 3:13-14

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        J. De Ramos - Stage 1 Leukemia.