shreshta bawa -is he a christian bishop ?

  • george_cthomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2005
      dear all

      on seeing the recent incidents infront of Thrikkunnathu seminary,it
      seems that mar divanniasos is still playing the same trick which he
      played in 1970s when his friend karunakaran who protected him and
      granted status quo to captured churches and properties

      george
    • manojcgeorge
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
        Dear Mr. Thomas,

        << on seeing the recent incidents infront of Thrikkunnathu seminary,it
        seems that mar divanniasos is still playing the same trick which he
        played in 1970s when his friend karunakaran who protected him and
        granted status quo to captured churches and properties >>

        I really pity you. Please dont live in a fool's paradise. Was it HB
        Thomas I ( and not Mor Divannasios ) who initiated the trouble ? What
        did prompt him to go on the sit in strike ? Hope at least you know
        some background of the Thrikkunath seminary issue. If not let me give
        a small insight.

        The Thrikkunath seminary was the built by the blood and sweat of St.
        Paulose Mor Athanasios ( Valiya thirumeni of Aluva ). If you did not
        know, he was the Malankara metropolitan of Malankara church until 1953
        when Vattasseril was parellely the malankara metropolitan of the
        dissident faction. Upon his demise, he was entombed in this seminary
        church. Also entombed in this seminary complex is Vayaliparambil Mor
        Gregorios thirumeni who was called as the Iron man of Malankara
        church. Both these fathers did not budge even a fraction from their
        canonical relation with Antioch.

        This seminary came into the control of your church only and ONLY
        because the vicar switched sides. And it is this status quo that you
        have been enjoying here. Do you know that there are only 11 families
        of this church who are metran kakshi whereas the remaining 350 +
        belong to the jacobite church. And out of these 11 families most of
        them are settlers who have come from the southern kerala. On what
        basis are you claimimg right over this seminary properties ?

        It was your church who violated the status quo. And we have full
        rights to protest the same. We just went on a sit in strike. We did
        not make insane comments like ' Aalbalam kondu neridum ' and '
        Thadakku pirannavarundenkil.... ' like one church leader. But I think
        such comments make him a better christian leader for you.

        Best Regards
        Manoj George
      • george_cthomas
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2005
          -dear friend
          fr.c.m.thomas alias divanniasos was ordained as a priest in
          Malankara Orthododox Church and not in the so called jacobite syrian
          church which took birth in 2002.Divanniasos captured Orthodox
          churches with the help of reeth catholics and congress politicians.
          For your information a church building after its consecration by a
          Orthodox Bishop or priest becomes part of Orthodox church and its
          not an independent entity.
          divanniasos after capturing Orthodox Churches in 1970s claimed that
          there is only one Malankar church and one belief and his
          friend ,then home minister gave him statusquo.after loosing cases in
          courts,with support of reeth he has created his own theology and
          thereby he and his accomplices are out of Malankara Orthodox Church.
          Also please note that there your patriarch is not partriarch of
          antioch, he is patriarch of damascus.there are 3 others who claim to
          be patriarch of antioch.

          -- In
          MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "manojcgeorge"