The Patriarchial visit to Kerala is over ..

  • George Easaw
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2004
      dear all,

      The fact that the people of Kerala have given only that
      much importance to HE the Patriarch from Syria as they give
      for our Bava reflects the broadmindedness of the average
      malayali. Even though the Patriarch has resorted to some
      high intensity PR exercises to boost up the images of his
      faction, it has made no difference in the minds of the
      common malayali or the official crowd at Delhi. As a matter
      of courtesy, they have extended official courtesy to HE The
      Patriarch of Antioch, our sister church, lest they
      antagonise the Indian Orthodox Church. For them the
      orthodox christians are still the indigenous accepted
      christianity spread by st thomas, whether people have
      moved over the centuries out from it to the catholic faith,
      the protestant faith or more recently the antiochian syrian
      faith.

      The indian constitution and indian judiciary has preserved
      the sanctity of the true faith which has indigenous
      origins through the judgement last year. Even though we
      would not like to disown our Antiochian brethren, our
      Orthodox Bava has in the true Christian spirit extended the
      arm of friendship and tolerance to them. Being magnanimous
      !!

      We need not worry what the Antiochain faction may say or
      do. In Kerala, the Patriarch was playing petty politics
      out of desperation for known reasons ..

      I congratulate the Bava Thirumeni for maintaining utmost
      calm and peace during the visit of HE the Patriarch, even
      though initially the Patriarch committed the blunder of not
      getting the invitation of The Orthodox Bava and not paying
      a courtesy visit to the Bava at Kottayam. Bava Thirumeni
      should be willing to forgive the Patriarch for this blunder
      !

      Since the Indian Supreme court after carefully studying
      both sides and historical records has ruled that only the
      Indian Orthodox Church is the legal entity and the
      patriarch faction is alien to Indian ethos and culture, it
      was a known truth that there is not much the Patriarch
      could do in India.

      We are aware of this truth and in true Christian spirit
      welcome the few remaining in the other faction with open
      hands to the Indian Orthodox faith.

      Now that this Friday morning the Patriarch has flown back
      to Syria, we pray to God and wish him the best of health
      and spirit to guide his Christian followers in Syria to
      salvation.

      george..

      http://mail.yahoo.com