Re: Miracles are not the foundation of christian faith.

  • moscelder
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2005
      Dear John,

      Jesus himself performed so many miracles. Almost all of them on
      Jews , the believers in God. The jewish elders however didnt find it
      as sign from God. As such miracles as sign of unbelievers or sinners
      is not the way how God worked wonders in our midsts.

      There is a subtle difference in words, i.e. Miracle or Mystery . Holy
      Qurbana is a mystery , because we do not know , how the bread & wine
      becomes the body and blood of Jesus. We do not know how this
      transformation has ocurred. But the event( transformation) , is a
      miracle, because it has occurred and some of us are aware of it ,
      most not. Im sure you can see the difference clearly .

      To summarise this may i conclude in the Hon.Group Elders words "There
      is a lot of difference between a miracle from God, and a sign seeking
      congregation, which chases after God solely for signs & wonders."

      Yrs
      Moscelder