love for the lord

  • Kurilose thirumeni
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
      "Tell me . . . where Thou feedest, where Thou makest Thy flock to rest at noon."-Song of Solomon 1:7

      These words express the desire of the believer after Christ, and his longing for present communion with Him. Where doest Thou feed Thy flock? In Thy house? I will go, if I may find Thee there. In private prayer? Then I will pray without ceasing. In the Word? Then I will read it diligently. In Thine ordinances? Then I will walk in them with all my heart. Tell me where Thou feedest, for wherever Thou standest as the Shepherd, there will I lie down as a sheep; for none but Thyself can supply my need. I cannot be satisfied to be apart from Thee. My soul hungers and thirsts for the refreshment of Thy presence. "Where dost Thou make Thy flock to rest at noon?" for whether at dawn or at noon, my only rest must be where Thou art and Thy beloved flock. My soul's rest must be a grace-given rest, and can only be found in Thee. Where is the shadow of that rock? Why should I not repose beneath it? "Why should I be as one that turneth aside by the flocks of thy companions?" Thou hast comp!
      anions-why should I not be one? Satan tells me I am unworthy; but I always was unworthy, and yet Thou hast long loved me; and therefore my unworthiness cannot be a bar to my having fellowship with Thee now. It is true I am weak in faith, and prone to fall, but my very feebleness is the reason why I should always be where Thou feedest Thy flock, that I may be strengthened, and preserved in safety beside the still waters. Why should I turn aside? There is no reason why I should, but there are a thousand reasons why I should not, for Jesus beckons me to come. If He withdrew Himself a little, it is but to make me prize His presence more. Now that I am grieved and distressed at being away from Him, He will lead me yet again to that sheltered nook where the lambs of His fold are sheltered from the burning sun.
    • S. Wesley Mcgranor
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
        Hello,

        Right On to Saint George and Mexican salad sounds delicious. What
        about the Roman Pontiff as Antichrist and his see is that of Satan
        himself? Or perhaps the Catholic Church as just a coniving, sinister
        Dark Behemoth that seeks your soul for thier collection?

        Peace!
        WesleyWes
        Founder http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Anti-Catholic

        --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas
        Brandow" <dougiebaba@y...> wrote:

        > Philip,
        >
        > The truth of St. George follows:
        >
        > "Saint George is known as the 'dragon slayer' and his pictures
        show
        > him as a brave knight in battle with a fierce dragon. Sometimes,
        > there is a beautiful lady in the picture, too. Saint George is
        > fighting the dragon to protect the lady.
        >
        > Dragons represent wickedness and evil and are said to be fierce,
        > cruel, and greedy for treasure and power. Legends say that dragons
        > have fiery breath, long sharp claws and wings to swoop down on
        > unsuspecting people. they destroy the countryside and scare away
        all
        > the people. Doesn't that sound wicked and evil to you?
        >
        > The beautiful lady shown in the pictures represents God's truth
        and
        > our Holy Mother Church. Saint George is fighting evil to protect
        the
        > Church!
        >
        > Saint George was a soldier in the Roman army. He was one of the
        Roman
        > emperor Diocletian's favorite soldiers. Maybe that's why, when
        > Diocletian had notices put up proclaiming that Christianity was
        > against the law, George thought that he could change the emperor's
        > mind. He tore down the notices and went to Diocletian. Saint
        George
        > declared that the new law was cruel and against God. Then he quit
        the
        > army. For this, George was arrested, tortured and finally
        executed.

        > When people heard of the death of this brave soldier, instead of
        > being frightened and abandoning their faith in Jesus, they took
        > courage from George's example. Songs and poems were written about
        the
        > bravery of this soldier. He was adopted as the patron saint of
        > England by the first Norman kings, in about 1000.
        >
        > Everyone has some 'dragon' of sin or weakness to fight against for
        > Jesus' sake. Everyone is called to be a 'soldier for Christ' by
        the
        > sacrament of confirmation. Saint George, the brave soldier, will
        help
        > us whenever we ask him."
        >
        > You see, Philip, that St. George can be an inspiration to
        Christian
        > living in a troubled time. He was a warrior for the faith and we,
        > too, must be warriors!
        >
        > Douglas Brandow, Michigan
      • Kuriakose Varkey
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2005
          Iam requesting that I be dropped from the mailing list
          Kuriakose Varkey

          Kurilose@..., UNEXPECTED_DATA_AFTER_ADDRESS@.SYNTAX-ERROR. wrote:

[...]

          The only forum for all Christians to express their views freely.

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
          Children InternationalWould you give Hope to a Child in need? �Click Here to meet a Girl
          And Give Her Hope�Click Here to meet a Boy
          And Change His Life Learn More