Idol worship prevents God living with us

  • Philip Oommen
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      Dear Brothers and sisters.

      Ex 32:1-10 teaches us that idol worship of any kind prevents God from living in us. Eventhough Israel had seen the invisible God in action, they still wanted the familiar gods they could see and shape into whatever image they desired. Our greatestest temptation is still to shape God to our liking to make Him convenient to obey or ignore. God responds in great anger when his mercy is trampled on. The gods we creat blind us to the love our God wants to shower on us. God can't work in us when we elevate any one or anything above Him. Just before the lent starts, let us examine what false gods we are worshiping and get rid of the practice from today.
      May God help us get rid of all gods from worship except the Triune God.

      Sincerely
      Philip Oommen

    • ronniedaniel1953
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2005
        Dear Philip

        How come you quote from the old testament. Earlier in a mail you said
        we are supposed to live as Jesus said. The past, the traditions
        etc.. were not relavant and important to you. Now you are quoting
        from the old testament to prove a point. Waht a hipocracy ??
        If it is your ignorance, I would suggest you read and learn about
        christian behaviour from the following website of our Bishop the Most
        respected Yuhanon Mor Militheos Thirumeni.

        http://www.freewebs.com/militos/

        You will get some words of wisdom from HG's post on this website.

        Also, let me tell you from what little i learned about christianity :

        THE RULE IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WAS TO STONE A PROSTITUTE TO DEATH.
        THIS WAS CHANGED BY JESUS AND ALLOWED PARDON FOR A SINNER.
        IT APPEARS THAT YOU ARE A PERSON STILL BELEIVING IN STONING A SINNER
        TO DEATH.

        IT WAS EYE FOR AN EYE AND EAR FOR AN EAR IN THE OLD TESTAMENT.
        JESUS CHANGED IT TO SHOW YOUR OTHER CHEEK TO THE FELLOW WHO SLAP ON
        YOUR ONE CHEEK.

        THE RULE ABOUT IDOL WORSHIP IS NO DIFFERENT EITHER.

        THE MOST IMPORTNAT THING IS THAT YOU SHOULD NOT NOT BE JUDGING SOME
        ONE PRAYING TO GOD WHETHER IT IS A VISIBLE GOD OR INVISIBLE GOD.
        WHETHER IT IS A SPIRIT GOD OR IDOL GOD.
        SIMPLY YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE.
        PHILIP - YOU ARE A FAILED CHRISTIAN, IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE THE
        JUDGEMENT TO GOD.
        SOME OF THE MOSAIC RULES WERE CHANGED AND INTERPRETED DIFFERENTLY
        WHEN THE SON OF GOD CAME ON EARTH. THIS MIGHT BE FURTHER CHANGED AND
        STILL INTERPRETED DIFFERENTLY WHEN HE COMES THE FINAL AND SECOND TIME.
        DONT FORGET THAT YOU ARE VIOLATING SOME OTHER RULES IN THE BIBLE WHEN
        YOU CONDEMN A CREATION OF GOD.
        RONNIE

        --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, Philip