Malankara World Journal Ettu Nomb Special, Day - 1, Issue 161 (Sept 1, 2013)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2013

      This is a special edition of Malankara World Journal for the Ettu Nombu, an exclusive lent observed by Malankara Christians worldwide.

      Issue 161 for Ettu Nomb Day - 1 (September 1, 2013) is now available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 161
      Ettu Nomb (8 Days Lent) Special - Day 1

      1. Foreword

      2. Inspiration for Today: Faith Is More Than Believing Something

      Faith is more than believing something; faith is believing Someone. Faith is not committing yourself to an idea, but to a person. Faith is responding to the present-tense Voice of the Father. ...

      3. Featured: The Holy Virgin Mary in the Syrian Orthodox Church by HH Ignatius Zakka I Iwas

      Ever since its existence, our Syrian Orthodox Church has incessantly extolled the Virgin Mary's virtues and canonized her as a patron saint of the church, repeating her Holy name in church prayers day and night. Our church has set commemorative days for the Virgin Mary to be celebrated all the year round.

      It was a common practice in the church to celebrate commemorations of saints and martyrs after their departure to heavenly abodes following the termination of their spiritual struggle on earth. The Holy Virgin Mary and St. John, however, were excepted.

      The Syrian Orthodox Church usually celebrates the nativity of the Virgin Mary on Sept. 8. It used to celebrate the Feast of the Virgin Mary's presentation in the temple, in addition to three others; the Feast of the Virgin Mary for the blessing of the crops, the Feast of the Virgin Mary of the sowing and the Feast of the Virgin Mary for blessing of the vineyards. ....

      4. Saint Clare of Assisi: Our Guide in the Garden of Prayer

      It is tempting to imagine that in the garden of prayer, the saints and mystics moved from ecstasy to ecstasy. Actually, they used the same sturdy Tools for Prayer available to us. They understood that even the simplest vocal prayer can lead to deep contemplative prayer....

      5. Prayer - You are God, we praise you

      You are God: we praise you;
      You are the Lord: we acclaim you;
      You are the eternal Father:
      All creation worships you. ...

      6. HYMN: O Christ Who Art The Light And Day

      O Christ, Who art the Light and Day,
      Thou drivest darksome night away!
      We know Thee as the Light of light
      Illuminating mortal sight. ...

      7. Devotion: Come, all you faithful, let us hasten to the Virgin

      8. Forgiving Others

      In a perfect world, Christians would be people without any disagreements. Unfortunately this isn't a perfect world, it's a fallen one, and even the Church sees its share of conflict between members. ...

      9. More Resources For Study and Reflection

      Malankara World Supplement on St. Mary plus other publications of interest.

      10. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this Malankara World Journal Special online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/

      Malankara World Journal