Malankara World Journal Issue 160 - Theme: Marriage and Divorce

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2013
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 160 - Theme: Marriage and Divorce - (August 29, 2013) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 160
      Theme: Marriage and Divorce

      1. Foreword

      Christian marriage. Need for the church to provide support to families. Forum on Depression in the MASOC Family and Youth Conference at Dallas, TX.

      2. Malankara World Supplement on Saint Mary, The Mother of God

      To learn more about St. Mary, her life, and her role in the Church, please visit Malankara World Supplement on St. Mary.

      3. Malankara World Journal Ettu Nombu (Eight Days Lent) Specials

      Malankara World Journal will publish special editions for each day of the Eight Days Lent (Ettu Nombu) starting on September 1. Observe the lent with prayers and meditations. ...

      4. Bible Readings for This Sunday (September 1)

      Bible Readings for the Third Sunday after Shunoyo

      5. Sermons for This Sunday (September 1)

      Sermons for the Third Sunday After Shunoyo

      6. God Hates Divorce

      This is the type of poem that breaks my heart because it represents so many children who are torn apart by divorce. No matter what you are experiencing in your marriage, and no matter how tough it is, just remember the impact that staying together will have on your children. ...

      7. Featured: Marriage, Divorce And Remarriage in the Orthodox Church

      The question is often asked what the Orthodox position is on marriage. The answer to this question should be sought in the Orthodox teaching on the "mystery or the sacrament" of marriage. We also know that the Roman Catholic Church considers marriage as a sacrament. There is however a very important difference which should be clarified here. ...

      8. Divorce, Orthodox Style, Referenced by Pope Francis

      Orthodoxy regards the marriage bond as, in principle, lifelong and indissoluble, and it condemns the breakdown of marriage as a sin and an evil. But while condemning the sin, the church still desires to help the sinners and to allow them a second chance. When, therefore, a marriage has entirely ceased to be a reality, the Orthodox Church does not insist on the preservation of a legal fiction. ...

      9. Jesus On Divorce, Remarriage, and Celibacy

      Points to ponder and detailed sermon outlines. ...

      10. Orthodox Marriage

      From time to time it is necessary for us to discuss topical matters such as marriage as candidly as possible from a Christian perspective, especially in a society that is assaulting marriage more openly than we have ever known or experienced in the past. ...

      11. Family Special: Giving To Each Other Unconditionally in Marriage

      John Powell describes different kinds of relationships, including one he calls "pan-scale love." A pan scale is what Lady Justice carries. .. Powell says that many of us enter courtship or marriage with a pan-scale commitment. In the exhilaration of first falling in love, we give 100 percent of ourselves to our mate, and our end of the pan scale hangs heavy with love's offerings. ...

      12. Health: State of the Art Prostate Protection

      Today I'm going to tell you how to get over prostate problems. If you're a man, you've either encountered them already or you're going to. You may have already found yourself standing over the urinal waiting for something to happen and nothing does. But I'm going to show you the best, state-of-the-art, natural way to improve your peeing power. ...

      13. Humor: Men and Women

      14. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Malankara World Journal