Malankara World Journal Issue 159 - Theme: Prayer and Worship

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22 8:45 AM

      The Malankara World Journal Issue 159 - Theme: Prayer and Worship - (August 22, 2013) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 159
      Theme: Prayer and Worship

      1. Foreword

      The best image of a person that is dear to our god is the tax collector who went to pray at the temple. ...

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (August 25)

      Bible Readings for Second Sunday after Shunoyo
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_2nd_sunday-after-shunoyo.htm

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (August 25)

      Sermons for the Second Sunday After Shunoyo
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_2nd-sunday-after-Shunoyo.htm

      4. Inspiration for Today

      5. Featured: Come, Let Us Bow Down In Worship

      When we ponder Jesus.. and what He did on the cross.. and are moved by what we see.. and are moved by the Holy Spirit.. and come to Him by His mercy.. humble ourselves before Him.. ascribe to Him the glory due His name.. and listen to Him and do as He says.. then.. we worship! ...

      6. The Pharisee and the Tax Collector

      Unlike the Pharisee, the tax collector knew he was a sinner who needed forgiveness if he was to be saved. So he humbly admitted his sinfulness and asked for mercy from God. And Jesus said that his prayer was answered. He left his place of prayer saved, whereas the Pharisee left unsaved. To be saved, a person must humble himself, admitting that he is a sinner who needs a Savior. If we think, like the Pharisee, that we don't need a Savior, then we cannot be saved....

      7. What Are You Bragging About? Legalism vs. Grace

      As a Christian, I am acutely aware that Jesus did not come to congratulate me on my good works but to confront me about my sin. Furthermore, that confrontation is not the end! He also came to save me from it. He lived the perfect life that I couldn't (John 8.29) and died the sinners death that I deserve (Rom. 6.23) and rose from the dead for me (Rom. 4.25). Therefore, my life is intricately bound with the death of Jesus (Gal. 2.20-21). What's more, the good works that I now do are demonstrations of God's powerful grace working in my life. ...

      8. Undeserving Rewards

      Often our sins of pride, which work a self-righteous spirit of independence and self-sufficiency, come between us and our God. The Lord withdraws Himself when He sees these sins. ...

      9. When You Don't Have a Prayer

       When his followers asked, "Teach us to pray," Jesus just flat taught them how to pray! He taught us several things about prayer. He gave us a pattern for prayer. He taught about persistence in prayer. And he taught about the purpose of prayer. ...

      10. The Sin of Prayerlessness

      We pray when we think we need to pray. When a crisis hits, when we get bad news from the doctor, when we are laid off, when we are having problems with our marriage or problems with our children, what do we do? We pray. And that is good. It's what we should do. But what about when things are going well? When there is no bad news from any front, do you pray then? Is it because you think you don't need to? ...

      11. Your Poor Prayer

      Good music, they say, is music that is written better than it can be played. The Christian life is like that: written better than any of us can hope to attain in this life. The standard of God is still the same: "Be ye perfect even as your Father in Heaven is perfect" (Matthew 5:48). We will not attain it in this life, but that’s how it’s written. ...

      12. Family Special: Unhindered Prayers

      Did you know that the way you treat people has an impact on the effectiveness of your prayers? The Bible says that the prayer of the righteous person is powerful, but if we aren’t treating others with honor, kindness and respect, then we aren’t allowing His righteousness to operate in us. When we don’t treat others the way we should, it closes the door to God’s power and hinders our prayers. This is especially true in a marriage relationship. ...

      13. A Fool for Christ? - A Touching Story

      It was an unusually cold day for the month of May. Spring had arrived and everything was alive with color. But a cold front from the North had brought winter's chill back to Indiana. I sat with two friends in the picture window of a quaint restaurant just off the corner of the town square. ...

      14. Nearly 100 Churches Destroyed in Egypt - Coptic Pope Reportedly in The Assassination List

      "Over the past weeks we have witnessed an increasing trend of anti-Christian rhetoric calling for 'the attack upon and eradication of Christians and churches' in Egypt," said Coptic Bishop Anba in the United Kingdom. "The result of such incitement, at least in part, has been the unprecedented attack on fifty two churches and numerous Christian homes and businesses across eight governorates in Egypt, within the space of twenty four hours." ...

      15. Atrocities Against Egypt's Christians: The U.S. Must Speak Out

      Many don't realize that Egypt was Christian for six centuries before the coming of Islam. We call the descendants of those Christians the Copts. For 14 centuries they and their ancestors have kept the faith even when life would have been easier if they hadn't. ...

      16. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/

      Malankara World Journal