On Spiritual Writings of Saints

  • john_jacob_email
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2013
      Reading some of the spiritual writings of the likes of St. Alphonsus Liguori, I have always felt awe-stuck by the blessed state that such mortal flesh and blood has been through in being able to write such divine thoughts. A similar work that I would like to bring to the notice of the readers is that of a Catholic priest, Fr. Cajetan Mary da Bergamo, whose "Humility of the Heart" is also a classic. Their writings give true representation to the Words of Christ, "Let your Light so shine before men that they may see your Good Works and give Glory to the Father Who is in Heaven".

      Further, considering that the need to give a wide coverage to noble & divine thoughts that promotes the Kingdom of God in modern-day world cannot be over-emphasized, instead of giving the link to the entire work (of "Humility of the Heart"), the same will be shared with the readers in small readable portions each week. However, should any of the readers be interested in reading the entire work in one-go, I will be happy to email it to them as well.

      By the way, it appears that there were some challenges in my accessing this Yahoo Group posting website in the last 24 hours or so, due to which such of my weekly postings got slightly delayed. Apologies for the same.

      Yours in Christ!

      John Jacob
      Pune