The Malankara World Journal Issue 156 - Theme: Kingdom of God

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2013

      The Malankara World Journal Issue 156 - Theme: Kingdom of God - (August 8, 2013) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 156
      Theme: Kingdom of God

      1. Bible Readings for This Sunday (August 11)

      Bible Readings For The First Sunday after the Festival of Transfiguration

      2. Sermons for This Sunday (August 11)

      Sermons for the First Sunday After Transfiguration

      3. Church Calendar

      4. Featured: Understanding the Kingdom

      When God comes first, all of life is different. Our foundations for living are rock solid, our relationships are cemented with the love of God and our destiny is forever intertwined with that of Jesus Christ! ...

      The kingdom of heaven is where God reigns. God is in charge. That means no one else is reigning or in charge. And if we look seriously at how human beings have done while reigning and being in charge - we may break into worship about this truth! ...

      5. What is the Kingdom Like?

      To what would you compare the Kingdom of Heaven? It is like finding the technology stock you bought in the 1980s for $50 and suddenly realizing you are a millionaire. It is like the owner of DeBeers finally finding the perfect diamond and selling a billion dollar empire to have it. It is like the harassed physician tired of the HMOs, selling home and BMW and finding bliss in a mission in Congo. It is like the crack addict waking up with a clear head and is free to choose a new life. ...

      6. Parable of the Lamp: A Commentary and Meditation

      There is great freedom and joy for those who live in God's light and who seek this truth. Those who listen to God and heed his voice will receive more from him. Do you know the joy and freedom of living in God's light? ...

      7. Kingdoms in Conflict

      "Your kingdom come" is not a passive prayer. If you ever decide to make the kingdom of God the first priority in your life, you may not become a missionary, but you will become fundamentally different from the world around you. ...

      8. Wanted

      A time like this demands
      Strong minds, great hearts, true faith and ready hands. ...

      9. Pastoral Prayer

      Give us eyes of faith to see beyond the dark horizon of this present
      darkness into the light of a new day. Open our spirits more fully to the
      joy that lies beyond the trial, in the courts of your eternal love. ...

      10. Health: Physicians Share Tips To Prevent And Correct Signs of Aging

      "Increasingly, both men and women have anxiety about looking older, but the good news is that science has developed natural tools to help us look younger longer," say Drs. Rick and Arlene Noodleman, the husband-and-wife physician team at Silicon Valley's Age Defying Dermatology. ...

      11. Family Special: Help for a Shaky Marriage

      The psalmist tells us that through all of the turbulence, God is with us. God is our refuge and strength when problems shake our world. He has such awesome power that the world actually melts at the sound of his voice. God is in control and will be exalted. ...

      12. World Leaders Should Unite to End Anti-Christian Persecution, Vladimir Putin Says

      Vladimir Putin has urged the world's political leaders to stop the violent persecutions against Christians that have erupted in many Middle Eastern countries. ...

      13. How to Deal with People Who are Jealous of Your Success

      My advice is to gently separate yourself from those jealous, negative people and have as little to do with them as possible. The fact is they will drag you down into the muck and mire of their negative attitude, and as an entrepreneur, you just don't need that. I also avoid doing things that will trigger jealousy in others, such as making ostentatious purchases. ...

      14. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Malankara World Journal