10211Malankara World Journal Issue 226, Theme: Independence Day

    Jul 3, 2014

      Malankara World Journal Issue 226, Theme: Independence Day (July 3, 2014)

      The Malankara World Journal Issue 226 (July 3, 2014) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 226

      1. Bible Readings for This Sunday (July 6)

      Bible Readings For The Fourth Sunday After Pentecost
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_4th_sunday-after-pentecost.htm

      2. Sermons for This Sunday (July 6)

      Sermons For The Fourth Sunday After Pentecost

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_4th-sunday-after-Pentecost.htm

      3. Inspiration for Today: A Beautiful Doxology

      Life is more than a grueling endurance test. Life is more than a survival game. Life is more than a coping competition. ..

      4. Featured: Channels of Compassion: Reflection on St. Matthew 14:13-21

      We'll probably never know for sure exactly what happened that day by the Sea of Galilee, but I think this might point us in a direction. When we remain excessively focused on maintaining our boundaries, when we stay in our fears that there will not be enough or perhaps we aren't good enough, when we just want to send others away to fend themselves, we inevitably withhold the loving kindness and compassion that we have been so generously given. On the other hand, when we let go our fears and concerns about our own well being - at least when the situation calls for it - and open our hearts to the people we encounter with a giving spirit, we become channels of the divine compassion that can have a truly miraculous effect. ...

      5. Independence Day

      If we spend some time reflecting on how we feel no longer to have to deal with judgment and burdens of guilt, then we can understand why Christianity is a religion of joy and confidence. It is a future oriented, not a backward oriented faith. It propels us away from ourselves to find those who themselves long to be set free. Such positive feelings clear the table for us as we seek now to understand oppression and freedom in the political sense. ...

      6. Toward Freedom

      But taking an honest look at how freedom is exercised in the Western world means turning a careful ear to this critique from those looking in from the outside. The belief that individual freedom to do, be, or say whatever we want is often cut off and isolated any thoughtfulness towards community consequences or responsibility. Sadly, freedom is rarely viewed as an opportunity to serve others. ...

      7. The Sweetest Sound

      There is a story that Hebrew families tell their children to help them understand the fourth commandment. The fourth commandment reads, "Six days you shall labor but on the seventh you shall rest." The story is called, "The Sweetest Sound." The main character in the story is King Ruben. It goes something like this. ...

      8. Poem: The Irresistible Music of My Mind

      9. Family Special: Your Unique Role

      God has a unique place of ministry for each of us. It is important to your sense of fulfillment that you realize exactly where that place is. The key is to discover the roles you occupy in which you cannot be replaced, and then decide to be what God wants you to be in those roles. ...

      10. Family Special: Work-Life Balance - Interesting Perspective from the CEO of PepsiCo

      While interviewing Indra K. Nooyi, the CEO of PepsiCo, at the Aspen Ideas Festival Monday, David Bradley, who owns The Atlantic, asked two questions that elicited as frank a discussion of work-life balance as I've seen from a U.S. CEO. Below is a lightly edited transcript. ...

      11. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/

      Malankara World Journal