10187Malankara World Journal Issue 218, Theme:Mother's Day

    May 9, 2014

      Malankara World Journal Issue 218, Theme:Mother's Day (May 9, 2014)

      The Malankara World Journal Issue 218 (May 9, 2014) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 218
      Mother's Day

      1. Foreword: Mother's Day

      The best example of a biblical mother is St. Mary. Mary knew how to develop Jesus without interfering with his plans for the salvation of mankind. She was with him when he needed her; but gave him the room when he needed it. Mary's story reminds us that being mother is not a cake walk; it requires many sacrifices. ...

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (May 11)

      Bible Reading for 2nd Sunday After New Sunday
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_2nd-sunday-after-new-sunday.htm

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (May 11)

      Sermons for the 2nd Sunday After New Sunday
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_2nd-sunday-after-new-sunday.htm

      4. Inspiration for Today

      I have the highest respect and admiration for those who are blessed to be called mothers. There is no assignment on earth that requires the array of skills and understanding needed by a mom in fulfilling her everyday duties....

      5. Featured: The Love of a Mother by Fr. Altier

      There would be no putting love into practice if we did not have a means to be able to learn it in the first place, and that comes from our mothers. That is the commandment that Jesus gave us: We are to love one another as He had loved us. Where do we learn that except from our mothers? More than any place, for most people, they learn love from a mom. All of us, every single one of us, learned love at its beginning by dwelling for nine months listening to the beautiful sound of a heartbeat, the beating heart of our own mother. That was the sound that permeated our life more than any other for nine full months. Every single second of our existence for nine months, we heard constantly that rhythmic beat. ...

      6. Motherhood: Part of God's Plan for the Family

      Motherhood is a beautiful gift from God because Psalm 127:3 tells us that "children are a heritage from the Lord." I found that when I was carrying those precious unborn babies right under my heart they brought me to a very close relationship with my Heavenly Father. ...

      Motherhood is a great calling and can be a rich blessing if you follow the biblical teaching for the family as God has commanded in His Word. God has raised the worth of a woman to enable her to be the kind of mother that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father. ...

      7. Mom, I want to be just like you.

      That night, she lay sleeping in front of the television after a hard day taking care of everyone. Her tired hands crossed in front of her chest as her glasses were barely still on her face. I kneeled down and kissed her and whispered in her ear, "I would be truly blessed if I grew up and became just like you."

      Thank you mother for unconditional love all of my life, and for modeling and being a person I would be proud to be one day. ...

      8. Poem: Mother's Prayers Have Followed Me

      9. A Mother's Prayer

      Every child benefits from someone who believes in him, and the younger the child, the more important it is to have high expectations.
      You may not have an Einstein, but your child has great possibilities!
      Expect the best and chances are, that's exactly what you'll get. ...

      10. Poem: Mother

      11. Mother's Day Sermon - A Wider View

      There is something special about mothers, motherhood, and mothering. There is! And for the millionth time in my life, I'm going to emphasize this special quality of mothering is not limited to mothers or even to women. It is an attitude. It is an approach to life. It is a quality. It is a gift experienced across the generations, across the genders, across the roles of daily lie. Birth mothers, adoptive mothers, step mothers foster mothers, Godmothers, grandmothers … these are the most obvious. But also aunts, friends, coaches, teachers. But also all the male equivalents: uncles, stepfathers, grandfathers, yes, even other kids, and even church members.

      Jesus was very clear: "Whoever does the will of my Father in Heaven, whoever does God's will makes this world a tiny bit better, a tiny bit more Christ-like, a tiny bit more motherly, "That person, Jesus said, "That kind of person is like my mother. That's my family." ...

      12. Humor: Mother's Milk

      13. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/

      Malankara World Journal