10131Malankara World Journal Issue 192, Theme: Love of God (Jan 23, 2014)

    Jan 22, 2014

      Malankara World Journal Issue 192, Theme: Love of God (Jan 23, 2014)

      The Malankara World Journal Issue 192 (Jan 23, 2014) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 192
      Theme: Love of God

      1. Foreword

      In the last 10 weeks, we had been analyzing the story of Patriarch Joseph, the Old Testament Hero, whose life closely mirrors that of Jesus Christ in the New Testament. What was most impressive about Joseph was that he had absolute trust in God and had no desire for revenge towards his brothers, who certainly had wronged him and deserved retribution. Joseph merely submitted to the plan of God, saying,

      "You meant evil against me, but God meant it for good." (Genesis 50:20).

      In this issue, we present the last chapter in this series written by Dr. Ray Pritchard. Ray says that Joseph could rise and be forgiving to his brothers and others who treated him bad, because Joseph saw the imprint of God everywhere. It is the providence of God, as he explains. I am sure you are captivated by the story telling ability of Dr. Pritchard and feel a sense of loss at the conclusion of the series. Next week, we will present an article by Monsgr Charles Pope, another of my favorite Christian writers, analyzing the life of Joseph from the 'suffering' perspective. ...

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (January 26)

      Bible Readings For The Third Sunday after Denho (Baptism of our Lord)
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_3rd_sunday_after_Denho.htm

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (January 26)

      Sermons for the Third Sunday After Denho
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_3rd-sunday-after-denaha.htm

      4. Inspiration for Today: Joseph, The Dreamer

      As you listen to the prologue from Joseph, the Narrator reminds us that in order to make a dream come true we must think it, want it, dream it, and feel it, before it becomes real. The more 'emotion' that we can put into the planning and implementation of the dream, the quicker it will materialize in our reality. We must act in order to actualize the dreams we want to capture. ...

      5. Story of Joseph - 10: Can You Trust God With the Details of Your Life?

      As we have journeyed through Joseph's story, I have been impressed over and over again that the real hero of Joseph's story is not Joseph. It's God. Joseph's life illustrates perhaps better than any other story in the Bible a profound truth:

      "For we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28 NKJV).

      In many ways Joseph's whole life is the Old Testament illustration of this profound New Testament truth. Deep in our hearts we know that Romans 8:28 must be true. ...

      6. God So Loved The World

      Whoever takes up fire and flame in the cause of truth has not yet learned truth as it really is. When he has truly learned it then he will cease to be inflamed because of it. God's gift, and the knowledge bestowed by this gift, are never motives for being troubled or raising one's voice. For wherever the Spirit dwells with love and humility is a place where peace alone reigns...

      7. The Immensity of God's Love for You

      Yet, when it comes to the love of God, that ocean is simply a drop. God's love is so vast, so full, and so powerful that anything else we consider 'big' pales in comparison to its grandeur. And the best part is that this wonderful love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit. ...

      8. Jesus, World's Greatest Lover

      To know and comprehend Christ's love for us, let us compare it to the love of a man. And to magnify our Lord we shall imagine the richest, noblest, kindest, and most perfect man possible. Let us also imagine a poor, despised, and ugly single woman, though such an object is far superior to us as sinners. And we cannot forget that our Jesus is Jehovah God, the eternal Creator, made flesh. Maybe by this imperfect method we shall glimpse a little glimmer of His glorious love. ...

      9. Loved, No Matter What

      Pat mirrored the character of our heavenly Father when he vowed to always love Mitch and never let him go. Pat was saying to our son as God says to us, "No matter what, I'm here for you."

      What a beautiful picture of our key verse. "We love because he first loved us." ...

      10. Love Will Lift You

      Sometimes nothing can lift our hearts like the love of God. Friends abandon us. Colleagues try to bypass us. Even our families may fail to understand us. But God's love for us never changes.

      Even when we act unlovable, God continues to love us. When we are undesirable, He embraces us. When it seems that the world has turned against us, God's love remains. He has promised never to leave us hopeless. ...

      11. In The Face of Terrorism and Persecution, Love Wins

      While fear is an easy place to jump to and can be motivating, it is usually negative and has a short burn. So, my friend, today I challenge you to choose the eternal motivator: love.

      Truly inspired leaders leverage love to inspire others into optimism, action and spreading joy. Love changes individual lives, unites families and transforms organizations. It's important to remember this simple truth when choosing between living in fear or love: love wins. ...

      12. Health: Effects of Sugar (Glucose) on Skin

      Most people today know antioxidants to be an effective method of fighting age, but few are aware of the biological process underlying for most skin damage – and what directly addresses the problem, says skin-care expert Ron Cummings.

      "The word that has been on the minds of dermatologists and other skin-care researchers for many years is glycation, which is what happens on the cellular level to age our skin," says Cummings. ...

      13. Recipe: Moroccan-Spiced Carrot and Sorghum Soup

      Moroccan-Spiced Carrot and Sorghum Soup is creamy, hearty and chewy -- all, amazingly, without feeling overly heavy. There will be no leftovers. ..

      14. Family Special: Three Ways to Improve Our Parenting Skills

      We go to school anywhere from 12 to 20 years or more to prepare us for our jobs, yet there's no training for the most difficult job any of us will ever have: being a mom or a dad. You have to pick it up as you go. We do some things right, and we mess other things up. More often than not, I feel like I must be doing something wrong as a father when I don't see my children acting the exact way I want them to.

      The key is learning from our mistakes. Here are three simple things that we can focus on in the new year that could have a big impact on our children. ...

      15. Personhood, Grace, and the Sanctity of Human Life

      Abortion is a polarizing issue in our culture: a moral, political, and religious dividing line that separates ethicists, citizens, and even professing Christians. ...In order to understand the thinking of people who believe abortion is morally permissible, we have to understand the moral arguments pro-choice people make in defense of their position... Their definition of when a fetus is a person...

      But a deeper problem with Warren's (and Singer's) definitions of personhood is that they place the inherent worth and value (and thus right to life) in a human beings capacities - capacities of consciousness, rationality, inclination, activity, communication, and self-awareness.

      But unique as they are, these capacities are not the most unique things about human beings, nor are they the basis of one's personhood, value, or human rights. The most unique thing about human beings is their distinct relationship to God as their Creator. Human beings are made imago Dei - in the image of God. And the distinctive thing about that relationship is that it depends not on our capacities of consciousness, rationality, or whatever, but on something much deeper and more fundamental to our existence: being known by God. ...

      16. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/

      Malankara World Journal