FW: 2 Foot Gauge Steam in Sandy River Country!

  • pieter_roos@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5 8:10 AM
      Forwarded from the New England Railfan Forum. I know only what you see
      here, but thought this would be of interest.

      Pieter

      2 Foot Gauge Steam in Sandy River Country!

      Posted by SK (TS1@...) on Sat, Sep 1, 01 at 23:05

      As part of the Town of Strong Bicentennial, arrangements have be
      made to bring Monson #3 up from the Maine Narrow Gauge Museum in
      Portland to run for the weekend of September 29th and 30th, 2001. The
      SR&RL Museum in Phillips is supporting this activity by loaning 600
      feet of 40 lb rail. This rail will be laid on cedar ties resulting in
      300 feet of track on a portion of the old roadbed in Strong.
      Please come out and support this event! It is the first two
      footer under steam in Franklin County since the SR&RL scrap train
      dropped its fire in Farmington in 1936! As a bonus, the SR&RL operates
      that weekend (both days) so come to both Strong and Phillips, enjoy
      the foliage, and catch the smell of coal smoke.