Re: New Book for Narrow Gauge fans

  • John
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 23, 2013
      Just a quick note-I shouldn't write messages while I'm half asleep- I just found out that "Benchmark Publications" will connect you to a military book publisher, not the one I was trying to send you to. I should have included the following e-mail address for the book. Try e-mailing Benchmark at www.bobhayden.com I had no idea that "Benchmark Publications" wouldn't work. I also saw that I messed up when I said that I got involved with the narrow gauge hobby in 1990-it was actually 2000. Boy, thirteen years go by fast....I will say that as I have time to peruse the new book, it's a great read. John Tumolo Britcarfan@...
    • stuart
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 24, 2013
        well thats 2 books i would like (j devos vol 3 is the other) the biggest
        problem is the shipping to the UK.
        both books about $60 each. shipping about $60 each which just about doubles
        the price.
        what is it with shipping to the UK from the states its a rip off.
        i just got a book via fishpond the rrp was about £45. they charged me £18
        including shipping, when i checked
        it was shipped from australia for free.

        i just hope one of our UK booksellers get both books.

        stuart UK

        > Just a quick note-I shouldn't write messages while I'm half asleep- I just
        > found out that "Benchmark Publications" will connect you to a military
        > book publisher, not the one I was trying to send you to. I should have
        > included the following e-mail address for the book. Try e-mailing
        > Benchmark at www.bobhayden.com I had no idea that "Benchmark
        > Publications" wouldn't work. I also saw that I messed up when I said that
        > I got involved with the narrow gauge hobby in 1990-it was actually 2000.
        > Boy, thirteen years go by fast....I will say that as I have time to peruse
        > the new book, it's a great read. John Tumolo
        > Britcarfan@...

      • Peter Lenz
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 24, 2013
          As a 16mm modeler in the States - the shipping costs don't decrease going the other way either. It really eats into my budget - I'd love to spend more on the trains themselves - it's just that the shipping is so $^$^%$ high!

          > Just a quick note-I shouldn't write messages while I'm half asleep- I just
          > found out that "Benchmark Publications" will connect you to a military
          > book publisher, not the one I was trying to send you to. I should have
          > included the following e-mail address for the book. Try e-mailing
          > Benchmark at www.bobhayden.com I had no idea that "Benchmark
          > Publications" wouldn't work. I also saw that I messed up when I said that
          > I got involved with the narrow gauge hobby in 1990-it was actually 2000.
          > Boy, thirteen years go by fast....I will say that as I have time to peruse
          > the new book, it's a great read. John Tumolo
          > Britcarfan@...

        • thanksgiving71
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 24, 2013
            All

            Regarding Sandy River and Rangley Lakes Railroad and Predecessors, Volume 3, given that the US mail will only send packages via air, not surface, I am offering a special price of USD 90.00 including the packaging and postage to the UK, Australia, and others overseas. To Canada USD 79.00

            Accepting Paypal payments to: jdevos99@...

            Delivery about March 30 perhaps sooner.

            Thanks for your support

            Jerry DeVos