New Book for Narrow Gauge fans

  • John
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 20, 2013
      Today's mail brought me a copy of the newly published "Extra Narrow Gauge Junction", a compilation of the late Dick Andrews stories that were published in Narrow Gauge and Shortlines Gazette 15 + years ago. I came late to the dance, and only started reading NG&SLG in 1990, so I missed out on these. I had been lucky enough to read some of the old editions, and really liked what I read, so it's really nice to have them all together in one book. Check with Benchmark Publications if you want a copy. Not affilated in any way, just a fan - especially when I see something worthwhile. John Tumolo Britcarfan@...
    • John
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 23, 2013
        Just a quick note-I shouldn't write messages while I'm half asleep- I just found out that "Benchmark Publications" will connect you to a military book publisher, not the one I was trying to send you to. I should have included the following e-mail address for the book. Try e-mailing Benchmark at www.bobhayden.com I had no idea that "Benchmark Publications" wouldn't work. I also saw that I messed up when I said that I got involved with the narrow gauge hobby in 1990-it was actually 2000. Boy, thirteen years go by fast....I will say that as I have time to peruse the new book, it's a great read. John Tumolo Britcarfan@...
      • stuart
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 24, 2013
          well thats 2 books i would like (j devos vol 3 is the other) the biggest
          problem is the shipping to the UK.
          both books about $60 each. shipping about $60 each which just about doubles
          the price.
          what is it with shipping to the UK from the states its a rip off.
          i just got a book via fishpond the rrp was about £45. they charged me £18
          including shipping, when i checked
          it was shipped from australia for free.

          i just hope one of our UK booksellers get both books.

          stuart UK

          > Just a quick note-I shouldn't write messages while I'm half asleep- I just
          > found out that "Benchmark Publications" will connect you to a military
          > book publisher, not the one I was trying to send you to. I should have
          > included the following e-mail address for the book. Try e-mailing
          > Benchmark at www.bobhayden.com I had no idea that "Benchmark
          > Publications" wouldn't work. I also saw that I messed up when I said that
          > I got involved with the narrow gauge hobby in 1990-it was actually 2000.
          > Boy, thirteen years go by fast....I will say that as I have time to peruse
          > the new book, it's a great read. John Tumolo
          > Britcarfan@...

        • Peter Lenz
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 24, 2013
            As a 16mm modeler in the States - the shipping costs don't decrease going the other way either. It really eats into my budget - I'd love to spend more on the trains themselves - it's just that the shipping is so $^$^%$ high!

            > Just a quick note-I shouldn't write messages while I'm half asleep- I just
            > found out that "Benchmark Publications" will connect you to a military
            > book publisher, not the one I was trying to send you to. I should have
            > included the following e-mail address for the book. Try e-mailing
            > Benchmark at www.bobhayden.com I had no idea that "Benchmark
            > Publications" wouldn't work. I also saw that I messed up when I said that
            > I got involved with the narrow gauge hobby in 1990-it was actually 2000.
            > Boy, thirteen years go by fast....I will say that as I have time to peruse
            > the new book, it's a great read. John Tumolo
            > Britcarfan@...

          • thanksgiving71
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 24, 2013
              All

              Regarding Sandy River and Rangley Lakes Railroad and Predecessors, Volume 3, given that the US mail will only send packages via air, not surface, I am offering a special price of USD 90.00 including the packaging and postage to the UK, Australia, and others overseas. To Canada USD 79.00

              Accepting Paypal payments to: jdevos99@...

              Delivery about March 30 perhaps sooner.

              Thanks for your support

              Jerry DeVos