SR&RL Financial Plea

  • jrtroup@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2012
      As many of you know, the SR&RL leased Maine Narrow Gauge's Monson #3 back in 2008 so the SR&RL could retube the boiler and operate her on the SR&RL on a 15 year lease agreement.  The good news is that we expect her back on the property shortly as the boiler has passed it's preliminary hydro test.  The bad news is that the SR&RL is now totally broke having spent over $100,000 rather than the $25,000 anticipated due to a long list of unanticipated expenses.

      I beg all of you to visit:
      and make whatever donation you can.  Do you know steam fans not on this list?  If so, please pass this along.  We estimate that it will take $25,000 just to get us out of the financial hole this project has put us in.  That does not count the fact that all other major projects have stopped for lack of money.

      Please help!

      Bob Troup
      Secretary, SR&RL RR