2-footer coupler "shank" info/drawings ?

  • Loco112
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2011
      Does anyone have any accurate info on the coupler shanks used on the 2-footer RR's freight and passenger cars?

      There are at least two shanks on the Maine 2-footers, and these seem to account for most of the SR&RL and later lived 2-footers. The Edaville probably has mostly these two.

      One shank has two-rivets attaching the yoke to the butt, and the other version uses three-rivets and (it might also have a a slightly longer butt surface).

      There is a three-rivet version on one of the surviving WW&F passenger cars. I know, I can go up to the WW&F, but that will have to wait until next Spring, and this shank info is needed sooner if possible.

      Thanks All!

      loco112