Turner Center Creamery

  • Phil Bourguignon
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2009
      It seems like there is some new blood in the 2 groups so I thought I'd ask a question which the long-timers may recall I've brought up before.  Pictures of the Turner Center Creamery in Wiscasset show an interesting structure on the west wall.  Near the river side of the building there is some sort of a device attahed to the side wall.  It may be a lift of some kind, perhaps for ice or coal but I've never figured it out.  I've asked a number of persons and no one seems to know.  Its in a number of references but the one I have handy at the moment in Narrow Gauge in the Sheepscot valley Vol.1.  See page 35, 2 lower photos.  I even asked one of the authors, Gary Kohler. at the Maine convention if he could tell what it was.  He didn't, but he did autograph my copy of volume 4 (which also has a got picture of this unidentified item).  Anyone know?
      Phil

      Phil B