Re: Bachmann conversion

  • jimprovidenza
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2009
      Geren,
      If you can share, is the mechanism suitable for reducing to 2 foot gauge - either 32 or 30mm? To put the question another way, are the motor and drivers encased in a motor block (ala LGB) or set up like an HO mechanism like Bachmann's 1:20.3 outside frame 2-8-0?

      Jim Providenza

      --- In MaineTwoFooters@yahoogroups.com, "Geren W. Mortensen, Jr." <gerenm@...> wrote:

      > I can tell you that the model is gorgeous. I had the pre-production
      > samples in my hands to do the instruction manual photographs.
      > Absolutely gorgeous models. If I were in "large scale", I'd have to
      > have at least one.

    • Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 2, 2009
        Jim,

        I don't think there's enough play to make up 13 or 15 mm of gauge reduction. Maybe on the outside frame, but it would be iffy.

        Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
        Columbia, Maryland  USA

        Visit the Central Maryland Photographers' Guild

        Visit MADModules.com -- The home of On30 Modular Railroading on the web!

        On Sep 2, 2009, at 6:45 PM, jimprovidenza wrote:

        Geren,
        If you can share, is the mechanism suitable for reducing to 2 foot gauge - either 32 or 30mm? To put the question another way, are the motor and drivers encased in a motor block (ala LGB) or set up like an HO mechanism like Bachmann's 1:20.3 outside frame 2-8-0?

        Jim Providenza

        --- In MaineTwoFooters@ yahoogroups. com, "Geren W. Mortensen, Jr." <gerenm@...> wrote:

        > I can tell you that the model is gorgeous. I had the pre-production
        > samples in my hands to do the instruction manual photographs.
        > Absolutely gorgeous models. If I were in "large scale", I'd have to
        > have at least one.

      • jimprovidenza
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 3, 2009
          Geren,
          "Iffy" is much better than "Not". Possbile is good! This will bear investigating then. Thanks,