Re: [MaineTwoFooters] Re: --- Wales 2 Footers and learning lessons for the Maine 2 footers.

  • Colin Rainsbury
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6, 2008
      cvra7. Said

      Colin, we have a similar ownership-operating organization here in the
      States with my primary "broad (4 ft 8-1/2 in) gauge" group, the
      Railroad Museum of New England, a historical not-for-profit railway
      society. The RMNE set up the Naugatuck Railroad Company in 1995 to
      lease 21 miles of trackage owned by the state of Connecticut. The
      Naugatuck Railroad Company issued one share of stock and that is
      owned by the RMNE. (The "Naugy" uses the original company name for
      that stretch of line, originally built in 1848.) The state requires
      this type of organization as they have no way of regulating a railway
      museum but they can regulate a railroad company.

      Ah now that help's me to understand how it works Stateside

      Thnaks for that

      Regards

      Colin Rainsbury