Re: On2 module height, etc ?
- --- In MaineTwoFooters@egroups.com, "Jim Pitts" <jimpitts@m...> wrote:
> On2 foot modules. What is recommended for standard dimension?
> Jim Pitts
On2 Module Standards
As Proposed by Mark Hall
1. The standards as proposed here, are based on typical NMRA HO
2. The electrical connectors are radio shack #274-201 and
3. The wide pin is connected to the outside rail, which
is common when viewed from the public side. The male
connector is on the right side, the female on the left.
4. Legs are 38 1/2 " long, 1 ½" square, with 5/16" tee nut in
the end and a 3" carriage bolt for height adjustment.
5. Height to railhead from floor 42".
6. Recommended plywood is luan mahogany, because of its lack of
7. All joints are glued and screwed together with drywall screws.
8. Roadbed is ¼" thick by 1 5/16" wide lattice strip and stops 4
½" from each end.
9. Sub-roadbed is ¾" thick x 3" wide plywood. Track centerline
is 8" from viewing side.
10. Ties are 1/8" square by 1 ¼" long. Rail is code 83 nickel
11. Bridge track are 9" long and are built-up in the same fashion
as the roadbed.
Source: Maine 2-FOOT Modeler, Spring 1994 Issue #43
There were some drawings from the article that I will scan and post
to the MaineOn2 group files tonight. Gary Kohler has given me
permission to post them.
I agree with Bill Uffelman response that the module height should be
changed to 48" rail head to floor.
Jim, do you belong to the MaineOn2 group? We should maybe move this
that group, to see if there are other changes that people would like
to see? ( I suspect most of them belong to this group as well ;^) )
regards Bill Kerr