Re: Source for custom loco drivers

  • Bill Kerr
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
      If you have ever wondered what a 3D printer was, check out their
      link. Allows very rapid prototyping of parts from a drawing.
      http://pacificlocomotive.com/catalog3.0.html

      Regards Bill

      --- In MaineTwoFooters@yahoogroups.com, Wesley Ewell
      <twofootartist@...> wrote:

      > What a terrific resource! Thank you, Ian. -Wes Ewell

    • ed_kowal
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2006
        Hi Bill.

        If you look really carefully at the parts produced, and compare them
        prototype castings, the scale parts will be too lumpy.

        You may also notice that the lettering "Baldwin Disc Wheel" on the
        yellow image doesn't compare to that actually produced on either the
        the green wax part or the brass part.

        And "Forgive the surface texture, the digital camera is unforgiving!"

        Isn't the point of the digital camera to give a true image of the
        (lumpy and out of scale) surface texture in the first place?

        -Ed