Re: [mulina book? Kinkos product

  • Bill Kerr
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1, 2006
      > Thank goodness for that as your stuff is crap.
      >
      > Gary Kohler
      > M2FQ Publications

      Gary, I am stepping in as a moderator and stating this has crossed
      the line of good behavior for this group.

      Members should always remain respectful of each other and if there
      are negative comments to be made, they should be delivered in a
      constructive manner.

      Gary, Tim's comment may have been slightly curt, but he made his
      position clear as to the working relationship between the two of you.

      This is a good time to remind everyone that this group is a forum
      for the exchange of information about the Maine Two Foot railroads
      in a positive, constructive manner. Attacks on members, their
      models, or their products will not be tolerated.

      Regards Bill Kerr
    • Lloyd Day
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1, 2006
        Thank you, Bill!!!
        LD
        > Thank goodness for that as your stuff is crap.
        >
        > Gary Kohler
        > M2FQ Publications

        Gary, I am stepping in as a moderator and stating this has crossed
        the line of good behavior for this group.

        Members should always remain respectful of each other and if there
        are negative comments to be made, they should be delivered in a
        constructive manner.

        Gary, Tim's comment may have been slightly curt, but he made his
        position clear as to the working relationship between the two of you.

        This is a good time to remind everyone that this group is a forum
        for the exchange of information about the Maine Two Foot railroads
        in a positive, constructive manner. Attacks on members, their
        models, or their products will not be tolerated.

        Regards  Bill Kerr

      • John Simon
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 1, 2006
          Thank you for this message Bill. I was feeling like doing a similar
          thing myself.
          Totally uncalled for.

          73, John de VK2XGJ
          The cannibal adored children.
          He loved the platter of tiny feet.

          >> Thank goodness for that as your stuff is crap.
          >>
          >> Gary Kohler
          >> M2FQ Publications
          >>

          > Gary, I am stepping in as a moderator and stating this has crossed
          > the line of good behavior for this group.
          >
          > Members should always remain respectful of each other and if there
          > are negative comments to be made, they should be delivered in a
          > constructive manner.
          >
          > Gary, Tim's comment may have been slightly curt, but he made his
          > position clear as to the working relationship between the two of you.
          >
          > This is a good time to remind everyone that this group is a forum
          > for the exchange of information about the Maine Two Foot railroads
          > in a positive, constructive manner. Attacks on members, their
          > models, or their products will not be tolerated.
          >
          > Regards Bill Kerr

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > --

        • Darryl Sleszynski
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 3, 2006
            Sorry to resurrect an issue that seems to have died down, but I'd like to have my say on this, and this is my first opportunity as I was at the Midwest narrow gauge event this past weekend.  From reviewing the posts to this list, it appears to me that it was all sparked by Lloyd Day's suggestion of posting an advertisement to a list owned by M2FQ publications, in some sense a competitor to BHI (admittedly a subjective view, but one I'm sure is shared by Gary).  It's also quite clear to me this was done intentionally to 'stir the pot' given his previous personal comments directed at Gary, though he was unnamed in prior posts.  I find this uncalled for as well, as I stated the first time.  I won't bother commenting on the resulting fallout other than to say that Gary's contributions to research and preservation of Maine narrow gauge speak for themselves over a thirty year period, something not remotely true of anyone else involved in this 'discussion'.  Also, I'm sure any other comments would be colored by the fact that Gary has been a good friend for upwards of 25 years now.

            Darryl Sleszynski

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 3, 2006
              Darryl Sleszynski writes:

              > Sorry to resurrect an issue that seems to have died down, but I'd like to
              > have my say on this, and this is my first opportunity as I was at the
              > Midwest narrow gauge event this past weekend. YES, THE DUST HAD PRETTY MUCH SETTLED BUT SO MUCH FOR THAT. From reviewing the posts to
              > this list, it appears to me that it was all sparked by Lloyd Day's
              > suggestion of posting an advertisement to a list owned by M2FQ publications,
              > in some sense a competitor to BHI (admittedly a subjective view, but one I'm
              > sure is shared by Gary). It's also quite clear to me this was done
              > intentionally to 'stir the pot' given his previous personal comments
              > directed at Gary, though he was unnamed in prior posts.THIS WAS NOT DONE TO "STIR THE POT" AS YOU SAY BUT TO SPREAD THE INFORMATION. I HAVE BOUGHT TIM'S BOOKS AND FIND THEM INFORMATIVE AND INTERESTING AS ARE THE ONES FROM GARY. I AM SORY IF YOU TOOK IT THIS WAY. I find this
              > uncalled for as well, as I stated the first time. I won't bother commenting
              > on the resulting fallout other than to say that Gary's contributions to
              > research and preservation of Maine narrow gauge speak for themselves over a
              > thirty year period, something not remotely true of anyone else involved in
              > this 'discussion'.DOES THAT CONDONE OR APPROVE OF GARY'S ABUSIVE AND SNIPPY "CRAP" COMMENTS? DO YOU CONDONE THIS KIND OF ABUSE IN YOUR HOUSE??? SOME APPEAR TO PUT UP WITH HIS TIRADES IN THE INTEREST OF MODEL RAILROADING. Also, I'm sure any other comments would be colored by
              > the fact that Gary has been a good friend for upwards of 25 years now.I'M SURE YOU'RE RIGHT. AND I AGAIN AM SORRY THAT AN ATTEMPT TO FURTHER THIS NICHE HOBBY HAS TURNED SOUR. I APOLIGIZE FOR MY PART IN THE DISCUSSION BUT I HAVE NEVER CALLED ANY OF MY COMPETITORS PRODUCT "CRAP"!
              >
              > Darryl Sleszynski

            • Lloyd &
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 3, 2006
                Darryl Sleszynski writes:
                From reviewing the posts to this list, it appears to me that it was all
                sparked by Lloyd Day's suggestion of posting an advertisement to a list
                owned by M2FQ publications

                Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that Yahoo owns that list!
              • Darryl Sleszynski
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 3, 2006

                  Probably true in a very literal sense, but how much effort has Yahoo put into creating it, maintaining it, and putting material up on the group site...oh, and weeding out people who insist on making inflammatory comments.
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 3, 2006

                    > Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that Yahoo owns that list!

                    SEMANTICS SEMANTICS SEMANTICS

                    Yahoo only provides the vehicle. List owners are responsible for the
                    content and managing.

                    Making a suggestion to post someone's product on a competitors site.
                    I view was only meant to create a problem.

                    The M2FQ Yahoo group was formed to discuss interests around M2FQ, a
                    commercial interest. It was formed with that intent, and is at the
                    direction of its list owner. And I am sure you knew that!

                    Regards Bill