New Member

  • Brian Millar
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 7, 2006
      Hi All,
      I have just joined the group and I am looking forward to
      interesting discusion about anything narrow gauge. I work as a loco driver
      during the crushing season in Qld. Aust. and fired on steam back in the
      1970's [2 foot gauge steam] and worked most of my life as a Shunter and
      Guard for Queensland Railways. I have been into anything to do with
      railways/railroads ever since I can remember and built my first sratchbuilt
      model at the age of 8yrs. old [ mind you it was only a flat car carved out
      of a solid piece of wood], since that I have slowly built up my skills and
      in the last 20 years have mostly work in brass, building 2 foot gauge models
      of cane locos etc. see: http://www.zelmeroz.com/canesig/model/members.htm
      then go to :-
      Brian Millar's 16mm scale Queensland models: 1955 Comeng Model A, 0-6-0 with
      jackshaft drive ( 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ); QGR H wagon ( 1,
      2 ); and wholestick cane trucks ( wood, steel ).

      Cheers
      Brian Millar
      Mackay Qld. Aust.
      comeng1@...
    • dvwttrs
      Message 2 of 25 , Aug 20 12:55 PM
        Hi All,
        My name is Dave Watters. I live in Medina OH. I have been interested
        in narrow gauge Maine railways for about 30 yrs. I started in On2
        many years ago then left the hobby for some years. About 10 years ago
        I got involved in large scale railroading. I tried 7/8 scale but it
        was not my cup of tea. So I looked into 16mm which is 2ft gauge and
        this suited me just fine. Well along the way, not liking rail power
        trains, I tried Live Steam models. First with a Ruby from Accucraft
        models, then with a Sammie from Roundhouse models. The Sammie was
        32mm but the Ruby was 45mm so this HAD to be changed. The Ruby is now
        a 32mm model and looks something like the WW&F No. 7, with outside
        wheel weights. I have an outside steam track about 20ft by 45ft with
        two steam bays, so if any one in this area has live steam engines in
        32mm and no place to run it, how you have. I would like to have a
        live steam meet next spring, so if there is any interest let me know.

        Thanks for listening,
        Dave

        S: I also have a Accucraft 3cyl. Shay converted to 32mm, a second
        Roundhouse which is 32mm and I am scratch building a 2cyl. boot
        boiler shay in 32mm, all the above are live steam.