G42 Fire wood train to Gembrook

  • s_rebgetz
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 3, 2006
      G42 Fire wood train to Gembrook

      G'Day Folks

      Way back in early december, on the 8th of that month a specail wood
      train was run all the way to Gembrook, this time being the 5th time
      it had made it all the way. On hand were many volunteers to both
      help load wood and capture this trip. Here are my photos from the
      Evening.

      G42 at Lakeside on the return trip (5 second exposures)
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531444.html
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531443.html
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531445.html

      G42 and 21NQR at Cockatoo in Simply stunning sunlight
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531369.html
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531370.html

      Scenes of yesteryear?
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531371.html

      Picking up the 2 passenger cars needed for the trip (11NBHC, 2NBD)
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531265.html

      Picking up more NQR's from the East Loop
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531289.html
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531288.html

      Volunteers loading wood into 3 of the 4 NQR's
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531314.html
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531317.html

      G42 rounding a corner just past the Landslide
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531321.html

      G42 passing by
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531331.html

      The loaded wood train passes over the site of Bridge No6
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531359.html
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531357.html

      146NQR and 21NQR behind G42 at Cockatoo
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531368.html

      Nearing the top of the feilder bank
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531384.html

      Running around at Gembrook
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531400.html

      Ready to re-order the wagons
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531408.html

      Time exposure of G42 at Lakeside
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531437.html
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531438.html
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531436.html
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531435.html

      7A and Crew running the night train
      http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531446.html

      Also i have created a new Gallery for these firewood train pictures
      http://firewoodtrains.fotopic.net

      My Other Gallery's are still around at the following address

      http://puffingbillyphotos.fotopic.net
      http://puffingbillyphotos2.fotopic.net
      http://puffingbillyphotos3.fotopic.net
      http://puffingbillyphotos4.fotopic.net

      Cheers, Stefan
    • stephen king
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 3, 2006
        Hi Stefan,

        I love your pictures, keep 'em coming!

        Cheers,
        Steve King
        Virginia USA

        --- s_rebgetz <srebgetz@...> wrote:

        > G42 Fire wood train to Gembrook
        >
        > G'Day Folks
        >
        > Way back in early december, on the 8th of that month
        > a specail wood
        > train was run all the way to Gembrook, this time
        > being the 5th time
        > it had made it all the way. On hand were many
        > volunteers to both
        > help load wood and capture this trip. Here are my
        > photos from the
        > Evening.
        >
        > G42 at Lakeside on the return trip (5 second
        > exposures)
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531444.html
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531443.html
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531445.html
        >
        > G42 and 21NQR at Cockatoo in Simply stunning
        > sunlight
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531369.html
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531370.html
        >
        > Scenes of yesteryear?
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531371.html
        >
        > Picking up the 2 passenger cars needed for the trip
        > (11NBHC, 2NBD)
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531265.html
        >
        > Picking up more NQR's from the East Loop
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531289.html
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531288.html
        >
        > Volunteers loading wood into 3 of the 4 NQR's
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531314.html
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531317.html
        >
        > G42 rounding a corner just past the Landslide
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531321.html
        >
        > G42 passing by
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531331.html
        >
        > The loaded wood train passes over the site of Bridge
        > No6
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531359.html
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531357.html
        >
        > 146NQR and 21NQR behind G42 at Cockatoo
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531368.html
        >
        > Nearing the top of the feilder bank
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531384.html
        >
        > Running around at Gembrook
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531400.html
        >
        > Ready to re-order the wagons
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531408.html
        >
        > Time exposure of G42 at Lakeside
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531437.html
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531438.html
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531436.html
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531435.html
        >
        > 7A and Crew running the night train
        > http://firewood.fotopic.net/p25531446.html
        >
        > Also i have created a new Gallery for these firewood
        > train pictures
        > http://firewoodtrains.fotopic.net
        >
        > My Other Gallery's are still around at the following
        > address
        >
        > http://puffingbillyphotos.fotopic.net
        > http://puffingbillyphotos2.fotopic.net
        > http://puffingbillyphotos3.fotopic.net
        > http://puffingbillyphotos4.fotopic.net
        >
        > Cheers, Stefan

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Linc
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 8, 2006
          To those interested.

          The Puffing Billy Climax boiler restoration has been completed at our shop
          in Chelatchie, Washington.

          It will soon be shipped back to Oz. Joan and I will be at Puff in December
          to help with the reconstruction.

          The work included a new first course, new front & rear tube sheets, new
          flues, and some patches in the firebox. She should be got for another 25
          years or more.

          Linc & Joan Reed-Nickerson
          Chelatchie Boiler Works USA
        • John Simon
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 9, 2006
            May the Bird of Paradise forever fly above you. I'm looking forward to
            seeing the Climax back in service.
            Opps, better keep in focus. I'm expecting my 16mm SR&RL #10 live stem to
            land at my house next week.

            John de VK2XGJ
            Why do you press the buttons harder on the remote
            when you know the batteries are dead?

            > The Puffing Billy Climax boiler restoration has been completed at our
            shop
            > in Chelatchie, Washington.
            >
            > It will soon be shipped back to Oz. Joan and I will be at Puff in
            December
            > to help with the reconstruction.
            >
            > The work included a new first course, new front & rear tube sheets, new
            > flues, and some patches in the firebox. She should be got for another
            25
            > years or more.
            >
            > Linc & Joan Reed-Nickerson
            > Chelatchie Boiler Works USA
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >

            > --

          • Robert Waters
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 9, 2006
              I'm curious, is #10 a custom build, or a kitbash? I'm asking because its in the back of my mind to sometime bash my roundhouse Sammy into a 16mm SR forney.

              Robert Waters

                > The Puffing Billy Climax boiler restoration has been completed at our
              shop
                > in Chelatchie, Washington.
                >
                > It will soon be shipped back to Oz.  Joan and I will be at Puff in
              December
                > to help with the reconstruction.
                >
                > The work included a new first course, new front & rear tube sheets, new
                > flues, and some patches in the firebox.  She should be got for another
              25
                > years or more.
                >
                > Linc & Joan Reed-Nickerson
                > Chelatchie Boiler Works USA
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                > --

            • Robert Waters
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 9, 2006
                I'm curious, is #10 a custom build, or a kitbash? I'm asking because its in the back of my mind to sometime bash my roundhouse Sammy into a 16mm SR forney.

                Robert Waters

                  > The Puffing Billy Climax boiler restoration has been completed at our
                shop
                  > in Chelatchie, Washington.
                  >
                  > It will soon be shipped back to Oz.  Joan and I will be at Puff in
                December
                  > to help with the reconstruction.
                  >
                  > The work included a new first course, new front & rear tube sheets, new
                  > flues, and some patches in the firebox.  She should be got for another
                25
                  > years or more.
                  >
                  > Linc & Joan Reed-Nickerson
                  > Chelatchie Boiler Works USA
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > --

              • John Simon
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 9, 2006

                  SR&RL #10 is a custom build by Gordon Watson here in Australia.   He is well known in the16mm live steam circles.

                                     John de VK2XGJ
                         Why do you press the buttons harder on the remote
                                when you know the batteries are dead?

                  I'm curious, is #10 a custom build, or a kitbash? I'm asking because its in the back of my mind to sometime bash my roundhouse Sammy into a 16mm SR forney.

                  Robert Waters

                    > The Puffing Billy Climax boiler restoration has been completed at our
                  shop
                    > in Chelatchie, Washington.
                    >
                    > It will soon be shipped back to Oz.  Joan and I will be at Puff in
                  December
                    > to help with the reconstruction.
                    >
                    > The work included a new first course, new front & rear tube sheets, new
                    > flues, and some patches in the firebox.  She should be got for another
                  25
                    > years or more.
                    >
                    > Linc & Joan Reed-Nickerson
                    > Chelatchie Boiler Works USA
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > Yahoo! Groups Links
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > --
                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                • Robert Waters

                    I'm curious, is #10 a custom build, or a kitbash? I'm asking because its in the back of my mind to sometime bash my roundhouse Sammy into a 16mm SR forney.

                    Robert Waters

                      > The Puffing Billy Climax boiler restoration has been completed at our
                    shop
                      > in Chelatchie, Washington.
                      >
                      > It will soon be shipped back to Oz.  Joan and I will be at Puff in
                    December
                      > to help with the reconstruction.
                      >
                      > The work included a new first course, new front & rear tube sheets, new
                      > flues, and some patches in the firebox.  She should be got for another
                    25
                      > years or more.
                      >
                      > Linc & Joan Reed-Nickerson
                      > Chelatchie Boiler Works USA
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > Yahoo! Groups Links
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > --
                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                  • Linc
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 9, 2006
                      John...

                      Thanks and 73,

                      Linc
                      W7HIE

                      > The Puffing Billy Climax boiler restoration has been completed at our
                      shop
                      > in Chelatchie, Washington.
                      >
                      > It will soon be shipped back to Oz. Joan and I will be at Puff in
                      December
                      > to help with the reconstruction.
                      >
                      > The work included a new first course, new front & rear tube sheets, new
                      > flues, and some patches in the firebox. She should be got for another
                      25
                      > years or more.
                      >
                      > Linc & Joan Reed-Nickerson
                      > Chelatchie Boiler Works USA
                      >

                      > Yahoo! Groups Links
                      >

                      > --

                      Yahoo! Groups Links
                    • John Simon
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 7, 2006
                        Well Linc have you arrived in VK yet? Did you bring a radio? Why
                        not????????? B-)

                        73, John de VK2XGJ
                        One of the reasons politicians try so hard to get themselves re-elected,
                        because they couldn't live under the laws that they have passed!

                        > May the Bird of Paradise forever fly above you. I'm looking forward to
                        > seeing the Climax back in service.
                        > Opps, better keep in focus. I'm expecting my 16mm SR&RL #10 live stem to
                        > land at my house next week.
                        >
                        > John de VK2XGJ
                        > Why do you press the buttons harder on the remote
                        > when you know the batteries are dead?

                      • John Simon
                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 7, 2006
                          My apologies to the Group for sending this email. I'm getting too old. B-)

                        • Linc
                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 10, 2006
                            Arrived 3/12.  At Puff during the week, but in Sydney for an RTM excursion to the north on Sunday.  Guest in private car owned by Mathew Roberts.

                            Back at Puff today, 11/12,  then up to Maitland for the 3801 evaluation project later in the week.

                            Very busy!

                            Linc