Renewing my Acquaintance

  • Joe Raymaker
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2005
      I spent a very pleasant Summer immersed in the study of the Maine two-
      footers, particularly the Sandy River. I owe much to Bob Troup, the
      "webmaster" of the Sandy River group, for his encouragement, and
      willingness to pass along knowledge.

      I'm glad to have been sent by a friend in this direction, and look
      forward to increasing my knowledge of Maine two-foot RRs in the good old
      days.

      If the auto and the truck and highways were the beginning of the end
      in Maine, so were they elsewhere, particularly in the El Dorado country of
      California, nearer where I live. The closing days of Pickering Sugar Pine
      and of Westside, found turcks hauling logs down to the RRs.

      JR