RE: Kingfield hardbacks

  • m2fq@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2000
      All,

      If you ordered a numbered hardback copy of Two Foot Cyclopedia - Kingfield,
      Maine, they are being shipped today.

      If anyone still wants a copy, we have a few left.
      $70.00 postage paid.

      I have enclosed part of a review by Jim Pitts:
      This new edition parallels the original Cyclopedia�s 88 pages. However,
      folded pages in the 1977 edition featuring: the SR&RL system, pp. 7-8;
      Kingfield town map, pp. 9-10; covered depot, pp.41-42; engine house floor
      plan, pp. 69-70, 71-72; engine- house side view, pp. 77-78; are now reduced
      to single sheets. Modelers should note that the proportional scales listed
      no longer accurately relate to these drawings.
      The 1999 edition of Volume 1 has 110 pages. A 22 page addendum presents a
      portfolio of approximately 70 photographs covering the junction, car shed,
      rail yard, station, engine house, north end of the yard, Kingfield mills, and
      the town. A panorama photograph of Kingfield from Winter Hill, Salem Stream
      Bridge drawings by Jeff Bissonette, 1923 Sanborn Insurance Map of Kingfield,
      SR&RL correspondence with ICC valuations and physical property reports
      complete this volume.
      Vol. 1 � Kingfield is more than a reprint. Nothing has been left out, but
      much has been added to enhance this classic work. I�m grateful that the
      Two-Foot Cyclopedia- Kingfield, Maine is back on track. Hopefully this
      series will roll on down the line to Strong and up to Phillips. Gary Kohler
      and colleagues are to be complimented. The Two-Foot Cyclopedia compliments
      the works of Peter Barney, H. T. Crittenden, Robert Jones, and Linwood Moody.
      For those who wish to recreate in memory and miniature the two foot gauge
      railroad of Kingfield, Maine, this new and expanded edition of the Two-Foot
      Cyclopedia is �a must have� for the collector�s library and the modeler�s
      workbench.
      Jim Pitts