Two foot inquiry

  • Jeff Bissonnette
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 1999
      -----------

      Hi Guys,

      I just joined the new list the other day, haven't seen much activity
      since joining (it's a new list, I understand!)... While thumbing through
      Ruby Crosby Wiggin's book (Big Dreams and Little Wheels), I found a photo
      that to me was quite interesting.

      It is of a string of boxcars with a boxcar in the foreground numbered
      65... The interesting thing about it, is that it is a conventional boxcar,
      not a reefer as shown in TFTT (Crittenden's plans). It also looks to be a
      30' (as it should be according to the numbering system and roster)... Now
      the Crittenden plans show a reefer marked #65, but it is shown as a 28'
      car, not a 30' car.

      Is that reefer one of the original 30' cars, that was shortened and
      rebuilt as a reefer. Or is it a different car with the same number? Or is
      the drawing incorrect as far as the length of the car is concerned?

      JeffB
    • M2fq@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 1999
        Who is the list host?