4830New Maine Book

  • Tim Mulina BHI
    May 29 9:56 AM

      Hi and sorry if you see this note more than once.

      I just got the final call from the printers and they are expecting to have our newest Maine Two Foot book to us in the next 7 days or so.

      It covers some of the Oddities and Mysteries of the Maine Two Footers and is authored by Peter Barney.

      There have been many things that made serious fans, modelers and scholars of the Maine Two Footers wonder WHY they happened. Many of the answers have been muddied by well meaning people stating their best guess as fact which confuses the issues even more. In some cases the answer is unable to be found because perhaps they were burned by a scorned Master Mechanic or Receiver and those instances are set out with all the information and images currently known as fact so you can make your own judgment.

      The Sandy River, Monson, Wiscasset, Kennebec Central, and Bridgton all have areas covered in this book and there is even some on Edaville. In addition to the text there is a mix of vintage photos, modern photos, and drawings and some comparison rosters.

      The final chapter deals with newly re-discovered relics thought to have been lost to time and the elements and the future.

      The book is $24.99 and we are accepting orders now which will ship out once the book arrives here.

      The webpage with sample pages and the Table of Contents is here:

      http://www.quickpicbooks.com/files/2ft_bks/Myst_Odd_2fters.html

      Thanks for the time and hope you will enjoy it as much as Peter and I did.

      Tim Mulina

      BHI Publications

      http://www.quickpicbooks.com/