      From: Gerald <usairman737@...>
      To: Maine 2-foot Modelers <MaineTwoFooters@yahoogroups.com>; NG Modelers Maine <MaineNG-modelers_forum@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Fri, May 17, 2013 10:38 pm
      Subject: [MaineTwoFooters] LCL shipments on the SR&RL

      It seems that nearly every principal "town" on the Sandy River had both a passenger depot and a freight depot.  Some were combined (Phillips) with some separate (Strong).

      Questions:  What kind of cars were used for the LCL shipments from the freight depots?  I don't recall seeing a photo of a boxcar parked on a siding near a freight depot.  Does that infer that passenger cars were used to transport LCL traffic, perhaps with loading done via a baggage cart when the train arrived?  I assume railcars were treated in a similar fashion?

      Gerry Cole
      On2 in Colorado
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic